What is on National's Emerald Aisle? *2011*

9 AM today (Friday 9/30) side B.

Emerald Aisle did have two mini vans, some of the smaller SUVs and your ususal assortment of cars (Did even see one volvo on there. Some Camrys, one Sonata, some malibus etc..)

Executive Aisle had a few bigger SUVs and nicer cars. (Buick, Volvo sedan, Volvo Wagon, G37, Charger etc..) I took the G 37.

Not sure anything was going to seat 7. Maybe the mini vans (but these were not extended mini vans) No Suburbans either.

And as for the "low mileage" Well my rental has 16K on it, so it's not one of the new 2012s but it's still very nice!
The minivans (Grand Caravans and Siennas) hold 7 and 8 passengers..full size and SUVs (Tahoes and Escalades) are 7 passenger.

9 AM today (Friday 9/30) side B.

Emerald Aisle did have two mini vans, some of the smaller SUVs and your ususal assortment of cars (Did even see one volvo on there. Some Camrys, one Sonata, some malibus etc..)

Executive Aisle had a few bigger SUVs and nicer cars. (Buick, Volvo sedan, Volvo Wagon, G37, Charger etc..) I took the G 37.

Not sure anything was going to seat 7. Maybe the mini vans (but these were not extended mini vans) No Suburbans either.

And as for the "low mileage" Well my rental has 16K on it, so it's not one of the new 2012s but it's still very nice!

LOL, and it was less than 20k miles. :) Our mini vans are: Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Towne and Country and Kia Sedona all hold 7 pax. The only mini van that we have that holds 8 is a Toyota Sienna, and the middle seat in the area behind the drive is wicked tiny. But, it does have a seat belt.

Last night, A side saw three Chrylser 200 converts on the Executive aisle, mini vans on the mid size row. It was a very busy day yesterday.

Just curious if someone can tell me if the selection is usually better on the A side or the B side. Im an executive member and was hoping to pick up a nice SUV (Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tahoe or Ford Explorer Limited).

I'll be arriving at 9am on a Wednesday and I'm flying Southwest, so we come in on the A side. From what I've read, it seems like the selection is better on the B side.

Is it worth making the walk over to B? I'm very familiar with the airport, but have never had to rent a car before.

Thanks!

Just curious if someone can tell me if the selection is usually better on the A side or the B side. Im an executive member and was hoping to pick up a nice SUV (Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tahoe or Ford Explorer Limited).

I'll be arriving at 9am on a Wednesday and I'm flying Southwest, so we come in on the A side. From what I've read, it seems like the selection is better on the B side.

Is it worth making the walk over to B? I'm very familiar with the airport, but have never had to rent a car before.

Thanks!

A side is larger than B side, the selections vary with the day of the week and time of day and no days are the same. It is very rare to see the type of vehicles you mentioned on the Executive aisle or even in the "regular EA". National is geared to the business traveler and not many business travelers want a SUV or mini van. Of course, there are exceptions to this, we have been very very busy lately, so, you never know what you will find. Last week I saw Converts on the Executive aisle on side A, something I was told was a "never".

A side is larger than B side, the selections vary with the day of the week and time of day and no days are the same. It is very rare to see the type of vehicles you mentioned on the Executive aisle or even in the "regular EA". National is geared to the business traveler and not many business travelers want a SUV or mini van. Of course, there are exceptions to this, we have been very very busy lately, so, you never know what you will find. Last week I saw Converts on the Executive aisle on side A, something I was told was a "never".

Are nicer cars usually on the executive aisle or the emerald aisle at MCO? Any tips for grabbing a nice vehicle?

This message is for gmeh1:

I would like to know what dictates what cars to put on the exec aisle besides the regular sedans. You said you saw a convertible but that is considered a "never" on the emerald or exec aisle. So why was it there? I know that getting a van or SUV is a crap shoot any time of the day but who or what decides to put that Tahoe or Caravan on the aisles instead of the designated aisles for those cars?

Thanks very much

Are nicer cars usually on the executive aisle or the emerald aisle at MCO? Any tips for grabbing a nice vehicle?

The nicer cars and/or more loaded ones would be on the Executive Aisle before the Emerald Aisle. The Executive Aisle is a step up from the Emerald Aisle, therefore more perks for their members. You have to be an Emerald Aisle member and then get bumped up to the Executive Aisle level by meeting the next tier of requirements and of course the next tier after Executive Aisle is the Elite Aisle. Generally when we choose our vehicle from the Executive Aisle, it's often will have extra bells and whistles. Also one of the nice perks of being Executive Aisle members is the ability to choose from either the regular aisle or the Executive aisle!

All our cars are nice. :) The upper models will be found on the executive aisle. No real tips as the inventory changes practically from moment to moment.

All our cars are nice. :) The upper models will be found on the executive aisle. No real tips as the inventory changes practically from moment to moment.

This message is for gmeh1:

I would like to know what dictates what cars to put on the exec aisle besides the regular sedans. You said you saw a convertible but that is considered a "never" on the emerald or exec aisle. So why was it there? I know that getting a van or SUV is a crap shoot any time of the day but who or what decides to put that Tahoe or Caravan on the aisles instead of the designated aisles for those cars?

Thanks very much

The "game" plan for the day dictates what is to be put on the aisles. Yes, the convertable is considered a "never". As to why it was there, I have no idea and really did not care enough to ask. Who decides? Ahhhh, people with a heck of a lot more power than I have. I can assure you that that the designated aisles will have ample supply of the appropriate class of cars, if they don't then adjustments are made to make sure our customers are happy.
Now, if you have any further questions on the how and why of things, I suggest you call corporate and ask. I really don't appreciate being grilled about decisions made by someone else in "command". I come here to answer general questions, NOT to face the "Spanish Inquistion".

The nicer cars and/or more loaded ones would be on the Executive Aisle before the Emerald Aisle. The Executive Aisle is a step up from the Emerald Aisle, therefore more perks for their members. You have to be an Emerald Aisle member and then get bumped up to the Executive Aisle level by meeting the next tier of requirements and of course the next tier after Executive Aisle is the Elite Aisle. Generally when we choose our vehicle from the Executive Aisle, it's often will have extra bells and whistles. Also one of the nice perks of being Executive Aisle members is the ability to choose from either the regular aisle or the Executive aisle!

Well explained, except:
You really cannot just go to a "regular aisle" with Exec. status. If you could, people would be hitting the Lux or Prem. row. The car needs to have an EA tag hanging from the mirror. And, those tags are not in the regular rows.
Congrats on Exec. status and I hope you make Elite!!!

I copied this from National's site:

Executive and Executive Elite status:
Rent your way to even more rewards and recognition.

Emerald Club Executive® status is yours with 12 paid rentals or 40 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Emerald Club® membership plus a higher level of privileges, including:

•Choice of Fullsize or better cars from our exclusive Executive area.
•Guaranteed upgrades: You always pay for one car class less than the car you reserved.
•One Free Rental Day with six rental credits.
Emerald Club Executive Elite® status is attainable with 25 paid rentals or 85 paid rental days in a calendar year. You'll enjoy all the benefits of Executive status plus:

•A guaranteed car (up to a Fullsize) with 24-hour notice.
•Vehicle delivery to most private airport terminals at many U.S. National locations.
•One Free Rental Day (any car class with no blackout dates) with just five rental credits.
Some restrictions apply. See Program Rules for details.

How to use the Executive area:

•Simply reserve a Midsize car at participating counter bypass locations in the U.S. or Canada.
•When you arrive at the location, follow the Executive signs and go directly to the Executive area.
•Choose any car on the Executive area (all cars are Fullsize or higher classes) and you'll only be charged the reserved Midsize rate.

Well explained, except:
You really cannot just go to a "regular aisle" with Exec. status. If you could, people would be hitting the Lux or Prem. row. The car needs to have an EA tag hanging from the mirror. And, those tags are not in the regular rows.
Congrats on Exec. status and I hope you make Elite!!!

Sorry to confuse you. I didn't mean a "regular" aisles. I meant you can go to the regular Emerald Aisle and the Executive Aisle. Yes I know I can't choose from any other aisle unless directed to by an agent. My last trip "Matt" directed us to take something from the full size SUV aisle. We didn't see anything we wanted on Side A and was going to schlep over to Side B when he asked to assist us. We were really lucky for the offer as that rarely happens. We probably won't see Elite anytime soon. We are averaging around 60 rental days a year right now. But I do have a couple of friends who are at the Elite level!!

The "game" plan for the day dictates what is to be put on the aisles. Yes, the convertable is considered a "never". As to why it was there, I have no idea and really did not care enough to ask. Who decides? Ahhhh, people with a heck of a lot more power than I have. I can assure you that that the designated aisles will have ample supply of the appropriate class of cars, if they don't then adjustments are made to make sure our customers are happy.
Now, if you have any further questions on the how and why of things, I suggest you call corporate and ask. I really don't appreciate being grilled about decisions made by someone else in "command". I come here to answer general questions, NOT to face the "Spanish Inquistion".

I'm sorry you took this the wrong way. I was not trying to give you a hard time or "grill" you. It the tone of my message made you feel that way I apologize. I was just curious as to the way things work behing the scenes there since National and Alamo seem to be the most popular car rental company at Orlando.

I just though that because you work there you would have some inside information that us dumb tourists don't have.

Don't worry I won't be bothering you anymore.

We just returned a Volvo S40 T5. Nice power and a good ride. We picked it up Wednesday early evening and returned today at 9:30AM.

Sorry to confuse you. I didn't mean a "regular" aisles. I meant you can go to the regular Emerald Aisle and the Executive Aisle. Yes I know I can't choose from any other aisle unless directed to by an agent. My last trip "Matt" directed us to take something from the full size SUV aisle. We didn't see anything we wanted on Side A and was going to schlep over to Side B when he asked to assist us. We were really lucky for the offer as that rarely happens. We probably won't see Elite anytime soon. We are averaging around 60 rental days a year right now. But I do have a couple of friends who are at the Elite level!!

No worries, and you did not confuse me. :) I just did not want anyone reading this to be confused. :)
You know the "rules", but you would be amazed at the number of people that do not.
Great for your friends' Elite status!!!! :)

I'm sorry you took this the wrong way. I was not trying to give you a hard time or "grill" you. It the tone of my message made you feel that way I apologize. I was just curious as to the way things work behing the scenes there since National and Alamo seem to be the most popular car rental company at Orlando.

I just though that because you work there you would have some inside information that us dumb tourists don't have.

Don't worry I won't be bothering you anymore.

Thank you for that. And, you were not bothering me.

I am not sure if National, Enterprise and Alamo are the most popular, but, we are certainly busy.

I don't believe that tourists are dumb, I believe they are in a strange location and sometimes nervous about things, not to mention confused and often very stressed. Very normal and expected reactions. I do not normally interacte with tourists, but, whenever I see an opportunity to assist them in some way, I take it and try to be as helpful as possible. IE: a woman was alone, had quite a few pieces of luggage and seemed totally at sea about how to get from terminal side to garage side with all that stuff. I was coming back from break, noticed she had an Alamo rental agreement, told her that if she could give me a couple of minutes to punch in and use the restroom, that I would be happy to help her get to the other side and would wait till she selected a car. To me, that is what customer service is about. She was happy and we want our customers happy.

Well I had to cancel my National ressie. :confused3 I really love being able to use the Emerald Aisle but at $360 for that opportunity vs. $184 for a Full Size from Alamo I just couldn't make it work. I could get 2 from Alamo for that price. This was for 11 days starting Friday night. I keep checking National;s prices but the prices have gone up, not down.

Both rates were discounted if I used my Visa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter