What do you dislike the most about your age group?

Women have been drinking and getting wasted around their kids since way before I was born. I've heard the stories about my great aunts and other family. There just wasn't social media back then.

Growing up my mom and her best friend used to thoroughly enjoy their pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris, I will stick with wine myself!!!!

I am a millennial and I think we get a bad rap. DH and I have always been well employed, pay our student loans since our parent's weren't able to pay for our college educations, never even considered living with our parents after high school, have good savings, have purchased 3 homes and sold 2, etc., we aren't entitled moochers, we work very hard, and so do all of our friends.

Proud and happy Gen X!

Ahh, growing up in the 80's was the best. We were still able to play outside and explore on our own. We had cable TV and Atari on rainy days. And for the trifecta, we had John Hughes movies. Come on, life was sweet! :laughing:

Worst part ... hmmm. That some in my age group still think they're young. Mid life crises? :confused3
Dude, you're 45 with a beer gut trying to go to the club? No! Give it up. Under 30's only. Come on, you know this! You are now "that old guy" we used to point at with the WTH is he doing here look back in the day.
Girlfriend, no! You don't look sexy in that outfit from Forever 21. Despite the stores name, the reality is you are twice that age and you're trying too hard. You can't (and don't) look cute like your daughter in daisy dukes. Yes, your body is great, but it's inappropriate at your 10 year old sons soccer game. Now go put some shorts on that cover your tushie.

I am I think what is the Z generation. I was born in 1980, so not a Gen X, but not a millennial. I think what annoys me about my generation, is the constant need to keep your kids busy. A lot of my friends and family members have their kids in so many activities, programs, and clubs. We don't do a lot here, so people are "concerned" that my children will not be adjusted because I have denied them something. Also the constant posting pics of their kids. I love my kids, but I don't need to constantly photograph them. I get a lot of flack for it.

I get annoyed when people my age start wheezing about how much better it was when THEY were kids. "Dude, you grew up in the Seventies, not some glorious Golden Age of civility and decency!.

I also get really annoyed when they start ragging on teens/early twenty-somethings. "These are my kids you're talking about, and they're awesome. They're so much smarter and better informed and more socially aware than I was when I was a teenager in the 80's. So get off your high horse! Social media is not the downfall of civilization, any more than Heavy Metal or MTV was when we were growing up!"

Grr... :laughing:
this is pretty much exactly what I was going to post. I get very anoyed with people my age who are very insulting about the current crop of young people.

Proud and happy Gen X!

Ahh, growing up in the 80's was the best. We were still able to play outside and explore on our own. We had cable TV and Atari on rainy days. And for the trifecta, we had John Hughes movies. Come on, life was sweet! :laughing:

Worst part ... hmmm. That some in my age group still think they're young. Mid life crises? :confused3
Dude, you're 45 with a beer gut trying to go to the club? No! Give it up. Under 30's only. Come on, you know this! You are now "that old guy" we used to point at with the WTH is he doing here look back in the day.
Girlfriend, no! You don't look sexy in that outfit from Forever 21. Despite the stores name, the reality is you are twice that age and you're trying too hard. You can't (and don't) look cute like your daughter in daisy dukes. Yes, your body is great, but it's inappropriate at your 10 year old sons soccer game. Now go put some shorts on that cover your tushie.

I'm 34 and still go to the club but i don't wear daisy dukes lol. Im actually going tonight for Latin night for a family members 27th bday.

I will say I'm seeing more and more 40+ year old women looking WAY better than these 20 something girls. So many young people start to drink so young, eat crap, pop pills and do harder drugs than weed that their skin looks like crap. I have friends in their 40s who can put a lot of younger girls to shame and they do it with class.

I truly believe you're only as old as you feel. If you start confining your life after a certain age then life just gets boring. I can't do this because I'm a year older is BS IMO.

I do know what you mean about "that old guy" at the club but for me it's always the guy that goes alone and stalks the girls. If he has a beer belly and is there with a group of friends and is having a good time go for it!!!! Life is too short to worry about your shape. Just go out and live life. You only get one.

I dislike that my generation pretty much invented reality TV as we know it today with the advent of "The Real World" on MTV.

I'm 34 and still go to the club but i don't wear daisy dukes lol. Im actually going tonight for Latin night for a family members 27th bday.

I will say I'm seeing more and more 40+ year old women looking WAY better than these 20 something girls. So many young people start to drink so young, eat crap, pop pills and do harder drugs than weed that their skin looks like crap. I have friends in their 40s who can put a lot of younger girls to shame and they do it with class.

I truly believe you're only as old as you feel. If you start confining your life after a certain age then life just gets boring. I can't do this because I'm a year older is BS IMO.

I do know what you mean about "that old guy" at the club but for me it's always the guy that goes alone and stalks the girls. If he has a beer belly and is there with a group of friends and is having a good time go for it!!!! Life is too short to worry about your shape. Just go out and live life. You only get one.

I'm not saying you have to stop having fun, but if you're 43 (my age, with kids) hanging out at clubs on a regular basis is odd.

34 and female going to the club for a party is different than the scenario I was talking about. You're with a group of friends. But trust me, eventually you'll go one day when you're older look around and realize you truly don't belong. It's not a bad thing, just that you're at a different phase in your life.

Of course women can wear clothes that are sexy at any age. I'm 43 and have some really killer outfits! (And not to toot my own horn I don't look my age.) However, I'm not parading around in sexy attire at my daughter's school or sports events. Time and place. I don't want to see you at the soccer game in daisy dukes. It is likely embarrassing to her kids too.

I'm 39. So the chart puts me as Gen x, but I've always felt like I'm sandwiched between Gen x and millenials and not quite either one....which I know a few others in my age on this thread have said too.
I hate that everyone says we are raising entitled, over protected kids. I have been teaching them the value of a dollar and that some of the best things in life are free....but, I'm also going to give my kids all the experiences and things my middle class income can afford them. I'm going to be just overprotective enough that I know they are safe, but they can learn from a mistake every now and again. I do say no and we do have discipline. So, yeah, we say "good try" when a kid strikes out and the coach lets even the not-so-good players get a chance to play. "Everyone gets a trophy" doesn't mean that nobody ever gets bullied or goes through a tough time or that we never say no to them...and really everyone only gets a trophy in my town in 1st grade...after that, you earn just like every other generation.

That we were ALL dope sniffing, shooting, smoking hippies. "Oh, you're from the 70's, you were smoking the funny weed" No, not everybody, some of us can have fun without it.

I am I think what is the Z generation. I was born in 1980, so not a Gen X, but not a millennial. I think what annoys me about my generation, is the constant need to keep your kids busy. A lot of my friends and family members have their kids in so many activities, programs, and clubs. We don't do a lot here, so people are "concerned" that my children will not be adjusted because I have denied them something. Also the constant posting pics of their kids. I love my kids, but I don't need to constantly photograph them. I get a lot of flack for it.

Agree. You need downtime. Kids have to be bored and learn how to entertain themselves.

I had a lot of questions last week on my 'tween phase' thread when I posted about all the summer camps my daughter had attended. Yes, 5 camps can look like a lot. But in reality she has 12 and a half weeks off for summer. That has left a lot of free time.

I'm amazed that we are in the low range with activities during the school year. She plays one seasonal sport and 1 club that is for an hour after school 1 day a week. That works really well for us.

The over posting of pics, :laughing:. I have those friends too. One posted them at the grocery store yesterday. What? Why?!?! Who cares if your kids are in the frozen food aisle? :rolleyes: My guess, nobody!

I'm a few years older and I totally agree. It's also the constant talk about how busy and stressed they are. It seems like there's this idea that seeming busy somehow make you important or something. The truth is they aren't any more busy than anyone else. Besides if you post about the tv shows you spend 3 hours a night watching, then yeah you actually aren't super busy.

i'm turning 28 in two months gen z and millennial is both because we are the last gen z and we became a millennial because we were young adults or tweens when y2k was happing plus we know what it is like with out iPhones and tablets. I don't hate my generation but what I can say I hate that we all how have some forum of problem i'm asd and I can't have gluten. The more i read it is like autism is the new ADD it is like normal went out the window

You're not Gen Z. Gen Z comes after the Millenials. You're a tweener born at the tail end of Gen X or the beginning of the Millenials.

I am born in the very early 1980s. I feel like my generation thinks "normal" and "average" are bad words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter