• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What food is on everyone's top 10 list that you just hate?

I've heard that too but still haven't tried it.

The blonde roast is good - tastes like Dunkin Donuts! I love Dunkin Donuts for coffee.

I love Starbucks for one thing - their refreshers. Soooo good and...refreshing! Not the canned ones, but the ones made to order. Cool lime is my favorite, but Very Berry Hibiscus is delicious as is the strawberry.

Venti Cool Lime is only 70 calories and really hits the spot on a hot day.

I honestly didn't like anything we had at BOG... :-/ We did breakfast there, and everything we got was ... "fine", at best. Plates of things we could have picked up at any grocery store for 1/10 of the cost. Incredibly disappointing.

Okay folks.

Popcorn.

Love it? Hate it? Need an IV pump of fluids after eating it?

I'll have a handful but that's really it.

I do really enjoy the popcorn, I must admit. Grab some on my way out of MK, stop at the resort QS and fill my mug, and go back to my room and kick back for a while. Beats the heck out of QS pizza.

I honestly didn't like anything we had at BOG... :-/ We did breakfast there, and everything we got was ... "fine", at best. Plates of things we could have picked up at any grocery store for 1/10 of the cost. Incredibly disappointing.
I think that steak sandwich is really tasty, but everything else there was very, very meh to me.

I don't know if there's anything I hate, but I think the one thing everyone seems to just love that I don't jump for joy for are the Mickey Pretzels. They just taste like regular food court pretzels to me, and I actually prefer Auntie Anne's. That's not to say they're bad, though, and I look forward to them because they're a tradition. I actually really like Dole Whips and Tonga Toast and most of the other traditional foods people love at WDW.

I can’t stomach any of the cookies, desserts, ice creams, bread puddings with sprinkles. On the other hand, my son is attracted to colored and shaped pieces of sugar particles like a barracuda to shiny objects.

I was never a bread pudding fan until... my husband got it at Raglan Road... O.M.G.... heavenly!

I already mentioned the digusting breakfast hash at Tusker House, but I also remembered the runny scrambled eggs at Akershus. Disgusting....

12045531_903943079640789_8628539355517176789_o.jpg

EW!!!

It says "sweet cream cheese pretzel" on the menus. However, I do agree that it was disgusting. Just tossed it in the trash. I should've eaten my 5 dollar bill instead.

In my 40-plus years I never thought I'd ever taste a nasty-looking turkey leg, but DD decided to try one and it was delicious. I'm pretty certain it's really ham, but tasty nonetheless.

Other than the zucchini fries, everything we've ever had at Tony's has been disgusting. We've had plenty of "meh" stuff but nothing else we'd refuse to eat again.

Yes... I took a bite of a turkey leg once and that's what it tastes like... smoked HAM!

I'm interested as to why you don't like the Plaza. That's one of those restaurants that I've always meant to try, but just never gotten "round to". And if I'm not mistaken, the Plaza doesn't take reservations now, so I don't see myself getting around to it soon. Wondering if maybe I shouldn't bother.
We liked the Plaza... great reuben sandwich!

And back in the day I hated the coffee at Disney. I used to stop off at Starbucks in MCO and get a venti and drink it like it was the last time I'd see coffee.

Oh how I miss REAL coffee when I'm at Disney... until I get to Kona at the Poly or one of the Starbucks

The blonde roast is good - tastes like Dunkin Donuts! I love Dunkin Donuts for coffee.

I love Starbucks for one thing - their refreshers. Soooo good and...refreshing! Not the canned ones, but the ones made to order. Cool lime is my favorite, but Very Berry Hibiscus is delicious as is the strawberry.

Venti Cool Lime is only 70 calories and really hits the spot on a hot day.

Exactly! Most Starbucks coffees are too strong but I can deal with the mild. Love the Passion Ice tea! I'm a DD fan too!

This is a good thread! I knew when I started reading it I'd see Dole Whips!

Here's my thinking... many of these things are SO hyped up by the time we try them we're disappointed... and sometimes it really just is EW! On that note... although I agree 'hate' is too strong, here's my list:

Tonga Toast - really disappointed. The bananas were not in every bite and it was just a big blob of dry bread
Dole Whip - we got it at the Poly... it was ok
Breakfast hot dog at Casey's... never tried it and I won't... that's just scary... and I don't want to be tasting hot dog from 8am on!

Cronut... my husband and I downed that! Yum!

Last edited:
Dole whip. A one and done. Very chemically tasting to me.
I don't do the cupcakes normally cause I'm a baker. lol I only like my own.
Corn dogs. I literally spit it out when I bit into it. EW. Plus I can't justify eating an overpriced hot dog at WDW. Nope, there are other options that are way better.
Turkey legs. DH loves them. He can have them. ick.

I don't know if there's anything I hate, but I think the one thing everyone seems to just love that I don't jump for joy for are the Mickey Pretzels. They just taste like regular food court pretzels to me, and I actually prefer Auntie Anne's. That's not to say they're bad, though, and I look forward to them because they're a tradition. I actually really like Dole Whips and Tonga Toast and most of the other traditional foods people love at WDW.
Try dipping the pretzel in the dole whip. om. nom. nom.

Okay folks.

Popcorn.

Love it? Hate it? Need an IV pump of fluids after eating it?

I'll have a handful but that's really it.

I've never done it at WDW (I assume it'd just be typical popcorn?), but it's a sensation at Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea. If you ever go there, they have so many flavors and people line up for it... you'll have to try it there if you go! Maybe there you won't be one and done?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter