• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you consider a fever?

I'm a hypochondriac & a germaphobe, so I wouldn't want you around *my* kids if your temperature was 99.5 & you'd been recently diagnosed w/ the flu.

However, I think, according to the CDC, a person is contagious w/ the flu for 5-7 days, & children can be contagious for longer.

Do you still feel ill?
Nope. I feel pretty good. A little tired, but it feels like fibromyalgia fatigue.

Our daycare has the same policy though they are now sending kids home with anything more than 99.4 if they have any other symptoms. I think it is wise because of all the germs going around

Depends what your normal temp is, mine is 97 so if I reach the "normal" 98.6, I have a fever. I don't think there's a one size fits all even though a lot say 100.4. If mine was 100.4, I'd feel like crap and certainly not well enough to work.

Like others here, my temp runs low so anything above "normal" usually only happens if I am really sick. If you run high or even normal, you might be fine. If in doubt, stay home.

You were probably contagious before you even knew you were sick so the kids have already been exposed anyway.

You were probably contagious before you even knew you were sick so the kids have already been exposed anyway.
Yep. My 4 year old has chills this morning. No other symptoms. But we are treating it like the flu and she is staying home with me and I am pushing rest and fluids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter