WAY TO Early Riviera Price per Point Guesstimate

deerh

DIS Veteran
Well, it may be WAY to early for a guesstimate, but with the economy humming along, and resale
prices going up BIG TIME, and CCV selling for $176/point, what do you say the starting point of
RR would be? Bring on the guesstimates!!

DeerH

My guesstimate is $192 with Poly sales( since it will be sold out soon) and CC bumping up to $185 to make it seem like a steal...lol.

I would say $197/point. Keeping below that "magical" $200/point threshold. With incentives later on, might be $190/point. CCV would go up
to $185/point if there are any points left with CCV in late 2019.... Just a guesstimate....

DeerH

It's supposed to open in 2019, right? And they'll start selling to existing members first? It's not really too far off, is it?

As a new BWV owner, I hope the price is super high! An Epcot resort with a 2070 end date. Hello competition! Goodbye resale value! lol

I would not think they would be any more than CCR and should actually be less due to the location. I would guess about $160-170.

I would not think they would be any more than CCR and should actually be less due to the location. I would guess about $160-170.

I would doubt VERY seriously if DVC would go DOWN in price. Never happened before with any new DVC resort. Doubt it will start now. But, it is
fun to speculate so early! With the new "skylander" or whatever they call it as a draw, I would think that would increase the price for sure.

DeerH

My bet is $182/pt. I bet they wait until Poly is sold out to announce it. Should not be too long now. Then they can raise Poly, BLT, and VGF to $195/pt. to make the new resort look like a deal.
I'm thinking it will be this low because excitement for it seems pretty low so far, so they will need a "cheap" price to pull people in. Obviously, if something is awesome about it, such as an epic pool or something, then the price would be higher.

CCV is listed below BLT, VGC, and VGF prices, I expect if they want to sell at a moderate resort they will need to be lower than CCV.

I haven't heard much about it, but Riv won't be sharing any services (except the skyliner) with CBR, right? If not, I don't think everyone will associate it with a mod. Some people won't ever realize it was former CBR property. If it's sharing anything more with CBR, that's another story. But I still think with SWL opening at the same time, they will be promoting the heck out of it and people will be excited to get an Epcot/HS area resort with a 2070 end date. I can't imagine they'd price it below what they're selling BCV/BWV for. Which will probably be $170 by then.

Where does it say that BLT, and VGF is selling more per point than CCV?? I saw it on DVC news, but that was April, 2017. Is it still that high?
And WHY? BLT and VGF has less years than CCV? That is confusing to say the least. Please site your source... I would like to see
where that is... I am sorry, just don't believe it... But, I could be wrong....

DeerH

From the DVC News site, Oct 2017
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas***
$165 per point; 25+ points

Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas (Hawaii)*****
$176 per point; 25+ points

Current promotions include cash discount with 125 pt add-on and "free points for life" offer starting at 10 free points with 160 pt add-on. Click for details

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Villas****
$185 per point; 25+ points

Disney's Beach Club Villas*
$165 base price; 25+ points

Disney's BoardWalk Villas*

Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge*

Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge+++
$176 base price; 50+ points

Current promotions include cash discount with 125 pt add-on and "free points for life" offer starting at 10 free points with 185 pt add-on. Click for details

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort*
$115 base price; 25+ points

Disney's Old Key West Resort***
$145 base price; 25+ points

Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows++
$176 per point; 25+ points

Current promotions include cash discount with 125 pt add-on and "free points for life" offer starting at 10 free points with 160 pt add-on. Click for details

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa**
$145 base price; 25+ point purchase

Disney's Vero Beach*
$115 base price; 25+ points

Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel****
$185 base price; 25+ points

Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa+
$185 base price; 25+ points

Where does it say that BLT, and VGF is selling more per point than CCV?? I saw it on DVC news, but that was April, 2017. Is it still that high?
And WHY? BLT and VGF has less years than CCV? That is confusing to say the least. Please site your source... I would like to see

DeerH

Bill did a great job citing the source. As for the why. They can then say "why buy into BLT at $185/pt when you can have CCV for only $176?" They tried it on me. Their margins on CCV are much much higher than the ROFR purchase to direct sale margins of a place like BLT. Makes sense to push places like that so that they can find new properties and keep the gravy train rolling.

CCV is listed below BLT, VGC, and VGF prices, I expect if they want to sell at a moderate resort they will need to be lower than CCV.

With easy access to 2 parks, even if it's a moderate disguised as deluxe, it will still command a premium price. I highly doubt it will be priced below CCV, but what do I know!

LAX

DeerH

I believe since BLT it has become the norm for DVC to price the newest sold out resorts higher than current resorts they are selling. Actually I guess 2042 resorts probably were higher in price too going back with AKV and SSR once you factored in incentives on those 2 resorts.

There is a new offer out now, the DVC News just posted it. It takes part of the developer points away to give you a gift card.
But the three resorts that have not sold out, AUL, CCV and PVB are all $176 per point.

I would think in 2019 they will be $182 (3 three raises), but all will change to $184 when the Riveria opens. And if the new Disneyland hotel gets DVC it will be $200 per point.

Thanks for the source, Bill. I do see that it is higher for BLT,etc. I guess that is why I am a science teacher and not a Finance person!
STILL does not make sense however, due to less years available. But, I would not buy at that price anyway if I was buying BLT and GFV.
Would buy resale... But I am good and got in on the CCV incentive of 10 points "Free" 1 month ago as we added CCV to our
portfolio of DVC... Happy with the purchase and excited to stay at CCV soon!!

Still say RR will be around $192-195ish/point... But we will see... Wonder when they will announce the price/point??

DeerH

I think the higher price is part location and part sales con to try and sell the new resorts first. I assume they (sales CMs) get a better commission on the new resorts. I don't hold that against them, their just folks like us trying to make a living and take care for their families.

Thanks for the source, Bill. I do see that it is higher for BLT,etc. I guess that is why I am a science teacher and not a Finance person!
STILL does not make sense however, due to less years available. But, I would not buy at that price anyway if I was buying BLT and GFV.
Would buy resale... But I am good and got in on the CCV incentive of 10 points "Free" 1 month ago as we added CCV to our
portfolio of DVC... Happy with the purchase and excited to stay at CCV soon!!

Still say RR will be around $192-195ish/point... But we will see... Wonder when they will announce the price/point??

DeerH

# of years left on the contract is not the only factor in determining point price. BLT is both a monorail resort and the only DVC walkable to Magic Kingdom, their most popular park. It's always had a premium for that. GFV is their flagship resort and also monorail so it always gets a premium. Poly is a premium too as a monorail resort but it's being priced to move (comparatively) since it has new inventory still and isn't sold out.

Also, even if factoring in the value of the # of years left on the contract, you need to also include the maintenance fees. Typically you take the (cost per point) / (years left on contract) + ($ per point in MF) to get the true cost per point. And even with BLT at $185 and CCV at $167, BLT still comes out cheaper in total cost per point ($9.92 for BLT vs. $10.60 for CCV) because it's MF is so much lower than CCV.

it will be high so all the new owners ( not just dog owners) can help pay for the dog issues if they allow you to bring your dogs.

They should build a dog hotel over at Animal Kingdom. It seems more fitting there than having dogs walking the boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!