What do you dislike the most about your age group?

I was born in 1962 so I am lumped in with the Baby Boom generation but I don't feel like I'm part of it. Many of us boomers like our wine too!

Well I am 45 and I am noticing people my age are really starting to age. According to my magic mirror, I am not or maybe it is just the wine goggles.

I have noticed that everybody but me looks old :rotfl2:

Seriously, one thing that bothers me about people our age is that so many of them are grandparents.

Funny that! Here was I considering my tombstone be engraved with "Get off the grass!"
52b35baaa0d8cb69daf7cc4b5d632736.jpg

Well I'm 44 and my kids are all in highschool so I don't feel the need to shelter them to the fact that sometimes a glass or two of wine relieves stress.

I'm not talking about a glass or two, I'm talking about a BOTTLE (or two). A day! Every day. Parents of YOUNG kids.

I'm sorry, but I know that alcohol helps relieve stress. But I don't think it is ever healthy to NEED alcohol to relieve stress. That is the point at which a person has become an alcoholic. I enjoy drinks now and then, but I certainly don't get wasted while my young kids play in the next room because my husband is away for the week and I "just literally can't even anymore" I see a LOT of this. And it worries me.

Last edited:

Gen X. But I had my kids in my 30s so def no grandkids here. But recently was told I needed reading glasses.

I think every generation think other generations are crap because of xy and z.

I'm a baby boomer at 57, and seriously have no complaints. I'm enjoying this stage, and friends that I have that are the same age. Our kids are grown, and I can now just enjoy being with them without parenting them. I feel a lot younger than the 57 year olds that were around when I was 25 (if that makes sense).

I was born in 1962 so I am lumped in with the Baby Boom generation but I don't feel like I'm part of it. Many of us boomers like our wine too!

A lot of people born in the 60s don't identify with either the Boomers or Gen X and are really not like either one.

Women have been drinking and getting wasted around their kids since way before I was born. I've heard the stories about my great aunts and other family. There just wasn't social media back then.

I'm game for 120, but I suspect I will have moved from the "Get off my lawn" stage to the "get off my grave" stage.
......NEVER do that again.....at least without fair warning.

[Don't you know how much it hurts when iced coffee travels through one's NOSE?]

I get annoyed when people my age start wheezing about how much better it was when THEY were kids. "Dude, you grew up in the Seventies, not some glorious Golden Age of civility and decency!.

I also get really annoyed when they start ragging on teens/early twenty-somethings. "These are my kids you're talking about, and they're awesome. They're so much smarter and better informed and more socially aware than I was when I was a teenager in the 80's. So get off your high horse! Social media is not the downfall of civilization, any more than Heavy Metal or MTV was when we were growing up!"

Grr... :laughing:

I'm 30, I don't really know what generation I belong to.

I don't have a problem with any generation. Each generation is made up of the same type of people, just different ages. Some compassionate, some cruel, some hard working, some entitled, some stupid, some smart, I imagine the proportions are pretty well equal from one generation to another.

I have a problem with the jerks in any generation.

EXACTLY. And prior to that, regular rock and roll and the invention of TV in general.

Yep! And back in the Victorian era, it was felt that reading sensational novels was highly damaging to young ladies' delicate nerves, and too much of it could drive them insane. If they must read, they should limit themselves to the Bible and other properly morally uplifting texts. And even then, it was wise not to overindulge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!