Vinyl Overlay on Magic Band

We have ordered from multiple sellers in ETSY and ahv enot had any problems with the vinyl sticking to the band. Love all the options and the ability to even create a totally custom skin. they did not come loose when it was hot or rained on.
I have never had a problem with any Etsy seller & have ordered from a bunch of them. The designs are beautiful, often include glitter, and are both waterproof and resistant to sunscreen. They also fit the shape of the MagicBand perfectly.

It seems odd to me that this very old thread was bumped in order to advertise - with a statement that, in my experience, is just not true. :confused3

I can't vouch for any of the Etsy sellers, as I have not personally used any. I don't recall ever hearing any complaints about any of them either, so I have no opinion one way or another.

I have used Magic Your Band several times, with good results. They were kind enough to supply me with a template so that I could design my own skin in Photoshop, and then simply upload it to their website to have it printed.

Just want to add some praise for My Fantasy Bands! We used them on our November trip and they were so cute and very durable!

I did have a problem with one of my skins lifting, but as was pointed out by the MagicYourBand folks, it was due to the band being kind of dusty, which I assume is some kind of release agent that helps them get the bands out of the molds when they are manufactured. A good, thorough cleaning with rubbing alcohol prior to affixing the second skin solved the problem quite nicely. The second skin lived through two full weeks in the parks, swimming, downpours, sweat, sun screen, and they still look great now, a full year later.

The best feature though, is the ability to print fully custom designs. I designed all of our own skins, and then had them printed by MagicYourBand, and I couldn't be happier with the results!

These are two of my designs from last year.

DIS Avatar.jpg DIS MB2 Sleeping Beauty.jpg

I’ve done my own using temp tattoos and clear base coat nail polish.

Realize this is a bump thread, but will vouch for Magic Your Band. Used them a couple times designing our own bands and happy with the results. Did get a bit of peel back on the 2.0 version last year near the center where the 2 ends meet, but that was after a week with being in the water parks. Also didn't clean then before hand, so will try that this year.

Really like the design your own function... That way yours is totally unique, and you get what you want if not in to the Disney ones. My son likes Pokemon and I like sports teams.

Anyone know the size of just the mickey head (not the whole puck)? I've got a circuit machine to print them but can't seem to find the size of just that part of the band...

Those are great. How did you design them? Was there a software package you used? A pattern for the band, etc? Thanks!
Thank you! I did all the design work in Adobe Photoshop. The template (really just kind of the outline, showing you what area will be part of the printed band) came directly from MagicYourBand. I do enjoy playing around with graphics.

I would be more than happy to modify any of my designs for anyone whom might want to use them. I can provide a .jpg file which can be uploaded directly to MagicYourBand for printing.

I bought two Halloween designs from Magic Your Band since we’ll be there in October and are going to MNSSHP. One has glow in the dark skeletons and one looks like HM wallpaper.

Last edited:
Thank you! I did all the design work in Adobe Photoshop. The template (really just kind of the outline, showing you what area will be part of the printed band) came directly from MagicYourBand. I do enjoy playing around with graphics.

I would be more than happy to modify any of my designs for anyone whom might want to use them. I can provide a .jpg file which can be uploaded directly to MagicYourBand for printing.

Did the template you used have the Mickey head on it? I want to change the colour of just the Mickey head, not the whole puck, but I can't seem to find a template with a Mickey outline.

Can you post the template?

Thanks

I did have a problem with one of my skins lifting, but as was pointed out by the MagicYourBand folks, it was due to the band being kind of dusty, which I assume is some kind of release agent that helps them get the bands out of the molds when they are manufactured. A good, thorough cleaning with rubbing alcohol prior to affixing the second skin solved the problem quite nicely. The second skin lived through two full weeks in the parks, swimming, downpours, sweat, sun screen, and they still look great now, a full year later.

The best feature though, is the ability to print fully custom designs. I designed all of our own skins, and then had them printed by MagicYourBand, and I couldn't be happier with the results!

These are two of my designs from last year.

View attachment 326594 View attachment 326595
Your designs came out nice, but I'm curious why you have Dianna Agron on the Sleeping Beauty one? She's never played Sleeping Beauty that I'm aware of.

Did the template you used have the Mickey head on it? I want to change the colour of just the Mickey head, not the whole puck, but I can't seem to find a template with a Mickey outline.

Can you post the template?

Thanks
The template I used has just a thin outline for the entire puck. It does not outline just the mickey head, and to be honest, I don't think that a vinyl sticker would take to just the mickey head well.

Your designs came out nice, but I'm curious why you have Dianna Agron on the Sleeping Beauty one? She's never played Sleeping Beauty that I'm aware of.
hahaha, because I am an idiot, and did a quick google image search, which turned up that image of her, and I used it, but apparently, it was just some fan created deal where they wish she would play the role. I didn't take time to read, or think about it, just used the image.

I just bought waterslide printer paper to make my own. I'm not sure why I always want to do things the hard way. The good news is I have over a year to figure it out.

Would you be able to send me the template? I've been looking everywhere! Thanks!

I was able to get the template from the website, but it's not properly sized. What are the approximate measurements?

Here are ours for this year. We get new ones for each trip and they hold up great. We don't even think about taking them off to swim and they're still fine. Aren't they cute??:) These came from ShopEmilyG on Etsy.

Attachments

• IMG_5430.JPG
    IMG_5430.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter