Welcome To The Photography Board!!!!!

hey guys,

i wanted to post a picture in the world showcase contest BUT it won't allow me to attach anything, i was wondering how to take part in the contest...

thanks for your help!

Just saying hello! I was invited here after posting my vacation photos on another forum. I'm Sonya and currently live in CA. We're moving to Kansas this summer, so we took our last chance to see Disneyland last week.

Here's my contribution for the day.

IMG2896_896_495Everest-1.jpg

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself (and get my post count to 10 so I can show you some of my first photos). I bought a Canon Powershot S5 about two weeks ago and have been busy reading the manuals and the Shortcourses eBook. We are going to WDW for the first time this June, and are expecting a third child in August, so I thought it was a good time to start learning about photography. My ultimate goal is a dSLR but now is the not the time. My last camera was an Olympus FE-180. It was OK, but I recently started having problems with a lot of blur.

Anyway, thanks for having me!

OK, here is a shot I took during movie mode. It came out much better than other shots of the same person in the same location -- I posted on the Canon S3/S5 thread to see if anyone knows what setting the camera uses during movie mode...

IMG_0121.jpg

This one was taken in portrait mode:

IMG_0141.jpg

This one (of a weed in my backyard!) was taken with the macro setting. I'm still trying to figure out when you would need super macro.

IMG_0044.jpg

I hope to move into Tv and Av-priority mode soon...thanks for looking (and for offering any advice on how to improve!)

Hi Everyone, wonderful to have a place to combine photography and disney, 2 of my favorite things! I have a Canon EOS 30D right now. I am a real estate photographer, taking photos of properties and creating virtual tours. Can't wait to see some great photos of Disney and enter some of the contests too! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

I have been coming to DIS for a few months now and just found this thread. I have become more interested in photography these last 2 years since my grandbaby was born. I just bought a nikon d70. Still learning how to use it but have had a blast with it. I am hoping I can learn something from this site to help me get better pictures. :thumbsup2

I had no idea this existed til I came across it by accident! Looking forward to viewing all your beautiful photos and sharing some of mine :lovestruc

i guess this is where i should introduce myself?

my name is joana, i am from west michigan and i love photography...and disney world. they are my two favorite things in this world. (my poor husband, he married someone with two potentially EXPENSIVE passions.) i am a full time office assistant at my family's business and i am starting up my own photography studio. joanakaylene dot com. (i can't post the real link yet because of my low post count.)

i shoot weddings and portraits right now with a 5D. although, today they announced the 5D mark ii and that looks pretty darn amazing!

im going to disney world in october for the 9th time, it will be my husbands first trip. so i plan on photographing EVERYTHING.

so, that's me in a nutshell!! just thought i'd pop in and say hi!!

Im new to the board and I have been reading alot of the post on here,but Im confused with some of the advice.
I have a Fuji S700 camera and Im looking to take photos at night and of the fireworks. Some people say to use a high Iso and some say go low on the ISO.
Which one is the best? Im going in Feb. and Im trying to use this new camera so that I get good pics.

Please help!!!

hi! i am the ek half of jk and ek.

i'm a photographer that is actually currently in school at parsons and majoring in photo. i shoot mostly in an editorial style, but i do like to experiment with different types of cameras like holgas, lomos, etc.

1563728993_cb5e6c2b1f.jpg

me and my "assistant" oliver! :rotfl:

hi! i am the ek half of jk and ek.

i'm a photographer that is actually currently in school at parsons and majoring in photo. i shoot mostly in an editorial style, but i do like to experiment with different types of cameras like holgas, lomos, etc.

me and my "assistant" oliver! :rotfl:

Welcome........Can't wait to see your shots! :thumbsup2

I guess I might as well as sign this thread as well. It's been nearly 20 years since my last visit to Disney World, and I plan on taking more pictures than I know what to do with when I return this summer.

Thank you to all of those that have posted suggestions on camera settings for the fireworks and electric parade. I usually take my photos on automatic (my camera does an excellent job at figuring things out), but I have made note to make sure it will have certain manual settings for these events.

PS Wish me luck, there is an outside chance I can see a shuttle launch on the trip (the day we check in). I want to get the best view of the launch pad I can.

I stumbled upon this board while searching for photography stuff the other day. How convenient that two of my interests are wrapped into one right here: photography and Disney World!

I finally took the plunge and bought my first DSLR the other day - a Canon XSi with the kit 18-55 lens. I have a little film SLR experience; my dad has an old Nikkormat FTn (he had it imported from Japan) that I've taken pictures on. Other than that, I've been using the same camera for the past 4 or so years: an Olympus super-zoom P&S (model # escapes me right now).

Our next trip is in September so I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time between now and then to get comfortable with the XSi . I think my next lens is going to be the 50mm (f/1.8 or 1.4, can't decide if the extra money is worth the extra stop) because I'm fairly comfortable with it on my dad's camera.

:wave2: Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for a while now and figured I should finally get around to posting something! I'm just in awe of everything posted here and can't wait to post some things of my own.

I received a Nikon D40 with the 18-55mm kit lens for Christmas and am in love with it! :love: I'm very new to DSLR photography but have learned so many tips and tricks on this board so thank you!

I've also been lurking. I think I am addicted to this site now!!!!!

Thanks for all the great pics and great advice. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter