I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Quoting myself - on 4/22 I chatted with Amex and downgraded the BCP to the BCE, today I have an offer to upgrade to the BCP for a $75 credit after a $1000 spend. Seems like a no brainer, unless there is a dp of a better offer?
Did they offer no AF for the first year also? DH just got 150 back and no AF, but he downgraded a year ago. I just downgraded mine, so we upgraded his.

Regarding the Chase categories, I assume that Costco gas will count when the category is Gas. Also, I imagine that Costco gas does not count when the category is Wholesale clubs. Is that correct?

I never paid attention because I didn't have the Visa card. I do most of my gas and groceries at Costco so I will be able to easily max out both of those categories when they come back around.

Did they offer no AF for the first year also? DH just got 150 back and no AF, but he downgraded a year ago. I just downgraded mine, so we upgraded his.

No, this is what I saw when I logged on:

Upgrade and Earn $75 Back

After you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months. You will receive the $75 back in the form of a statement credit.†

Upgrading your Card is simple – Your account number will not change and any existing Additional Card(s) will also be upgraded. You can continue using your existing Card(s) until you receive the new Card(s).

Regarding the Chase categories, I assume that Costco gas will count when the category is Gas. Also, I imagine that Costco gas does not count when the category is Wholesale clubs. Is that correct?

I never paid attention because I didn't have the Visa card. I do most of my gas and groceries at Costco so I will be able to easily max out both of those categories when they come back around.
I'm pretty sure you have that backwards. It will not count when the category is Gas, the T&C's specifically call out that warehouse club gas is not included. I would think that it still codes as warehouse so Costco gas will count during warehouse quarters.

I think the CSR PYB categories for wholesale clubs specifically exclude gas. Not sure about Freedom. It’s been a while since I tried it. A workaround is you can buy a Costco shop card and use that to pay for gas.

The 0% Chase Disney offer. I think I was too quick to make my purchase and only booked our rooms with the card not our tickets. Will this still qualify for the 0%?

Did you accomplish it via SM or did you have to call? What is the exact name of that card?
Have to call since they need to read you a disclosure statement about the new card….I just said I wanted to PC it to a fee free card and she described the freedom cards and I picked the one I wanted

I just called and was told NO that card is no longer available. I explained that I know that card is not available for new applications but I was told by 'someone else' that you could still do a product change to that card. The woman told me no repeatedly so I gave up with her. Do you think it's worth a HUCA?
I’d try again

If you are asking if Costco gas counts as gas for PYB it does…..I have been using PYB on my CSR since gas stations have been a category
Not sure it counts as 5x for quarterly wearhouse categories

Maybe it's time for me to figure out how to churn my CSR. No Sapphire bonus since 8/2018.
That's what I'm working on ATM. It's been over 4 years and I would like more URs.

Has anyone done this while having existing reservations booked under CSR on the portal? I don’t know why I’m so afraid of something going wrong with those if I PC. Plus I have some flights booked where I paid taxes with the CSR for the insurance. I guess I’d lose that when I take the flights in 2025. Off to weigh risk/reward trade off.
No, and that's the reason why DH isn't churning his CSR (which is even older than mine). We keep adding things to it, so I'm going to go for one and we can shift all future travel spend there. Once we are done with what we have already booked we will churn his. Just in case, because I'm risk averse. ;)

I am also considering it's about time to churn my Sapphire. Has anyone recently had success PCing to the old Freedom Card (the Visa that has the rotating categories?) We have "extra" of the CFF cards but they don't work at Costco so we can never use that category. I am always tempted to try to PC one of the CFFs or a CFU for that card but I don't know if they let you do that since they are all in the same family of cards?
I had to call because it wasn't one of the cards they offered me over SM. The first person I spoke with knew exactly which card I wanted and it was a really quick process.

I just called and was told NO that card is no longer available. I explained that I know that card is not available for new applications but I was told by 'someone else' that you could still do a product change to that card. The woman told me no repeatedly so I gave up with her. Do you think it's worth a HUCA?
Yes! I see you already did call back. Congrats!

Maybe dumb question, but when you PC from CSP to a Freedom, do you keep the same card #? I don't *think* I have anything on auto-bill on my CSP, but just in case.

I would like more URs
Always.

Maybe dumb question, but when you PC from CSP to a Freedom, do you keep the same card #? I don't *think* I have anything on auto-bill on my CSP, but just in case.
Depends on which Freedom. Freedom Flex is a MC and CSP a Visa, so the numbers will change. If Visa to Visa, no change. See above conversation about various Freedom cards available.

Depends on which Freedom. Freedom Flex is a MC and CSP a Visa, so the numbers will change. If Visa to Visa, no change. See above conversation about various Freedom cards available.
That's spot on. When I changed my Sapphire to the old Freedom a few days ago I was told I could still use the old number to purchase things while I wait for the new card to arrive. She also told me that the security number would change so I needed to fix any auto-pay accounts that were tied to this card.

That's spot on. When I changed my Sapphire to the old Freedom a few days ago I was told I could still use the old number to purchase things while I wait for the new card to arrive. She also told me that the security number would change so I needed to fix any auto-pay accounts that were tied to this card.
My card has already been changed from CFU Visa to CF Visa in the app. I was able to activate the Quarterly categories today and use the old Visa card while I wait for the new card to arrive. I wonder if they will both work going forward or if Chase will cancel the old one when I start using the new.

Has anyone done this while having existing reservations booked under CSR on the portal? I don’t know why I’m so afraid of something going wrong with those if I PC. Plus I have some flights booked where I paid taxes with the CSR for the insurance. I guess I’d lose that when I take the flights in 2025. Off to weigh risk/reward trade off.
No, and that's the reason why DH isn't churning his CSR (which is even older than mine). We keep adding things to it, so I'm going to go for one and we can shift all future travel spend there. Once we are done with what we have already booked we will churn his. Just in case, because I'm risk averse. ;)
Me too. It's been 4 years and now time to consider churning my CSR. But I am constantly using it and I'm also worried about this issue. Last time I did the DD for both CSR/CSP. It was probably my most stressful app day lol.

When opening a Marriot Bonvoy CC, how long after making the $3000 in charges does it typically take for the 3 free nights bonus to get onto your account? It says up to 8 weeks, just wondering if it's usually much sooner than that.

I grabbed two $100 Disney gift cards from Sam's with my CSR. I have a small balance for a Italy/Greece cruise next summer. And I have 1,440 Swagbucks pending. Not sure it that will stick or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter