What do you dislike the most about your age group?

meaty

Mouseketeer
I'm 19 and I hate how most of my age group is all about watching love island and taking selfies.

only a couple of years from being "elderly" :rolleyes:
Don't always feel it, but sometimes......

Gen-X fam! We were awesome in the 80's and we're equally awesome now! We just have grandkids and can't see as well.

Gen-Xers Unite!! And I agree - We're pretty awesome!

But I don't have grandkids yet... And I can still see.

I guess the thing that currently irritates me the most about my age group is being sandwiched between the Baby Boomers & the Millennials.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's an "age group" thing (I'm 38) or not, but I HATE this notion that, at least among women, "lots of wine" will solve all your problems...and it's HILARIOUS and completely acceptable to drink wine anytime you are even remotely stressed out, and in particular, when the cause of stress is your kids. This seems to be rampant among 35-45 year olds in particular.

Yeah, alcoholism is SO funny...

Not sure if it is entire generation but definitely age group.....that quite a few "parents" treat kids like accessories or pets. Send them wherever whenever so they can still be carefree. Not discipline their kids because they are just so cute OR expect others to take care of and discipline the kids FOR them.

I'm 28 - Married - home owner - been consistently employed since I was 16 - New parent (on purpose)

Tired of people my age making excuses and blaming someone else for why they can't move out of their parents house.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's an "age group" thing (I'm 38) or not, but I HATE this notion that, at least among women, "lots of wine" will solve all your problems...and it's HILARIOUS and completely acceptable to drink wine anytime you are even remotely stressed out, and in particular, when the cause of stress is your kids. This seems to be rampant among 35-45 year olds in particular.

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!! I cringe every time I hear anything like this. It's the "in" thing for mothers to need wine to cope with their kids now I guess?

I can hear it now... said in a baby-voice "Mommy needs some wine!!!!!" oh. my. gosh.

I don't know if it's a generation thing, but the constant pressure to overshare and document one's life through social media.

Seriously. You do not need to tell 7 billion people your favorite toilet paper brand and they certainly do not need to see your drunken selfies! Nobody should know if you wear boxers or briefs via a quick Google search!
And I could care less if Angela is having a party, let alone if I was invited or if you're going, please stop with the event updates. If I want to know what's going down at this party, I will show up in person. and nobody really (except your stalker or possibly your mother) is obsessed with your breastfeeding photos, your bikini shots from the dressing room or whatever new celebrity-promoted item you just bought. ;)

I am so sick of people asking me if I have a _______ account, because the answer is no, I don't, and I don't feel like I need to overshare my life. You want to know something? Ask me.

"Dislike" isn't really the right way to put it, but if I have to pick something it's that I'm not really in the same season of life that they are. My DH is older and my DS is younger than the husbands and kids of most women my age. :upsidedow DH could say the same thing; most men his age are retired already and their kids are 20 years older than our DS. He's also out of step with the husbands of a lot of my lady friends because they are quite a bit younger than he is and at a different place in their careers.

Well I'm 44 and my kids are all in highschool so I don't feel the need to shelter them to the fact that sometimes a glass or two of wine relieves stress.

Which brings me to what I dislike most about my generation, somewhere along the lines quite a few of them became over protective helicopter parents who are raising kids that aren't capable of living in the real world without mommy making everything safe for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter