We're Baaaaack!! **The WLV's groupies & Trivia Thread chapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eliza...that first picture is pretty wild. At first I thought Pirates of the Caribbean but I'll guess Haunted Mansion in MK.

The second picture looks like something from Body Wars but that's been shut down for quite a while.

I'll second Dinks on the other two. :thumbsup2

And my DW is taking this quasi-empty nesters status (both kids soon at college) very seriously. Today I booked a stay for us at the DVC Hilton Head Resort for November 1 - 7. I couldn't get the 1BR I wanted so I booked a 2BR that was available. My gosh, it's nice to start travelling in the off season. 6 nights in a 2BR for only 147 points? The 1BR would have been 118 points so it's a pretty cheap upgrade.

And I guess it's nice to know that if we end up fighting we will have the option of separate bedrooms on this trip. :rolleyes:

Now I've got to go dig up some information about HHI! :)

I concur with Granny Haunted Mansion and the second looks like Cranium Command the attraction with Buzzy....the teenaged boy from the Wonders of Life Pavillion I loved it!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I just looked at the photos again, and now I think the second photo may be at Toy Story Mania? Like the game Operation????

Granny~I feel your DW's pain. Although our older son is back home for now (he graduated from college in May). Our 'baby' leaves soon after our trip. I am going to be one. sad. mama. :sad1:I have been avoiding thinking about it as much as possible.....a trip to WDW right before HELPS!!!!!! ;)

OK, :offtopic: I know, but, my son and his friends would like to go to Universal (shudder) one day next week. I know about the AAA discount, but here in MA the only discounted ticket they offer is a 2 day pass. Does anyone know if there are discounted passes available anywhere? Also, does anyone have experience with transportation from a WDW resort to Universal? I think I am just going to call Mears. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

OK, :offtopic: I know, but, my son and his friends would like to go to Universal (shudder) one day next week. I know about the AAA discount, but here in MA the only discounted ticket they offer is a 2 day pass. Does anyone know if there are discounted passes available anywhere? Also, does anyone have experience with transportation from a WDW resort to Universal? I think I am just going to call Mears. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I don't have any experience with the dark side, but I just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip! You're escaping the heat & humidity to get more heat & humidity! :laughing: But at least you'll be at Disney so it's worth it! :goodvibes

I know that undercovertourist sells "those" tickets. :lmao: Also, check out the Universal website. They have some sort of discount if you buy ahead of time and I think you can print out your ticket or pick it up as will call. That's about all I'm aware of.

Thought I'd share this picture from yesterday. Taken in MN in the middle of some very stormy weather when the sun came out for a few minutes:

p535306919-4.jpg

Would that be 4 pots of gold?!?!?

Eliza...that first picture is pretty wild. At first I thought Pirates of the Caribbean but I'll guess Haunted Mansion in MK.

And I guess it's nice to know that if we end up fighting we will have the option of separate bedrooms on this trip. :rolleyes:

Oooh so close!! Ok here are the last two.

Both are from HS rides.
Number 3 is the organ from Pirates of the Caribbean. This is what Davy Jones (or squid face) played. It is located at the exit of studio backlot tour. You pass through lots of villian memoriablia.

number 4 is the heart from Doctor Malpractice's advertisement in Toy stoy mania.

Happy dinks, thanks for thinking of Rizzo, yep he is now an official ward of the great state of West Virginia.

To all my "empty nesters". I gladly offer the services of Sid the squid, whenever the house gets to quite and you start feeling like you want more kids in your life.... let me know. standard disclaimer: All visit from FBI agents, Local aquariums with shipment of Brazilian piranahs or postal fraud agents are solely the responsiblity of host.

Happy dinks, thanks for thinking of Rizzo, yep he is now an official ward of the great state of West Virginia.

To all my "empty nesters". I gladly offer the services of Sid the squid, whenever the house gets to quite and you start feeling like you want more kids in your life.... let me know. standard disclaimer: All visit from FBI agents, Local aquariums with shipment of Brazilian piranahs or postal fraud agents are solely the responsiblity of host.

Oops -- sorry-- sent the wrong one off to school!:eek: Well, after seeing DS and former boss send their eldest off to school for the first time -- hope you and "the big guy" are doing okay! I'll bet Sid is loving being the center of your world now;)!

Our trip began Friday at 5:00am leaving South Jersey and driving South to Savannah, GA for the night. We arrived in Orlando at around 12:30 and after a quick trip to Winn Dixie and the ABC we arrived at the lodge around 1:45!!

We arrived on Saturday and checked in at the Lodge at 1:45. Our room was not ready. We decided to take the boat to the CR and ride the monorail for a bit. After the beginning of the second MK loop, we received a text that our room was ready. It was 2:45pm. We got a first floor studio, pool side. Great location. It was very clean and we were happy.

After we waited over an hour for our luggage to arrive from Bell Services, we headed straight to the MK. Family tradition dictates that we ride the train all away around the park upon arrival. We were lucky enough to take our first ride on the Walter Elias Disney. The park was extremely crowded. We had dinner at Tony’s and it was excellent. After dinner, we were able to get some attractions in and got lucky enough to stumble upon a great spot to view Spectro-Magic!

On Sunday, we did rope drop at MK. Got into the park right away and headed straight to Fantasyland where we rode Peter Pan, Dumbo, Snow White, and Pooh. Also got in the Speedway and the tea cups before it was time to head over to Bippity Boppity Boutique for the girls surprise! Two princesses they are! Lunch in the castle was at high noon- excellent as always. Can’t seem to try anything else besides Major Domo’s pie. After a few more attractions, we headed back to the lodge for a nap and rest.

Back in MK later that evening for more attractions and the Wishes Dessert Party. It was a lot of fun. The desserts were great and the viewing location excellent. We all ate too much! The party was not crowded at all. Well worth it!! We headed back to the lodge right after the party.

The crowds in the kingdom this past weekend were heavy. Without a good fast pass plan or arriving at rope drop, it was tough to do the popular attractions with waits less than 45 minutes to over an hour. That being said, we were able to walk right onto attractions like Small World, Tiki Room, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates with little wait. But, then again, in our experience that happens often with them.

The only bummer comes with our favorite, WEDWay People Mover (as I still call it), being rehabbed along with Space Mountain. We could ride WEDWay a hundred times and still love being zipped around Tomorrowland! Oh well!!
Monday---Animal Kingdom....TBC...

Sorry about the delay...We are back home and just now catching up....Great trip and pictures will be soon......Here's part #2...

Monday 8/10. We had breakfast ADR at the Tusker house so we had to catch a bus from the lodge by 700am. We were lucky and only waited 5 minutes for an AK bus to pick us up. We arrived at the AK and only waited 10 minutes for them to let us into the park to get to Tusker House. We checked right in and got seated before our actual ADR time. The breakfast was excellent- the best one of the week. This was our first time and it is now on the short list of must eat at places. We finished and were out in the park at exactly 9am. Rode Kali River, Kilimanjaro, and caught a bunch of characters shortly thereafter. Highlights of the day were the Finding Nemo Show and Festival of the Lion King, which we did for the first time. Great show!! As usual, very hot in the AK and extremely crowded. We were back swimming in the lodge pool by early evening. Had a nice dinner at the Roaring Fork.
Tuesday 8/11
Off to Typhoon Lagoon for rope drop. We got our favorite spot and glad we did this because by 11am it was more crowded than we have ever seen it. We were able to do all the slides multiple times, family raft, lazy river and shark reef with no wait times. The girls were able to play in the wave pool and do their mini slides, too! We had lunch around noon and headed back to the lodge to play in our pool for a bit before we headed to 1900 Park Fare for dinner. Dinner was good. The girls love seeing Cinderalla, Prince Charming, and the step sisters so it is worth it for us. We then headed back into the MK for some evening fun. The crowds were less than the weekend so we were able to get in a good amount of attractions before calling it a night.

Corrine and Mickeymorse - Hope you both have a great trip!!!!!!

Kathy - love the picture of the double rainbow!

2 weeks from today I will be at Epcot!!!!!! :banana::banana:I think I have bought just about all the supplies I need except for airplane snacks. Wish we would hear from Dody. She is supposed to leave the day before me.

Oooh so close!! Ok here are the last two.

number 4 is the heart from Doctor Malpractice's advertisement in Toy stoy mania.

So Eliza is not will going to give me credit for my Toy Story Mania guess??? I did edit my post long before you revealed the answer.:confused3

I don't have any experience with the dark side, but I just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip! You're escaping the heat & humidity to get more heat & humidity! :laughing: But at least you'll be at Disney so it's worth it! :goodvibes

:rotfl2: THE DARK SIDE! I AGREE!!!!! I have done all I can to guilt them into not going! ;) And, yes, a hot, humid day in WDW beats the same here in MA! :)

I know that undercovertourist sells "those" tickets. :lmao: Also, check out the Universal website. They have some sort of discount if you buy ahead of time and I think you can print out your ticket or pick it up as will call. That's about all I'm aware of.

Thought I'd share this picture from yesterday. Taken in MN in the middle of some very stormy weather when the sun came out for a few minutes:

p535306919-4.jpg

Thank you for the tips, Kat, and FAB photo!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Corrine and Mickeymorse - Hope you both have a great trip!!!!!!

Kathy - love the picture of the double rainbow!

2 weeks from today I will be at Epcot!!!!!! :banana::banana:I think I have bought just about all the supplies I need except for airplane snacks. Wish we would hear from Dody. She is supposed to leave the day before me.

Thank you DLI! Sorry we are going to miss each other at the world!!!!!!!!!

So Eliza is not will going to give me credit for my Toy Story Mania guess??? I did edit my post long before you revealed the answer.:confused3

Ouch Corrine,
My "oldtimers disease" is showing!! and you were first out of the gate. :goodvibes

10 lashes with the wet pixie dust wand for me and an extra virtual mickey bar for you!! :rotfl:

Here's part #3!!

Sorry about the delay...We are back home and just now catching up....Great trip and pictures will be soon......Here's part #2 ...

The crowds were less than the weekend so we were able to get in a good amount of attractions before calling it a night.

Wednesday 8/12
Off to Hollywood Studios for rope drop. The morning show was funny. We were pretty close to the front. I (DH) did the “run” to get fastpasses for Toy Story. Mission Success! We rode it right away and by the time we came back with our fastpasses the wait was 60 minutes. We had a nice day in HS. It was hot and crowded, but we still had lots of fun. We did great move ride, Playhouse Disney show, Muppets movie (our favorite), and RockNRoller coaster 2x! No Tower of Terror this time. Lunch was at Hollywood and Vine for the PlayNDine. Excellent buffett lunch and one of the best character and activity meals for kids. We love it and it is on the short list (at least until the girls get older!). Of course, too much time was spent in the Art of Disney debating the purchase of more disney art!! After a nice day we headed back to the lodge and a quick dip in the quiet pool before bed.

Thursday 8/13
Off to Epcot and rope drop there! We were running a little behind since we decided to take a boat to the CR and hop on the monorail from there. We much prefer taking boats over buses!! We arrived right at 9am and got stuck in the bag check line. I don’t understand why they have so few guard checking bags at Epcot versus the MK where they have a ton. There is always a line at Epcot and very rarely at the MK. Oh well. Once in, we boogied to Soarin’ with the rest of the population and fastpasses/rode it. The line was about 20 minutes long at 9:15am. We came out it was 60 minutes. The rest of the day went great and we were able to see and do everything we wanted. The highlight was dinner at Le Cellier!!!!!!! Awesome!! It was our first time and it lived up to its reputation. The Cheese soup was great and all of our steaks were excellent. Our server was personable. We had a great time and are already looking forward to our next dinner. DW and I were also looking forward to tonight because it was our night out without the girls. They slept over with DW’s parents who were staying at SSR. After Spaceship Earth and a browse through Art of Disney, we headed back to the lodge to change.

Thursday 8/13 Late Night
Off to Pleasure Island and Paradiso 27 and Raglan Road for drinks. Paradiso was nice. We got a table on the water and enjoyed a good drink while seeing Wishes in the distance. We then headed over to Raglan and had some more drinks while enjoying some live Irish music. We enjoyed Raglan more, but that’s probably because it appeals to us better than Paradiso does. After a Guinness and a Jameson gold we headed back to the lodge.

Friday 8/14....TBC

Friday morning found DW and I on the boat heading to the CR for breakfast at Chef Mickey’s. We arrived early and decided to stroll over to BLT to check it out. Of course, we immediantly felt like we didn’t add on enough points. BLT is a beautiful resort and we are looking forward to our first stay there. Anyway, CM is a favorite of ours. We always enjoy dining with Mickey and friends. The breakfast itself is good, although we enjoyed Tusker House more. We got a table in the back and had a great time. After breakfast, we headed over to DTD to do some shopping. Later on that evening, we headed back into the MK to ride Goofy’s Barnstormer and some more of our favorite attractions. The crowds were not as heavy as we anticipated so we ended up staying a little longer and having a lot of fun.

Thank you Gowahoowa for including all of us in your fun! We love Typhoon Lagoon.
Hmmmm, I think we may have to visit there next time!

The second picture looks like something from Body Wars but that's been shut down for quite a while.

And my DW is taking this quasi-empty nesters status (both kids soon at college) very seriously. Today I booked a stay for us at the DVC Hilton Head Resort for November 1 - 7. I couldn't get the 1BR I wanted so I booked a 2BR that was available. My gosh, it's nice to start travelling in the off season. 6 nights in a 2BR for only 147 points? The 1BR would have been 118 points so it's a pretty cheap upgrade.

I put you on the list (hope that is what you wanted!). Have fun investigating HHI :goodvibes

If you know anyone with an annual pass, they can get you a discount for tickets (at least that is what it was a little bit ago). I wish we could help. When is he going? We have APs and a car!

p535306919-4.jpg

That is one great picture.:thumbsup2

Here's part #4 of our VWL trip!

Here's part #3!!
The crowds were not as heavy as we anticipated so we ended up staying a little longer and having a lot of fun.

Saturday 8/15

Our second MK rope drop of the trip! We love the show and it’s so cool to see Mickey and friends open up the park for us. But what made it special for us is that we were lucky enough to be able to wake Tinkerbell up from her slumber!! The girls ( and us, too) were super excited and it made our trip! After leaving Tink’s Treasures, it seemed like we had MK to ourselves. We rode Peter Pan, Big Thunder Mountain twice (plus a fastpass), Splash Mountain, and a few more of our favorites before it started getting crowded at 1130. We did lunch at Pinnochio’s and snagged our favorite table overlooking small world so the girls can wave to the people starting their cruise. What a great morning and one of the best in MK. We headed back to our lodge and rented some water sprites to zip around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. Love them! We were out about 50 minutes and then returned them just before a thunderstorm threatened us. We then rested and prepare to head back to the MK for dinner at the Crystal Palace. Dinner was excellent. While we waited about 15 minutes in line to check in and another 10 minutes for a table, it was worth it. The girls love seeing Winnie the Pooh and friends and parading around the room! The food was very good. After dinner, we used our fastpasses that we got earlier in the day to ride Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad. The longest line we stood in that evening was for Astro Orbiters. It was 45 minutes!! The CM in charge of queing up riders for the elevetor seemed to be engaging in favoritism since he was letting in quite a few people on the side. Once he was switched out the lined moved a lot faster. Maybe I should’ve said something....We fastpassed Buzz and did Laugh Floor and Tomorrowland Speedway. Overall, another excellent night in the MK!

Sunday 8/16 Last Day in the World

Our last early morning was spent packing up the room and the car. We had an ADR at Ohana’ for breakfast so it was an early start. We ended up taking a boat to CR and the monorail to the Poly. We have always loved the Ohana breakfast and it has been a tradition on the last day, but this time we were a little less than impressed. Not sure what it was but we are now thinking we might skip it next time around. Seeing the characters was great as it always is, but out of all the restaurants we dined at this trip, this was at the bottom. Not bad- just average. We remember it being better. After breakfast, we headed back to the lodge for a final time. We always enjoy walking through the lobby and Mercantile and enjoying all ambiance the Lodge offers, especially when you know that it’s the last time for a while. We then drove to DTD for some last minute shopping. We also enjoyed one of the best counter services in all of Disney World- Wolfgang Puck Express and then it was off to Vero Beach for 3 nights to rest and relax pool and ocean side!!

Version 3.0 (I think this will be our 3rd thread, or is it 4?) Starts tomorrow morning.

Great way to start a Monday!!

Version 3.0 (I think this will be our 3rd thread, or is it 4?) Starts tomorrow morning.

Great way to start a Monday!!

It's version 4.0 ;)

We are a chatty bunch of moose-lovin' Groupies!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter