What are you afraid of?

I'm scared to sleep alone at night.

I also have a lot of phobias associated with cars. I'm terrified to drive in heavy, fast traffic. I've developed a phobia about going through a car wash. And I'm scared of my car exploding when I start it.

The car wash and exploding car thing came on as an adult -- just within the last six months -- and I have no idea why. I can't tie it to any traumatic event.

themilesfamily said:

t.

Me too. It started when I wad a teen. My dad was gone & my mom worked nights, so it was my job to take care of my 4 younger sibs. I used to walk the floor for hours, checking the doors until I was too tired to go one.

Once I got married the fear dissipated. That is, until recently. DH took a week long trip with a friend, so I was home alone. Oh man, the fear came back with a vengeance. By the time he got home I was nearly manic due to sleep deprivation.

Being homeless. I can't imagine how women do it; I know they don't have a choice in the matter.

I'm afraid of dying by drowning or by fire. I'm also afraid of bees. I've never been stung, but my sister has been and is deathly allergic to the sting. She carries an epi-pen with her at all times. I'm afraid to find out if I'm allergic too.

Queen Colleen

Snakes, can't even listen to people talk about them or look at pictures of them. DD14 had a friend who had one and I couldn't drive her over or pick her up from the friends house. Knowing it was in there made my skin crawl. What if I had to go up to the front door for some reason??? :scared::scared:

Rides at water parks where you are in a raft and have to go down into a funnel-like area. (like Howlin' Tornado at Great Wolf Lodge) My fear is that I'm going to end up going down backwards or fall out.

I also have a lot of phobias associated with cars. I'm terrified to drive in heavy, fast traffic. I've developed a phobia about going through a car wash. And I'm scared of my car exploding when I start it.

The car wash and exploding car thing came on as an adult -- just within the last six months -- and I have no idea why. I can't tie it to any traumatic event.

Unless you have wronged someone in the mafia you're probably okay on this one. ;)

What wakes me up once in a while in the wee hours of the morning is the fear that my kids could have to grow up without a mom or dad.

That's my fear too. My kids are also 10 and (almost) 13. I fear that we both won't live to see our kids graduate high school. My most fervent wish is that they will have both of us until they get to college.

heights, clowns, bees, losing DH at a young age, or DH and the kids losing me at a young age, or the kids losing us both at a young age, or any deadly diseases hitting my loved ones or me, losing my parents,

I am just a mess!!:rotfl:

High places attached to the ground. Weird, maybe, but in an airplane I'm fine. I've even flown in helicopters with the doors off. That was a hoot and a half and I loved it, even riding in the side-facing seats while the pilot was making steep banks close to the ground to avoid trees.

But in a building or on a tower, even enclosed by glass or a railing that's not at least chest high, and my knees go all wonky and I can feel the drop pulling at me. The only thing that works is to sit down, for some reason.

scared to death of being buried alive or being trapped in a very small space underground

I'm afraid of the dark too! What you can't see with your imagination is worse then what you can see!

I'm afraid of snakes also. Last summer we went camping. Walking back to the car with fishing pole in hand a snake slithered past me. I pushed my poor son out of my way and hauled it back to the car! I couldn't get in because I couldn't process to drop the darn fishing pole! Totally failed mother moment LOL!! :rotfl2:

Also laying awake at night thinking of what would happen to my kiddos. What if we were broken in to? How would I get to my kids?

Heights, closed in/tight spaces, and armadillos (yes, really)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter