We're staying at SSR...I have questions!

disneyagain

DIS Veteran
My sister and I are taking our daughters age 12 and 14 for a 4 night stay at SSR in August. We're very excited, I've toured SSR (DVC tour) once but really didn't see much of the resort, only the DVC tour area.

I know that you can request sections (request not a guarantee), but it doesn't hurt to request right???

What area should we request?

Here's the info to help me make my request:

We'll be heading to the parks for opening everyday and back to the resort after lunch, then back to the parks for dinner and evening fun.

We'll be spending every afternoon at the pool.

We'll have a car, prefer WDW transportation, but will drive to the parks, if it cuts into our "fun time".

We'll have refillable mugs for poolside, can we refill at any pool? Are there just 2 pools (Springs, Grandstand)?

TIA!

I guess for you I would go the Grandstand because they are the first picked up and dropped off. Although the Springs wouldn't be bad because you are the last picked up (so you don't have to wait while the bus goes around to all the stops) and last dropped off, near the main pool and such.

Not that you can't get off at the Springs if you are in the Grandstand, refill your mugs and walk over to the Grandstand.

Helpful huh?? ;)

You can refill your mugs at the main pool and the grandstand pool, oh and the artisit palette/store. The quiet pools at CP and the paddocks don't have refill stations. Have a great trip.

I would think the Grandstand since it doesn't sound like you will be at Downtown Disney much. We LOVED the first bus stop on and first off. Several times the people from the Springs didn't get on at all or had to stand and busses are quite crowded by the time they make the loop on the EMH days. The only park that seemed to take a long time on the bus was Animal Kingdom. You may want to drive to AK. The rest of the parks seemed the normal travel time.

You also have a pool in your area and are not far from the main pool. Plus the refill station is there as well.

The Grandstand was our first stay at SSR and couldn't have been better. It made us SO happy to call SSR "home." :love:

Enjoy!!

There are four pools; High Rock Springs (the main pool), Grandstand, Congress Park, and Paddocks.

I agree that the Grandstand section would be a good choice for you. It is the newest section and has a nice pool area. I personally like Congress Park, but that's because we like the quiet pool there and the close proximity to Downtown Disney. The Springs section is good, too (closest to Community Hall, High Rock pool, and the spa.

My advice is to request the section you want, but don't get too upset if your request can't be met. You're there to relax and exjoy yourselves, and you're still at a wonderful resort at Disney!

Have a great trip.

Thanks for all your replys, I was leaning towards Grandstand, because of the refill station and bus stops. I was also thinking that pool would be middle of the road for not too crowded, but not too quiet either. How busy are the pools at SSR? I'm so looking forward to just plopping myself on a chair and hopping in the water once in a while to cool off. I'm thinking with 2 "teen" girls they'll want some activity by the pool, nothing too quiet, but for sis and I, our goal is 4 lounge chairs and total relaxation.

We probably will drive to AK the morning we're scheduled there, we're thinking we might hit Typhoon Lagoon that afternoon instead of the hotel pool and back to the resort for our ADR at 6:30 and then maybe over to Epcot for Illuminations....That will be a busy day!

3 weeks.....:cloud9:

We were there this past April for Spring Break/Easter, which is more than likely the busiest time of the year with the probable exception of Christmas.

My wife did have to get to the High Rock Spring pool around 10:30 am to secure a couple chaise lounges, and the pool was rather full by noontime, but I never thought that it was ever overly packed. As far as the quiet pools, they were for the most part very quiet, indeed. We never had a problem getting chairs there at any time of the day, and remember that we are talking about Spring Break and also beautiful pool weather.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting some peace and quiet at the smaller pools, and the main pool should be active enough for the girls.

Yes, the main pool is busy most of the time and somewhat difficult to get a chair during peak hours, but you should be getting to WDW when things are starting to wind down for the summer. Maybe it will not be too bad. We always got chairs though, maybe just not in the shade like I had hoped ;)

As the last post said, the quiet pools are usually low key and easy to snag a chair. Now, I am not sure about the Grandstand pool though. It seemed relatively slower paced when we were there, but my teens and 4 yr. old wanted to try the main pool since it was our first visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter