• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Needed our own Personal Flurry...It was HOT HOT HOT!!!NEW OCT 19

I'm definitely a fan of the quiet pools. I love being there with not a lot of people around.
Me too! It was so relaxing and I just flipped thru my magazines, then went in for a dip and repeat!
People's treatment of others just floors me on a regular basis. I just never understand where people think it's okay to just be a jerk to anyone.
Me neither! It baffles me...
Again with the crazy people, after you had a lovely meal! Let me tell you. Miserable people will be miserable anywhere they go. It makes no difference.
You got that right! Shan and I were having a conversation one evening at the grocery store about how the woman in front of us was treating the employee! It's like they've had a bad day and they're going to make it a bad day for someone else. Ridiculous!
What a hillbilly letting her kid pee in the bushes!
Hillbilly....I LOVE IT!!
Oh. My. Gracious.
:lmao:
I can't believe people forget that EVERYONE brings their families there to experience the magic! Like, really, you PROMISED YOUR CHILDREN A WINDOW SEAT? Yes, I'm sure that the next time I'm dreaming about being able to go to Disney, all of the fun and general magic will be absolutely spoiled if I'm not always ideally situated with the view of my dreams.
Perfectly stated! I agree, we all have little letdowns when we're on any vacation, but to freak out and make and scene and cause others angst...don't get it!
I just can't.

Okay. Phew. I needed that off my chest.
YAY!!! Venting is good!

NO WAIT I'M NOT DONE! Who on earth pees in public?! Okay, well all of us do, but IN PUBLIC RESTROOMS! With privacy measures taken! I'd never go pee in an area that people clean and maintain without their expecting to need gloves/sanitizing agents. I just...I don't even believe that. The ghosts will still be there when you get back!

Couldn't agree more! I have heard of people doing this, but I have never seen it being done...until that day!
OKAY OKAY.

You two are Just. So. Pretty. And you're my vacation hero for balancing allowing the chocolate cake for fun but to not go overboard; I will have to remind myself that you might read my TR after I go when I am thinking about how I should keep myself honest. I can't wait to read more! Hopefully you're done running into people who forgot to pack their decency!

You my dear...are far.too.sweet! Might? Oh no hon, I WILL be reading but if you want chocolate cake darlin, you will have it! That's what vacations are for!! I just knew I had 3 weeks and there was a great probability if I wasn't careful I would gain 10 pounds I worked way too hard to get it off!

You can't make that stuff up. :faint:

Right?
Oh brother - first you have someone who thinks he can book a window seat at Tony's and then a lady who lets who kid pee in the bushes while in line. I'm speechless.
At work we call it the generation of entitlement...we see it everyday! I thought of all my Dis-friends this particular week and knew what your reactions would be...same as mine:rotfl2:
On a brighter note, you food looks delish and Shan's outfit is super cute. Do much for splitting meals. It does sound like a great plan.
It was so good, such a great meal! Shan was very proud of her purchases before this trip...that little shirt was $5, my girl loves a deal!
Yay for the computer pool, even if you didn't take pictures. I really like that pool because every time I've been there its been nice and quiet.
It reminds me a lot of the piano pool, which, like me, I know is your favourite quiet pool;)

I cannot even begin to imagine lifting my son and letting him pee in the bushes! :eek: The crazy people were definitely out tonight. It's such a shame that people lose their manners and feel they are so entitled while at Disney.

A quiet pool is the best ticket!

Shan is just so pretty...love her ears.

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Tony's. Unfortunately, we've eaten there the last two years on our girls trip, and it has been very disappointing.

My my my...you sure had your fill of obnoxious and rude guests around you.

I cannot believe that mother had her husband lift their son so he could do his business in the bushes. :crazy2:

Awe, love the Minnie ears photo, so thoughtful.

Mmmm...the food at Tony's looks so good and how nice of the CM to take your photo.

I really enjoy the night photos, so peaceful looking.
And yet...you end up with those inconsiderate guests. Very frustrating. Good for you for brushing it all off. That would really bug me.

I cannot even begin to imagine lifting my son and letting him pee in the bushes! :eek: The crazy people were definitely out tonight. It's such a shame that people lose their manners and feel they are so entitled while at Disney.

I know, right? All the craziness seemed to be in the MK on this evening :lmao:

That sense of entitlement was all over the place on our first week, it was very sad!

A quiet pool is the best ticket!
Agreed, one of my top 5 great things about Disney!
Shan is just so pretty...love her ears.
Aww, thanks Kathy!:hug:
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Tony's. Unfortunately, we've eaten there the last two years on our girls trip, and it has been very disappointing.
That's too bad! I will say tho that I did enjoy the lunch we had there in 2012, those sliders were so yummy!
My my my...you sure had your fill of obnoxious and rude guests around you.
Yes we sure did!
I cannot believe that mother had her husband lift their son so he could do his business in the bushes. :crazy2:
She actually did it and laughed the whole time!

Awe, love the Minnie ears photo, so thoughtful.
One of my fav's too...thanks!
Mmmm...the food at Tony's looks so good and how nice of the CM to take your photo.
He was such a nice man!
I really enjoy the night photos, so peaceful looking.
And yet...you end up with those inconsiderate guests. Very frustrating. Good for you for brushing it all off. That would really bug me.
I had one of my girlfriends over yesterday to show her our pictures and tell her all about our trip and she said the same thing about the nighttime photos! Nothing prettier, IMO!

Thanks! It was getting harder to just brush it off tho! I think because everywhere we went it was the same thing! Oh well, another day coming up and maybe it was a great day!

Good Sunday morning everyone! I woke up to a gorgeous clear blue sky this morning and by the sounds of the weather channel, supposed to be a great day which means my walking will be done outside today so I better get my update done!

This fine day would bring us to DHS! Shanleigh spotted that nose and she was off! They did have a PP here but we decided to just grab a quick shot and get in line...we had rides to get on!

Not too bad of a crowd this morning so we choose and lined and inched forward...I always tell people who are going to Disney that you don't have to do marathon training, walk a few steps and stand....walk a few steps and stand....and repeat:cool1:

Shan joined the lineup once we were in to grab a flat Olaf...who doesn't love this little guy? It was at this moment that we both declared on this day...we were a party of 3!

Everyone headed to the stage but we had some serious riding to do this morning so we veered right! There was a very lonely looking PP so we decided to give him a little business this morning!

Now, please forgive me for the poor quality of this picture but I just had to share to show you how low the crowds were first thing in the morning! In all years, we have never had our elevator this empty...so fun!! My girl...she's crazy!

We quickly passed on doing TOT one more time and decided we should get next door to ride this little puppy before the lines got too long! We did have FP+ but it wasn't until 10am so we figured we could get at least one stand by ride done!

...but not before a picture! Who could pass up this empty space...not this mama!

...another bad shot...but I always say to myself "why do you bother to do your hair in the mornings at Disney"...not a good look :scratching

After two more rides we decided to go and grab a bottle of water and sit for a few minutes to just take it all in! This was our plan for this trip, no rushing, we would do what we could do and just enjoy being here! I do love those down time moments in Disney!

We did a little retail therapy on our way out and headed back for lunch and the pool!!

More to come tomorrow...I promise!! Shanleigh has 2 exams on Monday so she needs the computer and I hate posting updates on my Ipad:lmao:

Wow! I bet you didn't wait long for that elevator either!

The crowds do look kinda low around there. Everyone must have been over at TSMM.

Love that they still had the Frozen stuff.

I recently saw a picture with just ONE passenger on TOT...your ride photo comes pretty close with hardly anyone on.

I like your plan...just do what you want and take it easy. I need to learn how to do that.

I love the attitude y'all have on this trip of taking your time, soaking it all in, having fun but also having some relaxing time. :thumbsup2 It seems it was a very successful morning though. I haven't seen a ToT elevator that empty in a long time! I love Shan's pose for the camera. :lmao:

RnRC is one of my favorites but we never get to see it that empty anymore since we are doing the rope drop run to TSM like everyone else with little kids!

Aww I never did get a photo with sand castle Olaf. There always seemed to be a pretty good sized line. :(

Awww I never did get Olaf on a stick either. My God what was I thinking???

Holy wow that is one empty elevator. That is so cool.

I love your RnRC shot. Thumbs up... nice!! That's not that easy to do.

Wow, DHS looked empty that morning. Or, at least, Sunset Blvd was. I bet all the Frozen activities helped with the crowds first thing in the morning.

I don't think I've seen such an empty ToT car before. Awesome!

Hey! Where's the official OOTD photo?

I always tell people who are going to Disney that you don't have to do marathon training, walk a few steps and stand....walk a few steps and stand....and repeat:cool1:

It's the walk a few steps part that gets people.

That and the brutal heat.

It was at this moment that we both declared on this day...we were a party of 3!

:laughing:

Now, please forgive me for the poor quality of this picture but I just had to share to show you how low the crowds were first thing in the morning! In all years, we have never had our elevator this empty...so fun!! My girl...she's crazy!

Takes after her mom, perhaps?

:rolleyes1

We quickly passed on doing TOT one more time and decided we should get next door to ride this little puppy before the lines got too long!

Love RNR.
If pressed, I might admit to it being in my top 5 fave rides.

...another bad shot...but I always say to myself "why do you bother to do your hair in the mornings at Disney"...not a good look

I think it's a great look. You guys look like you're having a blast!

I do love those down time moments in Disney!

I wouldn't know!
GO! GO! GO!

:rotfl:

More to come tomorrow...I promise!!

We're gonna hold you to that!

Shanleigh has 2 exams on Monday so she needs the computer and I hate posting updates on my Ipad:lmao:

Good luck Shanleigh!
And thanks for posting! :goodvibes

That sand Olaf is amazing, I would have booked it over there too!

Awe, flat Olaf and he's even sporting his sun protection...love that you gals declared it a party of 3 day.

Those low crowds look fantastic, I've never seen such an empty elevator.

:) Hello my beautiful Canadian friends (so funny to say that because I have 2 classmates that live in Canada and they don't seem to have names anymore, they are referred to as the Canadians 'in a loving way of course' lol) I have been so busy but actually have an evening off so I came on here to catch up. Loving the trip report so far. And I have to say the last 2 trips I took to Disney we encountered such rude people, it was very disheartening. I love how you took it in stride, but you will remember it for a long time. In fact, one of my daughters was re-telling one of the particularly horrible stories just a couple days ago, and that trip was 3 years ago!! :confused3 I know your trip will get better, I'm jealous of the sunny pictures (it snowed here today!!) Can't wait to read more and hope you all are doing well. XOXO

Samantha

Ok Queen, I'm all caught up. It's boxing day so I will forgive no posts today....lol

Looking forward to more thought....soon???popcorn::

I would love a long trip like yours, usually I am at a max of 7 days....not nearly enough. One day the independently wealthy thing will happen to me...:yay:
:flower3: KIM

Hi Queen!

Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas! :santa: Just checking to see if you were still going to update your TR? I can't wait to see the cruise that you guys took! Sounds like a lot of fun! :goodvibes

Hope all is well!

Hi Jacquie,
Just found your TR and got all caught up! Hope all is well with you and Shanleigh? Love to hear what you thought about the cruise and AKL! Hope to hear from you soon!

Hazel

Hi everyone! I am so sorry that I have been absent for so long! Having said that, I have decided to not continue with my TR as I just don't seem to have the time or energy. Thank you to everyone for reading!

Hi everyone! I am so sorry that I have been absent for so long! Having said that, I have decided to not continue with my TR as I just don't seem to have the time or energy. Thank you to everyone for reading!

Sorry to hear that Jacquie. I hope you are all doing well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter