WAY TO Early Riviera Price per Point Guesstimate

Considering purchasing a small ad on contract.:cool1: Guess we will see with final pricing.:banana:Anyone know when pricing and more information will be released?:confused:
THANKS!:goodvibes

I think it was March when the point chart was released. March was when current members could buy, and then a month later when it was open to the public. I know it was officially open in July.

If Riviera is scheduled to open late 2019, I don't expect we'll get information until next summer on price. Room configuration and amenities should start popping up a little before that.

I found some of the older articles on the DVC News to find out this information.

• CCV Details revealed in February 2017 - https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...eek-villa-details-point-requirements-and-more
  • Beginning March 21, 2017, CCV owners have priority booking up to 11 months out or dates up to February 18, 2018. Booking must be performed via phone call with Member services. Note reservations begin for July 17, 2017, opening day.
  • On April 26, 2017 members can book using the 7 month window or dates up to November 26, 2017.
  • On April 26, 2017, online booking for Copper Creek Becomes available for members.
You really don't get a lot of lead time, before information regarding the details of the resort and when sales begin. DVC doesn't release details before the first Declaration filing. And then the formal announcement comes out often weeks later.

Ok, been about 6 months since a post has been on this subject. Now that it is Fall/Winter and the opening of Riviera is closer, what is the feeling of the 'Opening cost' of this New Resort on the "Skyliner"?? I still say $195-199 Just below the magical $200/point cost...
But, just a guess.... Let's hear your "guesstimates"!!!!!!!:)

My guess: listing price will be just over $200, maybe $205. Then amazing opening incentives will bring the real price around what the CCV listing price is now.
Opening dues above current CCV: someone has to pay for the Skyliner, better us than the Mouse (from the Mouse perspective)

More concerned about dues than initial ppp, especially given the significant increases for 2019 over 2018.

That DOES beg the question--WHO WILL actually pay for the 'Skyliner'?? DVC? Disney? How will that be paid for? Our DVC dues?? Interesting question to say the least.. I don't think DVC will pay for it in any way/shape/or form. Why? It only affects 1 resort, and the rest are Pop/CB/etc... So, I feel we will all pay for it in higher ticket cost... But who knows?

That DOES beg the question--WHO WILL actually pay for the 'Skyliner'?? DVC? Disney? How will that be paid for? Our DVC dues?? Interesting question to say the least.. I don't think DVC will pay for it in any way/shape/or form. Why? It only affects 1 resort, and the rest are Pop/CB/etc... So, I feel we will all pay for it in higher ticket cost... But who knows?

DVC dues cannot pay for the construction of the Skyliner, but they WILL pay for the operating and maintenance costs. And it seems the Skyliner will be in the security bubble, so the security costs for bag search will be paid with resort dues. Looking at the increase in security costs for BWV this year, probably the boardwalk will be in the security bubble to.
It's not coincidental that a new DVC resort is being built on the new Skyliner, Riviera contracts will pay its construction (I know, they're different Business Units, but part of a big family) and owners will help paying for its upkeep.

DVC dues cannot pay for the construction of the Skyliner, but they WILL pay for the operating and maintenance costs. And it seems the Skyliner will be in the security bubble, so the security costs for bag search will be paid with resort dues. Looking at the increase in security costs for BWV this year, probably the boardwalk will be in the security bubble to.
It's not coincidental that a new DVC resort is being built on the new Skyliner, Riviera contracts will pay its construction (I know, they're different Business Units, but part of a big family) and owners will help paying for its upkeep.

I do not see a very defendable argument for parks to shift their security costs to the resorts. That they moved the bubble out is their decision of course but those security checks are only about security for the parks, not for the resorts themselves. If they shifted the costs I'd be apt to question that - although it would take a stronger legal questioning than me of course.

I agree with the others that Disney will pay for building the Skyliner but the maintenance will be shared between Disney Parks and nearby resorts. The transportation maintenance and operation cost for the Skyliner will be offset by using less buses for the resorts on the Skyliner to DHS and Epcot as I fully expect that the Skyliner will be the sole transport to those two parks from the Skyliner resorts, AOA, POP, CBR AND Riviera just like the monorail is for the MK resorts. In fact it is possible that buses to DHS and the main entrance for Epcot for the Epcot resorts would no longer be provided for guests at BC/BCV and BWV/BWI for DHS and Epcot.

I do not see a very defendable argument for parks to shift their security costs to the resorts. That they moved the bubble out is their decision of course but those security checks are only about security for the parks, not for the resorts themselves. If they shifted the costs I'd be apt to question that - although it would take a stronger legal questioning than me of course.

I agree. I own at BWV and did not ask for it, want it, or voted for the "skyliner". I don't see how BWV dues are going to pay for it, or should we pay for it.
I am sure we are in increased ticket prices/etc. But unless ALL resorts pay for it (be it $10/nite increase in Pop Century rates), that would be Fair for all to pay that way.. Would be VERY interested in the "line-item" as to how it is paid for. I don't want my dues to go up for security at the back of Epcot-Boardwalk area b/c 10000 people/year from Pop Century use that security entrance and all BWV DVC owners are paying for it!!!

Hey think about it members don't get to vote for anything. DVC, DVD and in reality Disney decides everything.

There is no gondola stop at any of the EPCOT resorts. I very seriously doubt that those resorts will make any contribution whatsoever to the operation or maintenance of that system. The EPCOT resorts help to pay for the bus & boat transportation that actually serves those resorts.

I agree. I own at BWV and did not ask for it, want it, or voted for the "skyliner". I don't see how BWV dues are going to pay for it, or should we pay for it.
I am sure we are in increased ticket prices/etc. But unless ALL resorts pay for it (be it $10/nite increase in Pop Century rates), that would be Fair for all to pay that way.. Would be VERY interested in the "line-item" as to how it is paid for. I don't want my dues to go up for security at the back of Epcot-Boardwalk area b/c 10000 people/year from Pop Century use that security entrance and all BWV DVC owners are paying for it!!!

Like it or not, annual dues will likely go up as a result. I bet DVC/Disney will likely disguise the increases as "operation costs" for transportation in general (not specifically for the gondolas).

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter