• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Needed our own Personal Flurry...It was HOT HOT HOT!!!NEW OCT 19

Loved this update SO much! Elsa and Anna seemed perfect :lovestruc

I love when characters take a good amount of time with the big kids too.

The Snowfie's are priceless!

That daycare story was such a precious one, thank you for sharing that.

I'm so happy I found this! I literally have not been on here in ages and something told me to put the books down (still Nursing ��) lol and look for your beautiful faces. Can't wait to hear more about your magical trip!!! XOXO
Samantha

Loved this update SO much! Elsa and Anna seemed perfect :lovestruc

I love when characters take a good amount of time with the big kids too.

The Snowfie's are priceless!

That daycare story was such a precious one, thank you for sharing that.

awww thanks hon, they were perfect!

Me too, especially when that big kid is me :rotfl2: I love the snowfield because every time I look at them I think of how great this day was!

How cute were those kiddies!

I'm so happy I found this! I literally have not been on here in ages and something told me to put the books down (still Nursing ��) lol and look for your beautiful faces. Can't wait to hear more about your magical trip!!! XOXO
Samantha

OMG OMG OMG! Sam...I am so happy that you're here! Seriously ... Just.made.my.day! So happy that your getting closer to that Nursing degree:hug:

Following along! Just came across you TR and I'm loving it so far!

I sure like how relaxed you ladies are touring the world so far. We have a mother/daughters trip planned for 2015 (just the big girls) and it's great to see other big girls enjoying WDW at a slow and steady pace!

We haven't been to NFL yet either! Everything looks great, so glad you gals enjoyed it!

We love character meetings, but I agree, the bigger the kid the less interaction. I'm glad that was not the case with Anna; very true to her character I think.

Can't wait to see the rest of your trip!

Anna was first and she was exactly how you would expect her to be...laughing, funny and completely down to earth!

Gotta love how the characters... well, get into character!

Anna insisted in honour of Shanleigh's shirt, that they take a "snowfie"...too cute!

:laughing:

our experience with characters since Shanleigh was grown up is the bigger the child is the faster they move on...not these two! Anna was in no hurry whatsoever, she was chatting her "new friend"

I'd heard that too.
Nice to see not everyone's like that.

This is one of my favourite pictures of the trip! Two cuties!

I completely agree! And Elsa is quite nice, too.

Then it was time to meet Queen Elsa, she too was equally as lovely! She wanted to know where we had arrived from and when we told her we were from Canada she responded with "I guess the cold doesn't bother you either" :rotfl2: Hilarious!

Yeah.
Ha. Ha.
I'm already sick of this winter... and it's not even here yet!

She had shared the picture of Shanleigh and Else with her kiddies and they were so excited but one little girl looked up and asked Lauren why Anna didn't have her braids in :love: Lauren said, that's not Anna that's my friend to which they replied "no silly, that's Anna"...made our hearts full!

Awwww...

Ok...I lied, one more!

Liar! :laughing:
Hard to stop, isn't it?

We were heading back to the hotel for some pool time!

Yay! Love pool shots when it's cold out.
Reminds me that there's still someplace warm on the planet.
Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

I don't know how I missed the beginning of your trip report. Oh well, I'm here now. Can't wait to hear all about the trip, how much Jeff loves his food and of course the Cruise. I'm going on my first Disney Cruise in May so I enjoy reading anything I can about the Cruise. Can't wait for another installment.

What a great meet and greet with Anna and Elsa! Those pictures of Shan are just adorable and that story about her not having her braids in is so sweet.

Bring on the POOL TIME! :cool1::woohoo::cool1:

Following along! Just came across you TR and I'm loving it so far!
Welcome and thank you so much, so happy you're enjoying it!
I sure like how relaxed you ladies are touring the world so far. We have a mother/daughters trip planned for 2015 (just the big girls) and it's great to see other big girls enjoying WDW at a slow and steady pace!
We decided our commando days are behind us! We really tried to stay relaxed through the entire trip but it didn't always happen :lmao:
We haven't been to NFL yet either! Everything looks great, so glad you gals enjoyed it!
I wish we could have spent a little more time there, we just loved it and there's so much to see that I know we missed a lot of the details! Oh well, something to look forward to next trip!:rotfl2:
We love character meetings, but I agree, the bigger the kid the less interaction. I'm glad that was not the case with Anna; very true to her character I think.
She was amazing! Shanleigh enjoyed a few more character greetings on this trip that I can't wait to share!
Can't wait to see the rest of your trip!
:thumbsup2
Gotta love how the characters... well, get into character!

I had expected to go in, grab a couple of pics and be on our way, but it was nice that it wasn't the case!

:laughing:

I'd heard that too.
Nice to see not everyone's like that.

It really was!

I completely agree! And Elsa is quite nice, too.

Once again, you are far too kind my friend!

Yeah.
Ha. Ha.
I'm already sick of this winter... and it's not even here yet!

We were watching the hockey tonight and they had a commercial on for a snow blower and Shan and I just looked at each other and said at the exact same time...."not impressed"...we aren't ready for winter either!

Awwww...

;)

Liar! :laughing:
Hard to stop, isn't it?

Guilty as charged!

Yay! Love pool shots when it's cold out.
Reminds me that there's still someplace warm on the planet.
Thanks for the update! :goodvibes
Today was quite lovely didn't you think? I had all the windows open as I was cleaning!

I don't know how I missed the beginning of your trip report. Oh well, I'm here now. Can't wait to hear all about the trip, how much Jeff loves his food and of course the Cruise. I'm going on my first Disney Cruise in May so I enjoy reading anything I can about the Cruise. Can't wait for another installment.

YAY!!! ...and that's right, doesn't matter, you're here now :flower3:

You are going to really enjoy the cruise portion of the TR with Jeff and his love of food :good vibes So excited for you to be going on your first cruise, I can't wait to hear what you think!

What a great meet and greet with Anna and Elsa! Those pictures of Shan are just adorable and that story about her not having her braids in is so sweet.
Thanks Mary Ellen! I love them too!
Bring on the POOL TIME! :cool1::woohoo::cool1:
What I wouldn't give to be in the sun by a pool right about now!

Left off with us heading back to the pool for some much appreciated down time! It was a beautiful afternoon so we decided instead of heading over to the Hippy Dippy Pool we would just relax around the computer pool. There were only 3 other families there so was so nice and quiet! No pics tho, I'm so sorry, I believe Shan had some on her phone but I have no idea where they are! Upcoming pool events we have documentation of :lmao:

We headed back to the MK for the evening! The afternoon 4pm rain had moved off so we were showered and ready to go!

Shanleigh's OOTE (outfit of the evening) ;) It was so hot and the afternoon rain had done nothing with the humidity either! Oh well, it's August in Florida, what else could we expect?

I took care of that little bit of business with our passes! We stopped outside the park and while we waited in line there were people at one of the windows that I was stunned at rude they were being. I don't know what there problem was with their passes but nothing would have been a good enough excuse for the way they treated the CM. It was ridiculous but I have to say, she handled it like a pro!!

Next up was our turn and we added the 3 days and park hopper and before we knew it we were shopping!! Our little Sophia had tubes put in her ears in the morning so when Shan saw these ears and Soph loves her Minnie Mouse, we had to grab this shot and send it off to her!!

We then headed to our restaurant of choice for this evening which was Tony's Town Square! We had done some planning (I know, you're all shocked) that we would share most if not all of our meals on the trip! Well, someone, not me, was way too hungry to think of sharing this evening so we each ordered our own meal! After we placed our order, our lovely server was kind enough to take this picture for us!

He brought us some delicious foccaccia to start off with but I was good, I limited myself to half a piece and no olive oil...Shan on the other hand...well she didn't limit herself :lovestruc

This was the meal that we were supposed to split but Shanleigh ended up ordering it for herself! I'm sure you all know that by the time she finished it hardly looked like she had put a dent in it!

I decided on the pork tenderloin and cheese polenta and it was very very good!! Ate half (that was the plan I came up with if we decided not to share a meal) and it was more than enough!

Shanleigh decided that we would be having dessert here...you see, my girl loves gelato more than any dessert on earth! I could take it or leave it, but cake, I'm a cake girl! So I had the hazelnut chocolate cake but limited myself to three bites!

We left the restaurant right as MSEP was about half over so we just hung out on the porch and watched! It was lovely! It was lovely until a very angry patron was screaming to see the manager! She came out and he was pointing his finger in her face (I kept saying in my mind bite it, bite it) and saying to move the people from the window seat that he had booked and promised his children! :eek: That's how I looked, I swear it was! Shan and I looked at each other and I said, I hope our whole vacation isn't going to be rude, obnoxious people because that's how it was starting out! I don't understand how you can be so blessed to be on such a fantastic vacation and be so miserable! Oh well, not our problem I guess! We wandered down Main Street over to Tomorrowland! MK at night is nothing short of spectacular!

By the time we hit NFL, we were both in need of a washroom! I loved this place during the day but at night...I really have no words and IMO, pictures don't do it justice! Just gorgeous!

We decided that a ride on the HM was in order so I was fortunate enough to grab this shot from the line. It was a perfect evening!

As we slowly made our way thru the line into the interactive area we had this family in front of us, you all know the ones, they are loud, everyone hears what they're saying...you know! Well, the mom turns to me and says my son has to use the restroom....ummmm ok :confused3 I wasn't sure why she was telling me this....oh wait, now I know!! She is telling her husband she's not getting out of line and that he can pee in the bushes! Lifts him up onto the brick wall and let's him pee...the 2 families behind us in line freaked on her! THere's Shan and I in the middle just wishing we had chosen a different ride!

After that little episode, we decided our beds were where we needed to be! We had another exciting full day planned tomorrow so off we went, but of course, not before one last picture of the castle!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and to all my fellow Canadians... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

You guys are running into all the winners so far. Glad to see you just rolled with it.

:eek:

I've seen my fair share of rude guests at Disney before, but some of the ones you ran into really take the cake on the unbelievable. Not even sure what to say to the HM story. :rotfl2:

I'm sorry that there were so many inconsiderate people in the MK that night. It can really start to wear you down, being around so much negativity. I sincerely hope the rest of your trip wasn't like that.

Your dinner looked delicious, especially the desserts!:goodvibes

Haha, yeah, isn't the rain supposed to remove some of the humidity? It sees to just make it worse.

Oh Lord!! That just gets me so angry when I hear about rude guests treating CM's that way. I understand frustration, but too much is too much.

I do love spreading the magic by photo. So sweet of you to do that with the Minnie Ears.

Wow, you really were seeing the very best of humanity on this day. Oy!

And a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU!!!!!

Tony's looks like it was a lovely meal! Oooh, gelato, I'm with Shan on that one!

Geez, I can't believe how many rude people y'all were running into. :sad2: I just can't think of very many reasonable situations where one adult would need to SCREAM at another adult.

I can't STAND parents who think it's okay to just let their little boys whip it out and pee wherever they want just because they are boys! I have made that run with DS to the bathroom many times when he suddenly needs to go. He doesn't get to drop trou in public and go in a bush just because he's a boy!

No pics tho, I'm so sorry, I believe Shan had some on her phone but I have no idea where they are! Upcoming pool events we have documentation of :lmao:

I'll let it go this time.
But only because we're having nice weather right now.
Next time, when it's freaking cold out, there better be pics! :furious:

:rolleyes1

The afternoon 4pm rain had moved off so we were showered and ready to go!

If you don't want to be showered, come in out of the rain, silly girl!

Shanleigh's OOTE (outfit of the evening) ;)

How many times did you say to yourself before typing that:
"Outfit Of The Evening. OOTE. Outfit Of The Evening. OOTE. That's right..."

We stopped outside the park and while we waited in line there were people at one of the windows that I was stunned at rude they were being. I don't know what there problem was with their passes but nothing would have been a good enough excuse for the way they treated the CM. It was ridiculous but I have to say, she handled it like a pro!!

Some folks Magical experience differs from others.
:rolleyes:

We then headed to our restaurant of choice for this evening which was Tony's Town Square!

Never been.
Back in 2008 I polled fave restaurants (in MK) and it came in dead last.
It actually got most mentions for worst restaurant in all of WDW!

But now I'm hearing more and more people who are enjoying it.

So either they've changed, and for the better, or I just had too many sour sports posting.

He brought us some delicious foccaccia to start off with but I was good, I limited myself to half a piece and no olive oil

Wow. That's pretty good self restraint.

This was the meal that we were supposed to split but Shanleigh ended up ordering it for herself! I'm sure you all know that by the time she finished it hardly looked like she had put a dent in it!

Looks like shrimp scampi.
Did she like it?

Shanleigh decided that we would be having dessert here...you see, my girl loves gelato more than any dessert on earth! I could take it or leave it, but cake, I'm a cake girl! So I had the hazelnut chocolate cake but limited myself to three bites!

I on the other hand...
Would order both and scarf it all down!
Gelato... mmmmmmm... :love:

It was lovely until a very angry patron was screaming to see the manager! She came out and he was pointing his finger in her face (I kept saying in my mind bite it, bite it)

:laughing: I would probably think the same.

and saying to move the people from the window seat that he had booked and promised his children!

Were you one of the ones blocking his view?

:eek: That's how I looked, I swear it was!

I bet!

Shan and I looked at each other and I said, I hope our whole vacation isn't going to be rude, obnoxious people because that's how it was starting out!

No kidding! Talk about a depressing start to a vacay!

I don't understand how you can be so blessed to be on such a fantastic vacation and be so miserable!

Easy.
Mom and/or Dad feel pressured to bring little Suzy or Johnny to Disney because if they don't then they're bad parents.
They can't afford it but they must, must do this thing.
Do you have any idea how much money it costs them, and them alone, to come to Disney!
No one else on the planet spent nearly as much as they did!!
Everyone else needs to get out of their way!

:sad2:

By the time we hit NFL, we were both in need of a washroom!

Oh, no! Not the NFL (not football... not football...) washrooms again!
I'm starting to think (based on the many TRs that have mentioned them) that the biggest attraction at NFL (not football... not football...) is the washroom!

Rides? Restaurants? Who needs 'em! Give me someplace to "go"!

We decided that a ride on the HM was in order

HM at night.
Perfect.

we had this family in front of us, you all know the ones, they are loud, everyone hears what they're saying...you know!

Do you know how much they paid for this vacation?
They're going to be as loud as they want, because darn it, they paid for this!

Well, the mom turns to me and says my son has to use the restroom....ummmm ok :confused3

:lmao: Did you say anything to her?
Please tell me you did!

She is telling her husband she's not getting out of line and that he can pee in the bushes!

:eek: Why are there people out there who think this is okay?
We had people over with little ones for a pool visit.
They insisted their son pee on our landscaping.
Hello? There are two bathrooms just through those doors!

They haven't been invited back.

Lifts him up onto the brick wall and let's him pee...the 2 families behind us in line freaked on her!

I hope so!
What did they say, and how did the offending (and offensive) mom react?

THere's Shan and I in the middle just wishing we had chosen a different ride!

Geez, your trip is just starting and it's sounding like you need a do-over.

We had another exciting full day planned tomorrow so off we went,

What could be more exciting than rude, obnoxious, disgusting guests???

but of course, not before one last picture of the castle!

Of course.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and to all my fellow Canadians... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Same to you! And thanks for the post! :goodvibes

I'm definitely a fan of the quiet pools. I love being there with not a lot of people around.

People's treatment of others just floors me on a regular basis. I just never understand where people think it's okay to just be a jerk to anyone.

Again with the crazy people, after you had a lovely meal! Let me tell you. Miserable people will be miserable anywhere they go. It makes no difference.

What a hillbilly letting her kid pee in the bushes!

Oh. My. Gracious.

I can't believe people forget that EVERYONE brings their families there to experience the magic! Like, really, you PROMISED YOUR CHILDREN A WINDOW SEAT? Yes, I'm sure that the next time I'm dreaming about being able to go to Disney, all of the fun and general magic will be absolutely spoiled if I'm not always ideally situated with the view of my dreams.

I just can't.

Okay. Phew. I needed that off my chest.

NO WAIT I'M NOT DONE! Who on earth pees in public?! Okay, well all of us do, but IN PUBLIC RESTROOMS! With privacy measures taken! I'd never go pee in an area that people clean and maintain without their expecting to need gloves/sanitizing agents. I just...I don't even believe that. The ghosts will still be there when you get back!

OKAY OKAY.

You two are Just. So. Pretty. And you're my vacation hero for balancing allowing the chocolate cake for fun but to not go overboard; I will have to remind myself that you might read my TR after I go when I am thinking about how I should keep myself honest. I can't wait to read more! Hopefully you're done running into people who forgot to pack their decency!

You can't make that stuff up. :faint:

Oh brother - first you have someone who thinks he can book a window seat at Tony's and then a lady who lets who kid pee in the bushes while in line. I'm speechless.

On a brighter note, you food looks delish and Shan's outfit is super cute. Do much for splitting meals. It does sound like a great plan.

Yay for the computer pool, even if you didn't take pictures. I really like that pool because every time I've been there its been nice and quiet.

You guys are running into all the winners so far. Glad to see you just rolled with it.

This first week was the worst we have ever seen, I would love to tell you that was it, but it wasn't :confused3

:eek:

I've seen my fair share of rude guests at Disney before, but some of the ones you ran into really take the cake on the unbelievable. Not even sure what to say to the HM story. :rotfl2:

You know when you get hoe from a vacation and everyone wants to come over and see your pictures and hear all about it? I wish I had captured their faces when I told them the HM story...Shanleigh would say, yup, that's exactly the expression we had on our faces:rotfl2:
I'm sorry that there were so many inconsiderate people in the MK that night. It can really start to wear you down, being around so much negativity. I sincerely hope the rest of your trip wasn't like that.

Thanks hon and you are right, I found it was affecting me, I didn't even want to take out my camera because I just wanted to forget this whole evening even happened! I had to change my attitude towards it or it was going to ruin the entire trip! More on that coming up....

Your dinner looked delicious, especially the desserts!:goodvibes

If I could have dessert first every meal, I would::yes:: I just love it!

Haha, yeah, isn't the rain supposed to remove some of the humidity? It sees to just make it worse.
Exactly! I found this day was the worst for it, after that it did help!

Oh Lord!! That just gets me so angry when I hear about rude guests treating CM's that way. I understand frustration, but too much is too much.
Too much is too much! They don't make the rules they do, however, have to enforce them and people seem to forget this! I felt so bad for the manager at TTS but she really was amazing! She explained how ADR's work etc etc, he was hearing none of it!
I do love spreading the magic by photo. So sweet of you to do that with the Minnie Ears.
Between the Anna and Elsa pictures and this one Sophia was in her glory!! Carrie said she was just squealing and yet at the same moment perplexed at how Auntie Shan was with these people she loved and adored and she was still at home!:lovestruc
Wow, you really were seeing the very best of humanity on this day. Oy!
Weren't we, one right after another!!
And a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU!!!!!
Thanks! We had a lovely day at my sisters yesterday with the entire family...best time!

Tony's looks like it was a lovely meal! Oooh, gelato, I'm with Shan on that one!

Two peas in a pod you two are :thumbsup2

Geez, I can't believe how many rude people y'all were running into. :sad2: I just can't think of very many reasonable situations where one adult would need to SCREAM at another adult.

Me too! I remember asking my dad once when I was little why he didn't yell at someone and he said when you yell, you have lost control and can't think properly! I have never forgot those words!

I can't STAND parents who think it's okay to just let their little boys whip it out and pee wherever they want just because they are boys! I have made that run with DS to the bathroom many times when he suddenly needs to go. He doesn't get to drop trou in public and go in a bush just because he's a boy!

I'm with you all the way sista!!! I never had a boy but a bladder is a bladder and we all know kids wait until the last possible moment to go ... I still just shake my head and I think what was the worst of it all was she didn't seem to care!

Oh my! Rude, inconsiderate people all around! But you still had fun and you didn't let it ruin your day! :)

I have to be honest, I was upset that day and I did let it grate on me a little but I did try! I just kept thinking what if our entire holiday is like is?

I'll let it go this time.
But only because we're having nice weather right now.
Next time, when it's freaking cold out, there better be pics! :furious:

:rolleyes1

Promise!

If you don't want to be showered, come in out of the rain, silly girl!

Oh great, now you tell me!

How many times did you say to yourself before typing that:
"Outfit Of The Evening. OOTE. Outfit Of The Evening. OOTE. That's right..."

4...yup 4 times....OOTE...then again out loud over and over! I didn't want to mess up again:lmao:

Some folks Magical experience differs from others.
:rolleyes:

Very much so!

Never been.
Back in 2008 I polled fave restaurants (in MK) and it came in dead last.
It actually got most mentions for worst restaurant in all of WDW!

But now I'm hearing more and more people who are enjoying it.

So either they've changed, and for the better, or I just had too many sour sports posting.

We both really enjoyed it! We went in 2012 for lunch and that meal was my favourite...I had sliders and they were so yummy! We had a very lovely waiter as well and that does make a difference to your experience as well!

Wow. That's pretty good self restraint.

I wasn't happy about it but I did it:headache:

Looks like shrimp scampi.
Did she like it?

She loves this dish and she did let me try a bite and I too enjoyed it! The last time I ordered it, it was a bit to oily for my liking, but this evening, it was perfect!

I on the other hand...
Would order both and scarf it all down!
Gelato... mmmmmmm... :love:

Oh trust me I could have too, but I also new my trainer was arriving the following week and I would be in for it! Jeff takes this stuff seriously! :rolleyes:

:laughing: I would probably think the same.

:thumbsup2

Were you one of the ones blocking his view?

No no!! They don't let you stand on that side of the porch you pretty much have to be on the steps going out!

I bet!

No kidding! Talk about a depressing start to a vacay!

Easy.
Mom and/or Dad feel pressured to bring little Suzy or Johnny to Disney because if they don't then they're bad parents.
They can't afford it but they must, must do this thing.
Do you have any idea how much money it costs them, and them alone, to come to Disney!
No one else on the planet spent nearly as much as they did!!
Everyone else needs to get out of their way!

You hit the nail on the head! Shanleigh and I said we should have kept track how many times we heard a parent screaming at a toddler about how much the vacation cost! I said to Shan, if you can't afford it, wait another year, it's better for everyone!

Oh, no! Not the NFL (not football... not football...) washrooms again!
I'm starting to think (based on the many TRs that have mentioned them) that the biggest attraction at NFL (not football... not football...) is the washroom!

Rides? Restaurants? Who needs 'em! Give me someplace to "go"!

NFL is to you what OOTD is to me :lmao:

HM at night.
Perfect.

That was our first time ever riding at night and you're right, it was perfect!

Do you know how much they paid for this vacation?
They're going to be as loud as they want, because darn it, they paid for this!

...and paid more than the rest of us!

:lmao: Did you say anything to her?
Please tell me you did!

I did not! There are very few times that this happens to me but it does...when I am completely and utterly stunned and can't find words. I wouldn't have gotten a word in tho because I ladies behind us lost their minds and let everyone know what they thought! Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it!

:eek: Why are there people out there who think this is okay?
We had people over with little ones for a pool visit.
They insisted their son pee on our landscaping.
Hello? There are two bathrooms just through those doors!

They haven't been invited back.

WHAT???? I can't speak....unbelievable! I wouldn't invite them back either! Boggles the mind!

I hope so!
What did they say, and how did the offending (and offensive) mom react?

She laughed, told them obviously they didn't have boys!

Geez, your trip is just starting and it's sounding like you need a do-over.

Yes please...just on this first week tho, after that, it was amazing!

What could be more exciting than rude, obnoxious, disgusting guests???

Nothing I can think of!

Of course.

:goodvibes

Same to you! And thanks for the post! :goodvibes
Thank you for reading, please say hi to Ruby and the girls for us :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter