Water bottles in checked luggage

branmack

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever packed water bottles or juice boxes in their checked luggage? Will they pop open on the plane? :confused3

We normally road trip down to Disney and are able to bring everything but the kitchen sink.

If you are unsure if they will survive, place them in plastic, zip-lock freezer bags. That will offer protection against leakage.

we packed boxes of juice pouches in our checked luggage and had no trouble at all....good luck to you and enjoy you trip:thumbsup2

They can burst during the flight. Not because of air pressue, but because of rough handling. I absolutely would not pack them in my luggage - Orlando isn't exactly a third world country. If you insist on packing them, please double bag them. It would be a shame to ruin someone else's things.

I've thrown extra water bottles in my checked luggage when I have extra room. I have never had one open or even get dented! Now I have never packed anything other than water so even if it did leak it is just water. Same as if it was raining on your bags as they got loaded to the plane. Last July there was a T-storm as they loaded our plane in Orlando and our luggage was absolutely soaked when we got home hours later!

I typically will pack small individual serve bottles of apple juice in my checked luggage. I always double bag them in ziplocs, just in case.

We've never had an issue, though. :)

When they break (yours may not break, do a search, they break all the time) the contents of your luggage may be ruined. The contents of other passengers luggage may be ruined.

Too many bottles and your luggage may be overweight. I can understand if you have a food allergy and need something very specific. You can get bottled water in Orlando. Hess mini-mart. You can get it delivered. Car service grocery stop.

My kids and I have laundry lists of food allergies. We fly SWA and never come close to our luggage allowance. We order groceries because the risk of ruining not only my luggage but also the luggage of other passengers isn't worth it to me. We do pack dry goods in our luggage to save some money since grocery services do charge more than I'd normally pay, but liquids are just not worth the risk IMO.

I did pack few pouches of juice last time and didn't have problem. But I think it might be economical to just order water from costcos or gardengrocers.com

Ok, we fly southwest so bags fly free. I have packed water and soda/pop in this manner: I buy the smaller bottels of water by the case and wrap the whole case (12 small bottles) in plastic shopping bags(walmart bag) and tape them, then I put them in a box and tape it, I do the same thing with the 6 pack small soda's. I have an ajustable upright bag/canvas luggage that I put the boxes in. I allso pad this bag with some bubble wrap. I do not put any cloths in this bag just accessorie items. Nothing has ever opened or spilled during my flight from AUS to MCO. At the end of my trip I use this bag for souvenirs, use the boxes and bubble wrap to get items home safely. This may sound like alot of work but I'm a planner that's what i do.pirate:

They can burst during the flight. Not because of air pressue, but because of rough handling. I absolutely would not pack them in my luggage - Orlando isn't exactly a third world country. If you insist on packing them, please double bag them. It would be a shame to ruin someone else's things.

Other posters have given lots of good advice, including this post. Would it be possible to buy water in bottles in Orlando?

Has anyone ever packed water bottles or juice boxes in their checked luggage? Will they pop open on the plane? :confused3

We normally road trip down to Disney and are able to bring everything but the kitchen sink.

Other posters have given lots of good advice, including this post. Would it be possible to buy water in bottles in Orlando?

Order a case from costco.com a few days before you leave and send it to your resort - it's like $8 for a case of 24 with shipping included.

WELL... I won't be doing it again anytime soon as had in zip lock bags and all it took was one to blow open and what a mess to my clothes:scared1: so I order my water and juice since then from garden grocer worth it to me as what I spend in laundry was more than having them deliver it:surfweb:

Please don't bring liquids like that in your luggage! You can buy plenty in Orlando! :thumbsup2

SW lets bags fly free but there is still a weight allowance.

FYI....water or any liquid is very heavy.

1lb of water weighs 10lbs. So to pack it you will end up paying $$ as you run the risk of being overweight limit.

Much easier to ship the water or go get in when there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter