What do you consider a fever?

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
In trying to figure out when I’m not contagious with the flu any longer, I was told by my doctor when I’m 24 hours fever free without medicine. Ok. So then I ask her what is considered a fever. She said 100.4F or higher. I haven’t been above 99.5 is 36 hours. So do I have a fever or not?

Last edited:

I agree it's a low grade fever at this point. I am not a medical professional though. Just my opinion. Not sure if you are contagious at this point or not.

99.5 is not worrisome at all. That wouldnt even be on my oncologists radar as a concerning temp. Like most others said 100.4 anything below tha put is not something to worry about.

Depends what your normal temp is, mine is 97 so if I reach the "normal" 98.6, I have a fever. I don't think there's a one size fits all even though a lot say 100.4. If mine was 100.4, I'd feel like crap and certainly not well enough to work.

I hit 100 after going shopping. But I am wearing a mask and washing my hands like crazy when I get near anyone.

I think it would be smart to wait another day before getting back to regular life. You'll regret giving it to your kids. To be 100% safe, call your doctor's office and ask. But if it were me, I'd make sure I was truly fever free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter