Victoria & Albert's July 30, 2022 Review

Your personal recommendation (which I think is a great option) is significantly higher priced than when we did the chef's table! granted we didn't do a wine or beverage pairing, but even without that, it is more expensive. Wonder how much the chef's table will be once they offer it again!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...t-and-spa/chef-table-at-victoria-and-alberts/

Prices
Although subject to change, the prix-fixe menu is $425.00 per Guest. Optional wine pairings start at $200.00 per Guest. Zero-proof pairings start at $110.00 per Guest.

Prices are subject to change and do not include tax or gratuity.

I can't find this on the official Disney site, but the blogs all said that there's a minimum of 4 people per Chef's Table reservation, and maximum of 6.

Your personal recommendation (which I think is a great option) is significantly higher priced than when we did the chef's table! granted we didn't do a wine or beverage pairing, but even without that, it is more expensive. Wonder how much the chef's table will be once they offer it again!

$425

Same here. We were 2 people that went to the Chef's Table when we went before the shutdown. Now with 4 people, I'm thinking the best we can do is QV.

Honestly, I can understand why people may be interested in the Chef's Table, but personally, I am not interested as I have toured that room and is it the exact opposite of a romantic and quiet dinner date. In other words, the chef's table is loud, distracting, and you are eating basically inside the kitchen. Now if you are a total foodie that wants to hear the chef explain all his creations and watch all the assistant chefs prepare the food, then this place will be amazing for you. I agree the Chef's Table is a cool option, but it is defiantly NOT better than the Queen's Room or even the standard dining room, it is just more expensive and different.

$425

Honestly, I can understand why people may be interested in the Chef's Table, but personally, I am not interested as I have toured that room and is it the exact opposite of a romantic and quiet dinner date. In other words, the chef's table is loud, distracting, and you are eating basically inside the kitchen. Now if you are a total foodie that wants to hear the chef explain all his creations and watch all the assistant chefs prepare the food, then this place will be amazing for you. I agree the Chef's Table is a cool option, but it is defiantly NOT better than the Queen's Room or even the standard dining room, it is just more expensive and different.
We chose it because we are total foodies and wanted that aspect, not necessarily a romantic dinner.

We chose it because we are total foodies and wanted that aspect, not necessarily a romantic dinner.
It’s been my experience with “Chef’s Tablea” that there’s not much to see, except people running around and using squeeze bittles and tweezers. Not much of a “foodie” experience. IMO. If I’m paying someone bit bucks for a special experience I want the whole nine yards, not an ugly peel behind the curtain.

We dined on 9/1 and the Chef's Table was in-use. We had a kitchen tour prior to dinner and it was seated with four people. I remember reading recently that it wasn't clear if CT was in operation yet, so just sharing my observations.

It’s been my experience with “Chef’s Tablea” that there’s not much to see, except people running around and using squeeze bittles and tweezers. Not much of a “foodie” experience. IMO. If I’m paying someone bit bucks for a special experience I want the whole nine yards, not an ugly peel behind the curtain.
We've been lucky enough to do Chef's Table twice (obviously pre-COVID) and we had the opposite experience ... but also had opposite intentions for the dinner. I think it's great that they have different options. We were a group who wanted a more casual experience (not necessarily romantic) where we could laugh and joke without worrying we were disturbing other diners, men didn't have to wear jackets, and we're also super into the cooking and kitchen details.

We interacted a fair amount with the cooks on the line- more as the evening went on and tables were progressing to dessert. Not sure if it made a difference but we expressed to our servers and the chef when they came in for the welcome toast that we were super into all the details and would love as much info as they could share. We were very careful not to interrupt them (and there were definitely some intense periods where they were singularly focused on getting dishes out) but as the night progressed and they saw how curious we were, the chefs started volunteering more as they were able. We even ended one night with a little discussion about the show Top Chef and how it did/didn't reflect actual chef experience.

We loved Chef's Table but can totally understand preferring the dining room atmosphere.

We loved Chef's Table but can totally understand preferring the dining room atmosphere.

And there in lies the beauty of having options

Main Dining Room = Awesome, romantic, quiet, and relaxing experience with options of standard 8 course menu ($295) or 10 course menu ($375)

Queen Victoria's Room = Awesome, romantic, quiet, and relaxing experience (more private than Main Dining Room as it is limited to 4 couples or 12 guests maximum seated in a separate smaller room) with only option of 10 course menu ($375)

Chef's Table = Awesome, less romantic, relatively loud, no harp music, exciting behind the scenes view of all the action in the kitchen with detailed explanations of the food items as told by the chef, for serious foodies that wants to see what happens behind the curtain to create all the magic - 6 guests maximum ($425)

We dined on 9/1 and the Chef's Table was in-use. We had a kitchen tour prior to dinner and it was seated with four people. I remember reading recently that it wasn't clear if CT was in operation yet, so just sharing my observations.
Well, now that it is out of the bag, we ate at the Chef's Table a month ago. They are phasing it in slowly. More than half the kitchen staff is new and they wanted to roll it out with previous V&A guests. Some of the staff were very welcoming and used to it. You could tell some others were not as comfortable. At the end of our dinner a lot of them came over and they seemed to have a sense of relief that we were normal people and they could have a casual conversation with us.

Overall I thought it was a great experience and a neat way to change things up if you go to V&A a lot. As Doc mentioned, I think I like the normal dining options better. I'm glad we were able to experience it though.

I think it may just be me as everyone seems to love what's on the menu but I find it really underwhelming and disappointing - I just can't put my finger on what it is about it but this has made me reconsider going here in October.

Obviously again I'll say, a lot of people seem to really like the menu and it may just be me on my own but I'm definitely not liking the food choices which is so gutting as I've wanted to visit here for years
If you want a more exotic tasting menu. Try the one at Camille’s in Orlando. It is a twist on Vietnamese/Asian food and looks wonderful. Also about half the price for 10-12 courses.

We went last night, had a great time! The food was delicious although I didn’t like one course. The chef ended up making me a dish not on menu that was really good. Also had no clue you could go into the kitchen and say hi to the chef. I noticed a bunch of people going into the kitchen through our meal and asked our waiter and he said he’d bring us after our meal. Was pretty cool since I’ve never been able to get the chefs table before

The "Zero-Proof beverage" paring was the real surprise for me as I have never done this before and every drink was so complex and so unique and so tasty that is completely surprised me at every sip and the flavors were so interesting that I am now recommending this over the wine parring.
Hahaha…. $132 for water. There’s a sucker born every minute…

I just want to add a few comments.

First off, OP, thanks for this review. It was truly excellent. My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary and had wanted to go to V&A this fall since we'll be down there for Universal trip. I read your entire review and thought it was awesome. Mouth watering and amazing. We ended up never getting reservations though because they were always booked at 6:00 AM each morning 60 days out. I'm guessing that had to do with on-site folks who get 60+7 taking the spots.

I stopped feeling bad about missing the reservations, though, when I then got to your bill post. $1300 for 2? We were there 10 years ago and recall it was just shy of $500 and recalled that it was amazing and worth it (in a masochistic sense)....but today it's more than 2x? No thanks.

Bull & Bear is in our future.

Last edited:
A 14-Course Tasting Menu? Don’t. Just don’t.

Tasting menus. They’re a racket, I tell ya. As a friend put it, they’re an unholy alliance of restaurant tyranny, lack of imagination, and laziness. “Invent” a menu (with the same litany of proteins as everyone else), set it in stone, and never again worry about how many oysters/chickens/pork chops to buy.

And don’t get me started on the folly of Michelin “stars.”

Last edited:
With the reduced dress code, are folks still mostly doing full suit and tie, or are there a lot more in a more business casual type attire now?

Hahaha…. $132 for water. There’s a sucker born every minute…

Just to clarify - I recommended the Zero-Proof drink pairing, not the $132 water (although I was tempted by that option, I agree that the price is high for water). I also did a little research on that $132 water and the price is reflective of the challenges to obtain it and I suggest you do a little more research before making a judgment on a topic you are totally ignorant on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter