Vinyl Overlay on Magic Band

mmeb144

I do my own theme song.
Anyone done this? Here's a sample of someone from etsy who creates and sells them:

MBVinyl050514.jpg

Crystals Creative Shop

My DD19 really wants to decorate our magic bands. I'm looking for something cool and easy. Help!

I've only been to WDW once after they rolled out the magic bands, and I didn't decorate ours, however, I'm planning on decorating them next time. I found this thread with LOTS of creative ideas from fellow DISers for decorating our magic bands: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3190181

People use everything from fun duct tape to paint pens to nail polish to temporary tattoos. I like that Etsy sellers are getting into this!

Has anyone actually worn these on their magic band? They look cool, but so far, no one has reported on how well they hold up in the park. Thanks!

We used MagicYourBand to decorate our MB's for last year's Star Wars Weekends. Good price, quick delivery, easy to put on and they're still on after days in the parks and more than a year later!

We got our order from MagicYourBand in no time at all. They're exactly as ordered. They cost $6- $8 each.

A friend used them on her trip, and recommends them highly. I'll let you know after our trip.

We have ordered some from a different Etsy shop, and had great luck with them! We put a couple of coats of clear nail polish over them to protect them, and haven't had any peeling, cracking or fading. Some of them are about to go on their 3rd trip!

Has anyone actually worn these on their magic band? They look cool, but so far, no one has reported on how well they hold up in the park. Thanks!
I've been putting covers on my bands since Disney started using Magic Bands, they hold up great.

I used temporary tattoos, coated with clear acrylic paint (I think that's what I used!) on ours.

Anyone buy the vinyl sticker type off etsy? Not the whole cover type like showed above, but more individual type like a character sticker. We're thinking of getting those. Was wondering if they come off or peel off in the park after a few days.

I just received my covers from MagicYourBand. They were nice enough to send me a template which I was able to use in Photoshop to design my own images. I couldn't be happier with the results. They look amazing!

We bought some from another seller on Etsy (CyndyBcreations) and some from another place online (eta- magicyourband.). I wore the two bands alternatively for 8 days and even swam in them once or twice and everything stayed put. My son had a BB8 decal that a little piece peeled from one of them but that was it.

Anyone buy the vinyl sticker type off etsy? Not the whole cover type like showed above, but more individual type like a character sticker. We're thinking of getting those. Was wondering if they come off or peel off in the park after a few days.

One of mine and the BB8 were the sticker kind. They didn't peel off except a tiny piece of one of the bb8s. Perhaps it was never on well to begin with.

One of mine and the BB8 were the sticker kind. They didn't peel off except a tiny piece of one of the bb8s. Perhaps it was never on well to begin with.

I can only speak for ours but it's pretty rare to hear of them lifting, as ours fit right to the edge of the colored part of the band (rather than being smaller) once they're on they're on but one thing you can so is to blow them over with a war hair dryer and then press them down firmly. We also use a print process that is resistant to almost all chemicals (including sunscreen) and is 100% waterproof. Something to consider when looking at the available options.

I just received my covers from MagicYourBand. They were nice enough to send me a template which I was able to use in Photoshop to design my own images. I couldn't be happier with the results. They look amazing!

@MagicYourBand is this true about the template? Can we design our own and you print them out? If so, do you have any restrictions on using Disney IPs or anything?

I'd love to decorate our bands, but I guess Disney legal is so strict anything I've seen so far is just representations of characters and locations. As a professional graphic designer, I have no problem designing my own.

@MagicYourBand is this true about the template? Can we design our own and you print them out? If so, do you have any restrictions on using Disney IPs or anything?

I'd love to decorate our bands, but I guess Disney legal is so strict anything I've seen so far is just representations of characters and locations. As a professional graphic designer, I have no problem designing my own.

All true! :) We have a unique online design too where you can upload your own designs or customize ours. Drop me an email through the website or via our live chat and I'll be able to send you a template that you can use in Photoshop or similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter