WDW for Couples - Post your questions and suggestions here!!!

Yesterday was our 180 day ADR making date .

I only made 4 ADR's , but am excited as they will be new to us.

I booked Hoop de doo review
Yak & yeti lunch
Kona cafe dinner
Fantasmic package brown derby.

I have also been following with great interest the opening of the four seasons resortat Wdw. This week they opened their new rooftop terrace restaurant called Capa.
It is Spanish based cuisine.

I am going to certainly reserve a table as it looks very romantic and you will be able to see fireworks from all over WdW. Plus Spanish food is one of my favourite cuisines.

I booked Hoop de doo review
Yak & yeti lunch
Kona cafe dinner
Fantasmic package brown derby.

I've never tried the review but Yak & Yeti, Kona Café and Hollywood Brown Derby (expect them to be late though, it can take a while before you get seated, they are known for being late) are 3 excellent restaurants that I would recommend.

SCRATCH that...... he's my fiancé now. Engaged at WDW!!! I am so excited :goodvibes

We might try to get a Save the Date photo in in front of the castle. And maybe buy the bride and groom ears!

Congratulations! My definitely get the Bride and Groom ears! My wife and I picked them up when we were in DL In February 2013...about 5 months after we were married. They now are on display in our living room, next to other keepsakes from the wedding. We love them!

SCRATCH that...... he's my fiancé now. Engaged at WDW!!! I am so excited :goodvibes

We might try to get a Save the Date photo in in front of the castle. And maybe buy the bride and groom ears!

Congratulations!!!!

Definitely get the "Just Engaged" pins and the bride and groom ears. DH and I were engaged in WDW and the staff went ABOVE AND BEYOND for us. We kept our ears and incorporated them into our wedding (as you can see from my avatar- our last dance was " A Whole New World" since we were leaving the next day for our Disneymoon)

Have a great time!

Going as a couple is my favorite way to do Disney! We can be at the parks from opening till closing, make reservations at nice restaurants, get through lines more quickly, and do every ride!

My boyfriend and I are going in May for our 7th anniversary and are celebrating with dinner at Be Our Guest, drinking around the world in Epcot, and making sure we do all our favorite things in the parks. I'm so excited!

We really enjoyed finishing each night in France with a glass of champagne! It was so romantic and just was a nice way to end each night of our trip!

Came back from a resort hopper trip a week ago.

Tried a few new hotels and I must say: we loved the Yacht Club (Deluxe) and absolutely fell in love with CArribean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside.

My choice of moderates would now be:

1- Carribean Beach
2- Port Orleans Riverside (because we can't have two No. 1...)
3- Coronado Springs (needs refurbishments in the room though)
4- Port Orleans French Quarter (still very nice but I enjoyed 1-2-3 more)

I also really like Disney's in-room celebrations. It can be such a romantic surprise to come back to a room with champagne and flowers!

Hi,

The hubby (54) and I (53) live in FL, have no kids and have been to MK many times. I've only just started posting the dates in my sig. I don't really remember all of them right now, I would have to look up all the photos I have. We've been to Epcot 3 times, Disney-MGM 2 times, & AK 1 time. Next trip will be to AK again, hopefully early this spring 2015. :yay:

How much does it cost? (Thinking about it for a next trip)..

It depends on which in-room celebration you want:

-From Mickey & Minnie with Love is $275.00 and includes "a trail of rose petals sprinkled on the bed, magically lit candles, and chocolates on your pillows. A spa basket for two, and personalized cozy bath towels, add an element of pampering to this grand gesture. A dozen pixie dusted roses sit nearby with a custom matted photo of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse sending you love and congratulations on your special occasion" (from Disney Floral & Gifts website).

-A Wish Come True is $364.95 and includes "“Disney Dozen” rose bouquet, a classic presentation of long stemmed red roses accented with delicate white flowers and greens, and a special thirteenth rose, wrapped in gold ribbon and sprinkled with pixie dust. The experience continues the next day when she opens the door to your resort room and discovers scattered rose petals, illuminated by the soft glow of candles. A large gift box, wrapped in a satin ribbon, contains an exclusively designed Swarovski crystal and silver plated bracelet featuring charms that read: dream, wish, and believe. A sparking fairy tale wand will serve as a lasting reminder of the magical moment. A special poem, included with the gifts, prompts her to close her eyes and make a wish. A sparkling silver-colored tray sits nearby and features two champagne flutes, our signature bottle of “Wishes” sparkling cider and Cinderella castle chocolates" (from Disney Floral & Gifts website).

If you're tight on money, you can choose to build your own package and just shop a la carte through the Custom Gift Builder and have it delivered to your room. For instance, last year I purchased the Toast to a Happily Ever After basket, then added on a couple of pieces of fruit, with two Mickey head balloons tied on top of the basket and had it delivered to our room on arrival day. I think the total was around $100, and made for a nice treat since we had a pretty late arrival and were starving by the time we got to our room (it was around 1:30am).

It's been a while since I posted, but since then DBF and I went on our Disney cruise where we met a lovely couple from the UK and decided to do a week at the world with them next september! I'm so excited. Also DBF is now DF!!! We are headed to Disney World at the end of February for the Disney Fairytale Wedding Showcase and are going to hit Epcot for a day!

-From Mickey & Minnie with Love is $275.00 and includes "a trail of rose petals sprinkled on the bed, magically lit candles, and chocolates on your pillows. A spa basket for two, and personalized cozy bath towels, add an element of pampering to this grand gesture. A dozen pixie dusted roses sit nearby with a custom matted photo of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse sending you love and congratulations on your special occasion" (from Disney Floral & Gifts website).

-A Wish Come True is $364.95 and includes "“Disney Dozen” rose bouquet, a classic presentation of long stemmed red roses accented with delicate white flowers and greens, and a special thirteenth rose, wrapped in gold ribbon and sprinkled with pixie dust. The experience continues the next day when she opens the door to your resort room and discovers scattered rose petals, illuminated by the soft glow of candles. A large gift box, wrapped in a satin ribbon, contains an exclusively designed Swarovski crystal and silver plated bracelet featuring charms that read: dream, wish, and believe. A sparking fairy tale wand will serve as a lasting reminder of the magical moment. A special poem, included with the gifts, prompts her to close her eyes and make a wish. A sparkling silver-colored tray sits nearby and features two champagne flutes, our signature bottle of “Wishes” sparkling cider and Cinderella castle chocolates" (from Disney Floral & Gifts website).

If you're tight on money, you can choose to build your own package and just shop a la carte through the Custom Gift Builder and have it delivered to your room. For instance, last year I purchased the Toast to a Happily Ever After basket, then added on a couple of pieces of fruit, with two Mickey head balloons tied on top of the basket and had it delivered to our room on arrival day. I think the total was around $100, and made for a nice treat since we had a pretty late arrival and were starving by the time we got to our room (it was around 1:30am).

Thanks for your answer.

I decided to build my own gift with the agift and Floral boutique and found a wine (not champagne but a sparkling red who had such great reviews that I chose it instead of champagne) and cute little mickey champagne flute. It ended up costing me only 63$ US (80$ CAN) and I am very happy. I forgot to add the balloon I wanted though. I should ask and see if they can add it.

Thanks for your answer.

I decided to build my own gift with the agift and Floral boutique and found a wine (not champagne but a sparkling red who had such great reviews that I chose it instead) and cute little mickey champagne flute. It ended up costing me only 63$ US (80$ CAN) and I am very happy. I forgot to add the balloon I wanted though. I should ask and see if they can add it.

I love this thread! I'm still in a very young marriage and have only gone to Disney World with my husband.

My question is: Would it be awkward for just me and my husband to meet characters? I could have met so many characters and I think it would be fun, but I would feel weird standing with a bunch of little kids! :rotfl:

Not the least bit awkward! The characters are very gracious and they will happily do selfies with you as well. If you are not purchasing Memory Maker. I would urge you to do so. It's worth every penny. The ride videos are outstanding! Consider a pre-park opening reservation at The Crystal Palace. Get your beauty sleep, wear your cutest sundress and dress the hubby up too. Photopass Photoghaphers will be in position all the way up Main Street to the partners statue to snap your picture. With no other guests in the back ground. Stop at everyone and again on your way back to the restraurant. You can delete the ones you don't like.

DBF and I are heading to Disney for 5 days in February and I am thinking about getting the Memory Maker... is $149 worth it? I am thinking it might be so we can both be in the photos as opposed to one of us? Just seems a little steep... thoughts? experiences?

Thanks!

We enjoy the memory maker. I think it's worth every penny. Stop at every Photoghapher you see. Consider a MK pre-park opening ADR at the Crystal Palace. Arrive 45 mins before your reservation time. Wear your cutest outfit. Dress up your spouse. Great Cinderella's Castle photos while your still fresh with out other guests in the background. Have a wonderful trip!

I have enjoyed Disney so much more as an adult then I have a child. And I feel there is something special when experiencing it with that special someone because you can take in so many more things that can be hard with little ones. I really enjoy Downtown Disney at night all lit up with the shops all open. There are so many neat bars, restaurants, and clubs!

Just got our BOG FP+ Reservations, and we have FP+ for everything we want except for Main Street Electrical Parade which we'll do on Superbowl Sunday cause apparently the parks are pretty dead that night.

Would love some suggestions on what to ask characters! I want to ask them wedding related questions since we're engaged :) What do you think? Should I ask Anna to be a bridesmaid? Ask Belle for any good readings for our ceremony? Ask Cinderella what the most magical part of her wedding was?? Maybe ask Fairy Godmother and the mice to help me make my wedding dress? I would love to get some cute character interactions in on this trip!

Just got our BOG FP+ Reservations, and we have FP+ for everything we want except for Main Street Electrical Parade which we'll do on Superbowl Sunday cause apparently the parks are pretty dead that night.

Would love some suggestions on what to ask characters! I want to ask them wedding related questions since we're engaged :) What do you think? Should I ask Anna to be a bridesmaid? Ask Belle for any good readings for our ceremony? Ask Cinderella what the most magical part of her wedding was?? Maybe ask Fairy Godmother and the mice to help me make my wedding dress? I would love to get some cute character interactions in on this trip!

Since the princesses etc "stay in character", I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun interacting with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter