What about a trip to DisneyLand?(Bringing out our Inner Child °O° December 3-7 '09)

Think I might get a Southern California City Pass and visit Universal Studios during this DLR trip, too. Anyone have experience using this pass? Was it a good deal?

Bill,

I have used the City pass in the past, yes it is a very good deal. The only real problem is getting around, if folks have cars then no problem. And they would really need to spend one night down in San Diego, so they could do Sea World one day and the Zoo on another, you don't want to make that drive back and forth to LA more than you have to.

This adventure is starting to grow a little more! I have decided that I am going to do 2 parks in one day. And I do not mean at WDW... I mean WDW and then DL! How cool can that be?! It is do-able, as I have read of it being done. I will be talking to Jenroc later this weekend as we plan our attack. Any other East Coasters want to join in? Teresa?

You could certainly do that, but your going to spend quite a bit of money for a day at DL that your only going to get a small portion of time for.

I have used the City pass in the past, yes it is a very good deal. The only real problem is getting around, if folks have cars then no problem. And they would really need to spend one night down in San Diego, so they could do Sea World one day and the Zoo on another, you don't want to make that drive back and forth to LA more than you have to.
Does the pass allow you admission to the various parks or do you get separate admission tickets for each? TIA. I'm just planning on 1 day visiting Universal and the rest at DLR.

Does the pass allow you admission to the various parks or do you get separate admission tickets for each? TIA. I'm just planning on 1 day visiting Universal and the rest at DLR.

When you present it at the first park they give you like a coupon book, that is valad for the next 13 days, you have to present the coupon at each place to redeam it for the actual ticket.

1 day at Universal IMO is more than enough, I had never been before, but I definately managed to see everything there that I cared to see in one day.

I would actually like to go back, and this time focus a little more on photography.

One hint is we almost missed the ride that takes you back through the back lots, it's not reall obvious where to get on etc. That's a don't miss one though. The waterworld stunt show was also very cool.

We chose the zoo and I was very impressed with it, again, I wouldn't mind going again for the photos, I had 5 kids with us, and they weren't much interested in me taking pictures.

Sea World was also very cool, but again, you can easily do everything there in a single day.

I am sadly and tearfully posting to tell you, that Jennifer.... Jenroc passed away this morning from a heart attack. I will keep you posted as I can. Please keep her family in prayers!

This trip is still on. She would be heartbroken if it wasn't. She just said the other day, the more the merrier. I was waiting to tell her what the newest news was for what we were doing, as I had talked to someone about room info.

I am sadly and tearfully posting to tell you, that Jennifer.... Jenroc passed away this morning from a heart attack. I will keep you posted as I can. Please keep her family in prayers!
I am saddened to hear this tragic news. My condolences to all that knew Jenroc.

I got the DVC room confirmation for Jen and I in today's mail :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

I miss my friend a lot

I don't know Mel... that would be nice to do if they do. I am going to go down Sunday... I may go tomorrow if I can but not sure.

Jen had mentioned this trip to me b/c she knew how much I wanted to get back to DL...I told her I was too old for this young group, but she insisted that there is no such thing when it comes to Disney. Such a sweetie...so unbelievable to think she is gone...

My heartfelt prayer to her family and all of her dear friends - Sha...I am so sorry.
b125818d.gif

(p.s. What about a brick at DL? Not sure if those are still available, but think WDW opened it up, but closed again last year).

Jen had mentioned this trip to me b/c she knew how much I wanted to get back to DL...I told her I was too old for this young group, but she insisted that there is no such thing when it comes to Disney. Such a sweetie...so unbelievable to think she is gone...

My heartfelt prayer to her family and all of her dear friends - Sha...I am so sorry.
b125818d.gif

(p.s. What about a brick at DL? Not sure if those are still available, but think WDW opened it up, but closed again last year).

I will have to check at DL... Thank you Christine. That is a great alternate option.

This trip is open to anyone... and Jen was right, there is no such thing as too old.

I did verify that WDW is not doing this again now. I think they should as there are so many places they could do these paver bricks.

DL is still doing them. I have information coming to me. I will let you know when I get it.

I will have to check at DL... Thank you Christine. That is a great alternate option.

This trip is open to anyone... and Jen was right, there is no such thing as too old.

She was very special for sure. :hug: to you, Sha.

p.s. I'm sorry...didn't meant I wanted to tagalong, just sharing how sweet and thoughtful I found Jen. If there is anything I can do...:hug:

She was very special for sure. :hug: to you, Sha.

p.s. I'm sorry...didn't meant I wanted to tagalong, just sharing how sweet and thoughtful I found Jen. If there is anything I can do...:hug:

It's not a problem.. she told me that the more the merrier... so no worries... if you change your mind, come along! Jen would love that.

Sha, I can see why you were such good friends.:hug:

Thank you... that is a huge compliment that reflects Jen :goodvibes

Visitation has started... lit a candle for her since I can't be there. I am going to do the brick... just need to figure out one or two details.

Thank you... that is a huge compliment that reflects Jen :goodvibes

Visitation has started... lit a candle for her since I can't be there. I am going to do the brick... just need to figure out one or two details.

How wonderful you decided on a brick! I think it will be a wonderful tribute to Jen..and as a parent who had a child pass unexpectedly, I know it will be wonderful for her parents as well. :hug:

I have a candle lit as well...all we can do from a distance.

Every December there is a Worldwide Candle Lighting for all children, of any age, who have passed. This year it is December 13th - it is a wonderful way to honor a friend or family member who passed - we are all someone's child, so this makes it especially endearing. I have met parents who were 75 yrs old when their 50 yr old child passed and it is every bit as traumatic for them as it is for parents whose child dies as an infant or young child.

Here is the link:
http://www.compassionatefriends.org/News_Events/Worldwide_Candle_Lighting_.aspx
Worldwide Candle Lighting
Held annually the second Sunday in December, this year December 13, 2009, The Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting unites family and friends around the globe in lighting candles for one hour to honor and remember children who have died at any age from any cause. As candles are lit at 7 p.m. local time, creating a virtual wave of light, hundreds of thousands of persons commemorate and honor children in a way that transcends all ethnic, cultural, religious, and political boundaries.
Now believed to be the largest mass candle lighting on the globe, the Worldwide Candle Lighting, a gift to the bereavement community from The Compassionate Friends, creates a virtual 24-hour wave of light as it moves from time zone to time zone. Hundreds of formal candle lighting events are held and thousands of informal candle lightings are conducted in homes as families gather in quiet remembrance of children who have died, but will never be forgotten.
The Worldwide Candle Lighting started in the United States in 1997 as a small Internet observance but has since swelled in numbers as word has spread throughout the world of the remembrance.
In 2008, information was submitted to TCF's national website on services in 24 countries outside the United States. TCF was joined last year by chapters of several organizations including MISS, MADD, Parents of Murdered Children, and BPUSA and services were held in all 50 states plus Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico.
A Remembrance Book is available during the event at TCF's USA national website. In that short one day span, thousands of messages are received and posted each year from every U.S. state and Washington D.C., every territory, as well as dozens of other countries. Some are in foreign languages.
Here in the United States, publicity about the event is widespread, being featured over the years in Dear Abby, Parade Magazine, Ann Landers column, Guideposts magazine, Annie’s Mailbox, and literally hundreds of U.S. newspapers, dozens of television stations, and numerous websites and personal blogs. Information on the Worldwide Candle Lighting and planned memorial candle lighting services (of which we are advised) is posted on the TCF national website every year as the event nears.
Though National Children’s Memorial Day has faded into the past, the Worldwide Candle Lighting has carried the torch of remembering all children in a special way who have died.
If no Worldwide Candle Lighting service was held near you in 2008, please feel free to plan one open to the public this year. You are welcome to use TCF's “Suggestions to Help Plan a Memorial Service in Conjunction with The Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting©" to help in planning the service. All allied bereavement organizations, churches, funeral homes, hospices and formal and informal bereavement groups are invited to join in the remembrance. Don't forget to return to this site later this year before the Worldwide Candle Lighting and submit the event information form so TCF can list your service with the many hundreds held in the United States and around the world. The Worldwide Candle Lighting gives bereaved families everywhere the opportunity to remember their child . . . that their light may always shine!
View newspaper stories and television videos now available online about the 2008 Worldwide Candle Lighting.

Sent a pm, Sha.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for Jen and her family... I still have not heard from her mom. She now also is going to have to get the children ready for school which is about to start up in Canada. As soon as I do I will let you know about mailing anything to them. She has sent messages back, just not ready to answer about mailing etc.

Here is some info though that people can do if they would like: "Thanks for your email and your offer, we would be happy to take a donation in Jen's name and make sure it goes to something that she and the kids were passionate about, elephants, dolphins, etc.

We take checks by mail:
Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830.

We can send a letter to whoever to let them know of your gift, Barbara, the kids, just let us know."

If you chose to do that, then include a letter/note that this is in memory of Jennifer Rawlings.

I am also going to do a brick at Disneyland. The infomation hasn't gotten in yet. I am probably going to do a followup call. If anyone wants to participate in that, you are welcome to. It will depend on how many others want to chip into that.

I am going to still do the trip... but more importantly, I am still planning to do the 2 Kingdoms in a day, that Jen and I had planned. Her son has shown interest in going and doing this in her memory. That is something to talk with Barbara about... to see what can be done.

I just want to thank Minnie&Nana, PirateMel, Bill Brown, DisneydadNY, cdn_ears, boundforddisney, CaptJackSparrowsGirl, MaHorn, Connorsmom911, Rebecca06261, JDUCKY, mommyoftwinfants, dizmom0923, jadedbeauty14304, dismem98, pdchris, momlady, disneyfanx3, carrieannew, comickey, AuntieL, ttester9612, ahoff, GIR_Prototype, nurse.darcy, tawasdave, buena vista, moremickeyforme, cinrell, valree, katydidbug1, black562, can84, libertybell7, and DFD.

Thanks for the update, Sha. It would be wonderful if her son could go with you ~ what a lovely way to honor his mom.

Keep us posted? And you take care. :hug:

I got information on the bricks at DL... less expensive than those at WDW. They are $150 each. There is an option for replicas to have as a keepsake.

PM me if you are going to do this and please understand, I will not spot anyone money on this. If you say you are going to do this, then I would appreciate your commitment, as others have said they would send money for something and never did. If you can't afford it, it is okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter