Webpage Down Again?

I wanted and got a one bedroom at VWL ( BRV) but I did note that a studio there for Dec 1 was not available. Gosh.

Website is up but I am having problems with it. Seven month window for me. I have three contracts (SSR - 150, VWL - 75 and BCV- 75). I'm trying to book first 8 days (8-1to 8-9-2021) at BCV using 291 banked points from last year. The system will let me prioritize the contracts by the previous listed order but then tries to book with banked, current and 50% borrowed points from SSR. I cannot get it use banked points from VWL or BCV before current year points.

When I try calling the direct number, I get user busy message or I get a the number can not be reached as dialed please try again with toll free number.

Anyone have luck calling in today (Saturday 1-2)?

Last edited:
I guess then for someone like me with a December use year, I should accept that I will forever have issues trying to book a stay starting December 1 at my 11 month window since that will be always be on January 1. Kind of a drag.
What happened yesterday was not typical of Jan. 1 on the DVC website. It can (and does) happen on random mornings throughout the year and no matter what, someone always ends up missing out on booking that hard to get reservation as a result. So I don’t think those of us with Dec UYs have too much to worry about. When you think about it, just how often are you going to be booking a stay that begins exactly on Dec 1, anyway? But for this year, take heart in knowing that some of those who booked reservations that include your dates could very well be walking them forward. Just keep checking for cancellations and don’t forget to waitlist the days you want.

Website is up but I am having problems with it. Seven month window for me. I have three contracts (SSR - 150, VWL - 75 and BCV- 75). I'm trying to book first 8 days (8-1to 8-9-2021) at BCV using 291 banked points from last year. The system will let me prioritize the contracts by the previous listed order but then tries to book with banked, current and 50% borrowed points from SSR. I cannot get it use banked points from VWL or BCV before current year points.

When I try calling the direct number, I get user busy message or I get a the number can not be reached as dialed please try again with toll free number.

Anyone have luck calling in today (Saturday 1-2)?

Update: Finally got through to member services. Stated 45 minute wait to be disconnected at 34 minutes. Now I can not get through again.

Update: Finally got through to member services. Stated 45 minute wait to be disconnected at 34 minutes. Now I can not get through again.

For some strange reason, the message right before you book does not seem to indicate all banked points will be taken. However, as long as all contracts that have them are checked, it will pull them once you officially confirm and book it.

For some strange reason, the message right before you book does not seem to indicate all banked points will be taken. However, as long as all contracts that have them are checked, it will pull them once you officially confirm and book it.
Does another webpage show you what you stated or is it leap of faith that is done correctl?

Does another webpage show you what you stated or is it leap of faith that is done correctl?

Once booked, before you go back to the dashboard, you can click on points summary which will show it correct.

It will also show correct when you check your points as well

Once booked, before you go back to the dashboard, you can click on points summary which will show it correct.

It will also show correct when you check your points as well
Thanks for quick replies.

Seems DVC would make it more transparent with a message such as "banked points will be used first in order of contracts followed by current points then borrowed points." It is word but some explanation needs to be giving.

Yea, it’s crashed at booking time. Lots folks lost out. Try again tomorrow
I was on about 7:50 AM Eastern and everything was working normally. Agree it's the crush of Members all trying to book early December vacations right when the booking window opens.

Well, I was one who benefitted from the website going down briefly this morning. Because of the SNAFU, I was actually able to get a LV studio at VGF starting on 12/04. My daughter's MIL may want to come along on our trip (first trip for first grandchild for both of us). I just need to piece together the other nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter