We're Baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies & Trivia Thread chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lobby is set up in little "pods" areas that you can sit and socialize.
DSCF1603-2.jpg

DSCF1652-1.jpg

DSCF1650.jpg

DSCF1649.jpg

DSCF1571-1.jpg

DSCF1603-1.jpg

DSCF1563-1.jpg

Most of these were taken from the 4th floor (which is actually the next floor up from the entrance)

Thank you Eliza for agreeing to start the next thread & for the beautiful pics of AKV. It is my "1st" home after all. Although I have yet to stay there! We do have a night there booked for Dec. & as much as I'd like to stay at our Lodge for the entire length of the trip I have to admit if the waitlist doesn't come through I don't think I'll be horribly disappointed. We've booked at Jambo though. I couldn't get a 1 BR Savanna view at Kidani. We love Jambo though so it's not a big deal. Closer to the restaurants & the bar! ;)

I think I'll have some good news to share with my groupies tomorrow! Stay tuned!

Hi Groupies :wave2:
I've been pretty busy lately as we prepare for DD's wedding. My desktop countdown now has her wedding day as the countdown - not our next trip to the World.

I have tried to keep up with the happenings here as I skim through the pages.

First:
:welcome: to our new Groupies!

For those of you facing uncertainties in your lives, know that thoughts and prayers are with you.

BWV good luck with your re-sale. Hope you have a buyer soon and VWL points in your account lickety split!

It's hard to believe that we'll be needing a new thread soon. :thanks: Eliza and Muushka for the work you have done on behalf of all of us.

We have had some pretty warm weather here is Ohio and the humidity to go right along with it. If I didn't know better, I'd think I were in Florida!

Have a good week Groupies! :flower3:

horselover waiting anxiously to here your news....

Hi Groupies :wave2:
I've been pretty busy lately as we prepare for DD's wedding. My desktop countdown now has her wedding day as the countdown - not our next trip to the World.....

Don't let her kid you . . . .The count down to The World is still running in her head!

Mine, too! :hug:

I love husband-wife tag teams! :goodvibes I wish Mr Muush would post.:rolleyes1

Eliza, what section did you stay in? We are scheduled to be in the original section (what ever it is called!) in Dec. OK, I went back and read, you stayed in the new part...it takes me a while, just on my first cup-o-Joe.:surfweb:

Have a great week everyone!:)

PS Where is Maria?????

Hey Muuskha - Do I remember right that you have a Zune? I was thinking that I would like to put some of the music and sounds that you hear at the park on mine to listen to on the plane on the way down? Any idea if that can be done and if so how?

Yup, you remember right (ah, reminding me of the VWL Jacuzzi drowning!).:scared1:

We just got a Creative Labs Vado HD recorder thingy. I am pretty sure that the files from this can get on the Zune, I am just not sure yet exactly what type of video file will go over easily. If you are not in a hurry, we will be doing this later on in the week. PM me if I forget to PM you with the boring details.:surfweb: We will try both sound and video and file type and let you know.:thumbsup2

I was hopeful I'd be able to share I had accepted a new job today, but it didn't work out. I had applied at our local Target for a sales floor position & had a successful interview on Sat. They brought me back this morning to present me with the offer. Needless to say it was waaay less than I was expecting. I don't know why I should have been surprised but I was. It was minimum wage + $.25. I know this is probably going to sound terrible & absolutely no offense to anyone that works retail, but I'm just not going to accept a job that pays minimum wage when I know I have excellent, marketable skills suitable for many different fields. They should be paying all their employees more than that. :mad: Shame on you Target! Plus they couldn't guarantee that I'd have the hours I wanted either. So it's back to the hunt for me. On the bright side all the recruiters & the company DH still sort of works for are saying that Aug. is always slow, but they expect to have much more going on come Sept. I hope they're right.

Dory & Maria we miss you & hope you're doing ok!

I was hopeful I'd be able to share I had accepted a new job today, but it didn't work out. I had applied at our local Target for a sales floor position & had a successful interview on Sat. They brought me back this morning to present me with the offer. Needless to say it was waaay less than I was expecting. I don't know why I should have been surprised but I was. It was minimum wage + $.25. I know this is probably going to sound terrible & absolutely no offense to anyone that works retail, but I'm just not going to accept a job that pays minimum wage when I know I have excellent, marketable skills suitable for many different fields. They should be paying all their employees more than that. :mad:

Dory & Maria we miss you & hope you're doing ok!

No flames from me horselover. I worked both Target and Walmart part time while Sid and Rizzo were babies and always during the holiday season. Retail jobs are demanding both physically and mentally. Walmart was notoriously stingy with the pay and has had many class action suits against them for bad employee practices (specifically not paying over time).

I think that is why I have a soft spot for the cm's. I think I posted about my guest from $%ell, Maybe 3 years ago I checked into the lodge and a women was tearing into the reservation agent because of her room view. The poor cm was trying to tell her that she had reserved a standard view and there were no upgrades available. She ended saying some thing to the effect "your mexican what do you people know about first class any way. :scared1:) by the time the women finish, the poor cm was almost in tears. I mean she literally had to excuse herself. Thankfully every one else at the desk was super nice to her when she came back and we made it a point to tell the manager on duty how professional she had conducted herself.

Personally, I would have leapt over the counter and flattened her sorry @#@ and enjoyed doing it. I kept thinking "no way do they pay you enough".

Hang in there. I'm a firm believer in the "when one door closes, a window opens up" philosophy.

Thanks Eliza for the encouragement! Wow that story just makes my blood boil. I'm always amazed at what people think is acceptable behavior towards others, especially those in the service industry. Rudeness & just a general lack of respect. I'm of the school "treat others as you want to be treated" and I hope I'm teaching my kids the same thing.

That window you mentioned just may have opened. I just received a call from our town police dept. Not in a bad way either! I applied for school crossing guard position & the Chief wants to interview me on Thu. Fingers crossed! The hours are perfect, I'd have all the same days off as the boys, & the pay is much better than Target was offering. The only downside is working in the elements, but I can deal with that. Moose dust to myself! :wizard:

Thanks Eliza for the encouragement! Wow that story just makes my blood boil. I'm always amazed at what people think is acceptable behavior towards others, especially those in the service industry. Rudeness & just a general lack of respect. I'm of the school "treat others as you want to be treated" and I hope I'm teaching my kids the same thing.

That window you mentioned just may have opened. I just received a call from our town police dept. Not in a bad way either! I applied for school crossing guard position & the Chief wants to interview me on Thu. Fingers crossed! The hours are perfect, I'd have all the same days off as the boys, & the pay is much better than Target was offering. The only downside is working in the elements, but I can deal with that. Moose dust to myself! :wizard:

I feel your pain, HL. And Moose Dust too! Let us know how that works out.:goodvibes

Yup, you remember right (ah, reminding me of the VWL Jacuzzi drowning!).:scared1:

We just got a Creative Labs Vado HD recorder thingy. I am pretty sure that the files from this can get on the Zune, I am just not sure yet exactly what type of video file will go over easily. If you are not in a hurry, we will be doing this later on in the week. PM me if I forget to PM you with the boring details.:surfweb: We will try both sound and video and file type and let you know.:thumbsup2
Thanks Muushka. I have 17 days yet so not too much of a hurry!

Horselover - Sorry about Target not working out but I hope the crossing guard position works out for you!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Sounds great Horselover! Good luck and pixiedust:

. . . . The poor cm was trying to tell her that she had reserved a standard view and there were no upgrades available. She ended saying some thing to the effect "your mexican what do you people know about first class any way. :scared1:) by the time the women finish, the poor cm was almost in tears. .

First Class is more than a great view. . . . I am embarrassed just to read about the incident!

That window you mentioned just may have opened. I just received a call from our town police dept.... :wizard:

Oh -- much :wizard:to you -- hope the job works out - and pays more than minimum wage! I do feel your pain on that front! One of our Congressmen organized a job fair that was held yesterday -- 3500 people showed up! It was only supposed to go from 9-1 -but there were so many people waiting to get in at 1 pm, they extended it for 2 hours. Apparently, the traffic jam around the High School where it was being held was unbelievable.

Eliza- great pics from AKV! We love going over to visit, but have just never been able to stay anywhere but VWL, although I would say that your pics make it tempting to try a stay there.;) Have you taken Sid to school yet (why do I think I remember reading that you were dropping him off on your way back from WDW?).

Happy Hump day (Wednesday) Groupies.

So where would you be if you were looking at the below pictures. Place & park please.

Picture104.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Picture099.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Great day every body

Happy Hump day (Wednesday) Groupies.

So where would you be if you were looking at the below pictures. Place & park please.

Picture099.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Great day every body

Streets of NY - Hollywood Studios
Soarin - Epcot

Can't figure out the other two! Cool trivia quiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter