W.I.S.H. Support! in the Creative Community Livingroom

BTW have you ever eaten at Ri~Ra in Providence? It's an Irish Pub near the train station.

I have never eaten at RiRa's in Providence. I have heard it advertised several times, but have never been there. Actually that is my nickname!!! :rotfl2: I spell it Reara! My nephews call me Auntie Reara!:rotfl2: So what do you think? Did they steal the name from me? Should I sue them for name theft? :lmao: LOL!!!! Must be an Irish thing!!!!

Mind if I join in, ladies? This place feels like much more of a home to me than the WISH site does. Who better to commiserate with than fellow scap addicts like myself? :rotfl:

I need to lose a lot...I want to lose a lot...but I have zero motivation. At least that's what my pattern over the past 15 days tells me. I was all gung-ho to start this healthy pattern of exercising and doing WW once 2007 began. I'll do great for a day...or two...and then just completely stop. No rhyme or reason. It's just more fun to DIS with a Dr. Pepper than to walk on the treadmill with a bottle of water. :teeth:

It really hit me yesterday when I was doing a marathon scrap of DH & I's solo Disney trip. There were only 3 pictures of me, and only one of the two of us together. I look awful...I felt lousy (and that wasn't just the herniated disc talking), and I desperately don't want to feel the same way when we take our vacations this year.

I'm looking forward to checking in here. Good luck to everyone! :wizard:

If you are serious about this, read my post further up, I think it is on page 2. The first thing you need to do is throw away your scale and tell yourself you are not on a diet. Instead you are changing your life. Because that is actually what you are doing, changing your whole life around. You are going from a unhealthy person to a healthy person and you will honestly be so much happier and have so much new found energy!!! I swear! After you do this HUGE step and refocus yourself, then you start taking things out of your old life that are bad for you. Not all at once, because then you will just faulter and go back. We don't want to deprive ourselves all at once! It took a long time to put the weight on, its going to take a long time to take it off. It doesn't happen overnight. Also remember if it comes off slowly, it stays off! So the first thing you take away is bread or pasta, whichever you eat most of. If it is bread, and you enjoy eating sandwiches at lunch, replace the bread with a whole wheat pita pocket. Limit your pita to one per day only. Do this for 3 weeks then it will become second nature to you. Then drop the other item Pasta. If you use pasta as a side dish replace with a veggie or salad instead! It's ok to eat 2 veggies with dinner! You will miss the pasta, but stick with it, do this for 3 weeks then see how you feel, I bet after a while you will Completly forget all about it! After you do all this, Let me know how you feel and we will continue on!

I lost close to 150 pounds! I have Hypothryoidism and the autoimmune disorder that attacks the thyroid gland too! I was told by my doctor that I couldn't lose weight, because I didn't have a working metabolism. Well, I proved them wrong! They are amazed at my success! I even lowered my Cholesterol by 100 points and my blood pressure! Weight does a lot of bad things to your body not to mention the aches and pains! I know how you feel, I am still on the road of self improvement! :yay: I have such a great outlook on life now! Lets get you there!

Hi everyone! I did ok over the weekend--not terrific, but ok. I told DH that I couldn't figure out how last spring I managed to diligently stick to this, but I couldn't make myself do it now!! It's a brand new week, though, so I am re-focusing! Only 58 more days until our Disney trip, so I have a goal in sight!!!

Good luck, and have a great Monday, everyone!

Walked 2 miles this morning and weighed in. I lost the 1 lb I gained last week so I'm back to square 1. No problem.
I just need to work on my calorie intake.

I'm going to join you guys also. Last year we did WW at work. I lost 37.5 lbs. I have gain about 10 of it back. My plan is to go back to what I was doing while on the program. I have found that since Thanksgiving, I have not had much will power.
I'm glad that we can support eachother here!
S :)

I found out today that I do a lot more exercise when I am nervous. I am preparing for my test on Saturday and have already walked over 4 miles today.

Rebecca

I found out today that I do a lot more exercise when I am nervous. I am preparing for my test on Saturday and have already walked over 4 miles today.

Rebecca

WoW! Just make sure you don't walk away too far that you can't get back!!!!:rotfl: That's great though!

I am walking in circles around my classroom so that won't be a problem- although I might wear some holes in the carpet. It should be a week to lose wieght- I don't tend to eat as much and I exercise more when I am nervous. Don't get me wrong I eat enough but not all those extra snacks and such.

I am walking in circles around my classroom so that won't be a problem- although I might wear some holes in the carpet. It should be a week to lose wieght- I don't tend to eat as much and I exercise more when I am nervous. Don't get me wrong I eat enough but not all those extra snacks and such.

OMG!!!! She is in a GIANT Habitrail!!!! :rotfl2: Someone please help this poor girl!!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

OMG!!!! She is in a GIANT Habitrail!!!! :rotfl2: Someone please help this poor girl!!!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

My saving grace is that no matter how I do on the test I am still spending the weekend at Disney world. I am getting better. Only 5 miles for the whole day at school today- down some from yesterday.

Rebecca

Hi everyone! It really sounds like everyone is doing great!! We can definitely do this!! I weighed in yesterday, and I am down 3 more pounds. I haven't been doing very well with the exercise, though, so I have to get back into that. Must be in the smaller size and in better shape by March! :thumbsup2

Rebecca, good luck on your test! I know you'll do great!! Have fun in WDW!!:banana:

Keep up the awesome work, everybody!! We can do this!!! :cheer2:

Hi everyone! It really sounds like everyone is doing great!! We can definitely do this!! I weighed in yesterday, and I am down 3 more pounds. I haven't been doing very well with the exercise, though, so I have to get back into that. Must be in the smaller size and in better shape by March! :thumbsup2

Rebecca, good luck on your test! I know you'll do great!! Have fun in WDW!!:banana:

Keep up the awesome work, everybody!! We can do this!!! :cheer2:

THREE MORE POUNDS!!!!!

You are the wind beneath my wings! ::yes::

OK, so something really cool just happened...

I got a new scale, cause our old one was just limping along. Got one on sale that does a ton of stuff...told me that my lean muscle and bone mass is about 115lbs...cool...

Anyway, I got on for the weight, and it weighed me 9lbs less than the old scale! DH got on and it weighed him less too... I know it is more accurate, cause when I would go to my senior center class I always was less there, and their scale is calibrated...

SOOOOO, I guess I have a boost today, but not sure how to count it :confused3 but a 9lb loss just from opening a box is alright!!

OK, so something really cool just happened...

I got a new scale, cause our old one was just limping along. Got one on sale that does a ton of stuff...told me that my lean muscle and bone mass is about 115lbs...cool...

Anyway, I got on for the weight, and it weighed me 9lbs less than the old scale! DH got on and it weighed him less too... I know it is more accurate, cause when I would go to my senior center class I always was less there, and their scale is calibrated...

SOOOOO, I guess I have a boost today, but not sure how to count it :confused3 but a 9lb loss just from opening a box is alright!!

Cool! 9lbs is 9lbs right?! I bought the Weight Watchers scale from Walmart and it's pretty accurate. I weigh myself before going to the DRs. just to see if it's right. I will also occasionally put weights on it the see if it's right.

I just put on jeans that were too tight before Christmas. They are a slimmer cut that are ONE SIZE SMALLER than my other jeans and they were actually comfy!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter