Vinyl Overlay on Magic Band

We have used used some from MagicYourBand and one other than place (name isn't coming to me). Ones from MagicYourBand worked great and are still going strong 4 trips later. They are vinyl. The ones from the other place didn't last more than a few hours. They were flimsy paper not vinyl. Ended up peeling right off...Partly because of the Florida humidity...and partly because they weren't vinyl, they didn't mold to the band as well. Sorry the name of that company isn't coming to me. I would just suggest to make sure you stick with vinyl.

I guess I must have gotten a bad batch. I ordered these last year and applied them exactly as directed by the store owner - who I contacted personally just to make sure I was doing it right - and by day three of our trip they'd all fallen off. And they were definitely vinyl. I was so bummed because for the past three trips I decorated ours with nail polish and paint and they were so cute and festive -decided to used the stickers and they didn't work, so I had to suffer through with a plain band the rest of the trip, lol.

@MagicYourBand is this true about the template? Can we design our own and you print them out? If so, do you have any restrictions on using Disney IPs or anything?

I'd love to decorate our bands, but I guess Disney legal is so strict anything I've seen so far is just representations of characters and locations. As a professional graphic designer, I have no problem designing my own.

Custom images by me, printed by MagicYourBand.com

MagicBand.jpg

I can only speak for ours but it's pretty rare to hear of them lifting, as ours fit right to the edge of the colored part of the band (rather than being smaller) once they're on they're on but one thing you can so is to blow them over with a war hair dryer and then press them down firmly. We also use a print process that is resistant to almost all chemicals (including sunscreen) and is 100% waterproof. Something to consider when looking at the available options.
I apologize! I should have been clearer. Your decor stayed on perfectly and we loved them. I especially loved my Haunted Mansion one. Thank you for an awesome and reasonably priced product :)

The vinyl sticker that came off was from Etsy. It was just one little part though that lifted otherwise they worked too. (One had a lot of filigree and tiny Mickeys and even they stayed put. So cute.)

I apologize! I should have been clearer. Your decor stayed on perfectly and we loved them. I especially loved my Haunted Mansion one. Thank you for an awesome and reasonably priced product :)

The vinyl sticker that came off was from Etsy. It was just one little part though that lifted otherwise they worked too. (One had a lot of filigree and tiny Mickeys and even they stayed put. So cute.)

Phew! :)

We used the Magic Your Band ones last year. They stayed on the entire trip and they are still on the bands now (sitting on a shelf).

After trying a few online options & being disappointed - I now only order from www.myfantasybands.com.

Beautifully designed, a ton of choice, excellent customer service and very durable/easy to use.

We've received a ton of compliments & requests for the website from both guests & CMs!

We have several that are covered with decals from Magic My Band. The oldest have been used for 3 weeks total at Disney over the course of a year and a half and are still going strong. I haven't had any issues with lifting, fading, and the bands still look great. DH ran a marathon wearing his (and you can imagine the amount of sweat that was on it), used it for the remainder of the week and several times since then with no issues. I would highly recommend.

It's probably worth pointing out that since the change to MagicBand 2 and the new packaging, even new MagicBands can arrive a little dirty. We'd recommend wiping them with rubbing alcohol first to make sure they are clean before applying the Skins. There's a guide to applying them in the FAQ on our website too.

Also, our Skins use ink and vinyl that is resistant to solvents. Please be careful if you purchase elsewhere as the ink from other suppliers will come off with sunscreen.

I ordered a Lilly Pulitzer inspired magic band vinyl cover for my last trip from Etsy. It looked so great on my pink magic band and I got so many compliments on it in the parks. The vinyl stayed on for my whole 2 week trip, but the design did not. Maybe 2 weeks of constant wear including swimming and sunscreen was just too much for the ink.

That would not stop me from ordering again though :)

I ordered a Lilly Pulitzer inspired magic band vinyl cover for my last trip from Etsy. It looked so great on my pink magic band and I got so many compliments on it in the parks. The vinyl stayed on for my whole 2 week trip, but the design did not. Maybe 2 weeks of constant wear including swimming and sunscreen was just too much for the ink.

You can try myfantasybands.com - I absolutely love their designs & never had a problem with the ink wearing off, even through pools, water parks & sunscreen.

Ours are 100% waterproof and wont come off with sunscreen.

I got ours from ThimbleThreadDotCom from etsy and we wore them the beginning of this month on our 6/3-6/11 trip and they stayed on no problem. We did not do any clear nail polish over them either.

We got ours from magicyourband last time. They worked great! I got the glow in the dark ones and got lots of compliments on it, it was purple and white plaid!

I recently ordered from magicyourband.com and they arrived very quickly. I haven't used them yet because my trip isn't until August and the magic bands have not arrived yet. One thing to note is they shipped two of each that I ordered so if anything happens to one I have an extra of all the designs!

I purchased several sets for my family for a different Etsy vendor. They held up pretty well. Just be careful when adhering to your magic band. They can be a bit hard to straighten out if you put them on crooked!

I purchased several sets for my family for a different Etsy vendor. They held up pretty well. Just be careful when adhering to your magic band. They can be a bit hard to straighten out if you put them on crooked!

It's also worth mentioning to take care with decals purchased form Etsy sellers. These are typically not laminated or are printed with solvent inks. This often means that they are not waterproof or not resistant to sunscreen. The ink can come off and easily stain clothes.

We don's use solvent inks so our Skins are 100% waterproof, sunscreen resistant and UV resistant. They also fit the shape of the MagicBand properly!

We have ordered from multiple sellers in ETSY and ahv enot had any problems with the vinyl sticking to the band. Love all the options and the ability to even create a totally custom skin. they did not come loose when it was hot or rained on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter