Very Scary, Not so Scary, and Everything In Between! 🎃 Updated 12/9. Last day**

The tour sounded very interesting. I love learning how they do things and the backstory. I would have wanted to go back through the same houses after the tour too.

Sounds like the rain really helped on the scares and crowds.

Looking forward to your next chapter.
I’m so glad we did the tour,, it was very interesting. We learned so much about the production and how much goes into making these houses, wow 😯
The rain definitely had an effect on the crowds, positive for us!
All Disney coming up soon!

Caroline, I`m so glad you enjoyed HHN so much and the daytime tours too.....once you do it once, you`re hooked!!!!

Enjoyed your pictures and happy to see PB was so nice too for you....

AK lobby is quite stunning isn`t it.......:)
Thanks you Carole! It really was a fun event for us. We loved the tour! Amazing what goes into designing the houses!
We really enjoyed staying at PB, staff is very nice and helpful, our room was very quiet which was greatly appreciated!
AKL does have a stunning lobby, you can spend a full day just touring this resort and grounds!

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing!
The sundae was very delicious. I’m so glad we tried it!
You are definitely braver than me! I don't think I could handle it at all. Glad you had so much fun though.
Haha thanks! I am proud of myself because this usually is not my thing at all! I’m so glad we did the tour and all the houses, it was actually quite entertaining and we learned so many interesting things
Nothing like the gorgeous AKL lobby!
I agree such a beautiful place!

All caught up. Looks like I'm just in time for Disney. :)

Must say, I had a big smile when you mentioned Neil Diamond and Sweet Caroline being just for you. :flower3:

HHN sounds like a lot of fun. Oh my goodness, that peanut dessert at Toothsome sounds amazing. I need to give that a try.

AKL...one of the prettiest lobbies. Can't wait to hear how your Disney portion of your trip went.

All caught up. Looks like I'm just in time for Disney. :)

Must say, I had a big smile when you mentioned Neil Diamond and Sweet Caroline being just for you. :flower3:
Nice to see you here! Thanks for joining in! :flower1:
Of course the song is about me! :rotfl:

HHN sounds like a lot of fun. Oh my goodness, that peanut dessert at Toothsome sounds amazing. I need to give that a try.

AKL...one of the prettiest lobbies. Can't wait to hear how your Disney portion of your trip went.
I was surprised how much I enjoyed HHN and the sundae, wow it was delicious on so many levels!
AKL is such a beautiful resort. It was like an oasis coming back each day from the parks!

Let’s go to Hollywood via Africa and the Riviera!

D and I were full of excitement for the second part of our trip. I have to say these longer trips are wonderful! I highly recommend! We had 8 glorious nights coming up at one of my favorite places in the world!

We took a Lyft, yes I checked the license plate 👍to AKL.

I had called in to Disney directly for room requests about a month prior to our trip.

I think I mentioned on here, with my last report, Disney doesn’t seem to look at faxes anymore from Touring Plans! I love using TP for the room finder when planning trips! I still use it and call in my requests now.

Our room wasn’t ready yet upon arrival. We met bell services right at the entrance of the resort and we had all our luggage and groceries sent with them! Super nice CM took care of us!

Starting off on a good note! This is the way….

We checked out the lovely lobby and the grounds before getting on our first bus ride to Hollywood!
IMG_2022-10-28-122333.jpg
Earlier this morning, like 7am on the dot, I made a fancy ride ressie for Rise! D has not been to WDW since early 2019 and she loves Star Wars! I was very excited for her to experience GE and Rise.

I didn’t bother with Genie+ today since it was going to be a shorter day in the park. I want to remind all of you, we are back to G, slightly PG ratings now. This includes rides! We will not be riding ToT, RnRC, SD, SM, TT, GotG, Splash…you get the drift….

I was fine with this. I will ride and do love SD, ToT, TT, and Splash. D not so much! I have not tried GotG yet. I think I will eventually.

We arrived in Hollywood around 1:30pm and we decided to jump on the Skyliner. D hasn’t been on it yet and I wanted to do it before the rain started. We had a great ride over to Riviera. I showed D around the resort. We didn’t stay to long because the sky was looking very dark! I was worried about a storm ⛈ moving in.
IMG_2022-10-28-122446.jpg
The Skyliner was still running so we headed back to DHS.

D really liked riding the Skyliner, I thought we would ride again but we never did.

We walked in the park and Daisy and Donald were up on a balcony waving to everyone! Perfect way to enter a park, we loved this!
IMG_2022-10-28-122530.jpg
I checked the wait time for MMRR and the ride was currently down. We walked into TSL and TSM had jumped up to 45 minutes, most likely because MMRR was down.

We decided to do the Frozen show instead. We walked over there and I saw MMRR was back up and running! The line was nonexistent, yay! We basically walked right on. D loved this ride! It is a very fun ride and a little different each time. I’m not so mad 😡 at Disney anymore for taking away The Great Movie Ride, RIP 🪦
IMG_2022-10-28-122643.jpg
IMG_2022-10-28-122752.jpg
D loves popcorn 🍿 so we decided to get a refillable bucket this trip. We got a Star Wars themed one. D gave it to Jack, he is a huge SW nerd! Don’t tell him I said that!

Popcorn in hand, we headed to The Muppets! The skies had been threatening rain for awhile now. I thought Muppets was a great option. I love this show, it never gets old! D loved it as well.
IMG_2022-10-28-122901.jpg
It was raining very hard when we exited the Muppets. We stayed in a corner at the exit under the roof for awhile. We put our rain jackets on. I was able to check in for our SciFi reservation at this time. Our reservation was for 3:45pm.

We walked over to the restaurant and the rain was much lighter now.

We waited about 10 minutes for our table. We were hitchhikers in the back of a car. If you have a party of 2, you can almost guarantee being in a car with other guests. We don’t mind but if you don’t like that type of seating, this restaurant may not be for you.
IMG_2022-10-28-122944.jpg
D loves corny SciFi movies from the 50’s so this place is perfect for her. She has actually watched several of the movies shown as clips here in the restaurant. Haha 😂 I have never seen any of these!
IMG_2022-10-28-123020.jpg
We decided to share the fried pickles and the feature burger with onion rings. The burger had a crab cake on it, weird I know but we wanted to try it.

We both ordered Diet Coke with the old fashioned vanilla syrup added in. Both SciFi and 50’s Prime Time offer the old fashioned fountain syrups in your soda. So yummy!

My food pictures turned out terrible in here, I won’t show these because it just looks like a black blob!

We loved all our food. The burger was delicious! It really was a good combination with the crab cake.

The pickles and onion rings were fried food deliciousness!

Our service was wonderful and this restaurant is such an oasis from the park! Great start to our Disney trip so far!

I got our room ready text during our late lunch and it was for exactly what I requested! Yay 😁

It was just about time for our Rise ressie! Perfect timing.

Since I have been on this ride many times, I was able to get D the best spots for standing during the Preshow and on the transport ship! She loved everything about this attraction!
IMG_2022-10-28-133739.jpg
IMG_2022-10-28-133823.jpg
Everything was working on the ride, big plus! The Kylo REN animatronic was even working! It had not been working at all, our last trip.

We decided to head back to the resort for awhile. We wanted to check out our room and get our luggage 🧳

Room, deck, and a drink!

We took the bus back to AKL and went to our room. We were on the 3rd floor, which is the lobby floor, far enough down the hall but not to far, just right!

We called bell service and our luggage and groceries were delivered.

The rooms have had a soft refurbishment. Wood like floors, raised beds, and a smart TV. We had room 3254, perfect location.
IMG_2022-10-28-133905.jpg
IMG_2022-10-28-133944.jpg
The bathroom was split, with the double sinks in the first part and the toilet and shower in the next room. The shower was a stand alone, no tub 🛀. Notice the comb in the shower? The shower was very clean looking, however, seeing someone else’s comb was gross. It makes you feel like it wasn’t cleaned. We noticed it right away and I thought the cleaning staff would have noticed.
IMG_2022-10-28-134312.jpg

IMG_2022-10-28-134230.jpg
The rest of the room was very clean. There is a small coffee bar area with a small refrigerator below.
IMG_2022-10-28-134114.jpg
IMG_2022-10-28-134024.jpg
IMG_2022-10-28-134420.jpg
We loved our deck and the beautiful Savannah all around us.
IMG_2022-10-28-134504.jpg
I did call the Mousekeeping manager and told him about the comb. He apologized and said he would send Mousekeeping every day for our inconvenience. It was a nice gesture since the cleaning is sparse these days at the resorts.

We tipped every day and wow we had really good service with a few towel Mickey’s and blanket art with our blankets we brought!

We decided to chill out on our deck with a margarita! We did notice a few love bugs this week but not like one other time I was here. May 2019 the love bugs were everywhere!
IMG_2022-10-28-134541.jpg
IMG_2022-10-28-134629.jpg
We had an 8:55pm reservation for Oga’s Cantina. I knew D would love the experience and we would get to be in the park at closing.

We headed back to DHS around 8pm. The weather was hot and humid but no rain now!

We went into GE to look around and Smuggler’s Run was a walk on. I knew D would like this ride and the queue so in we went.

The ride was definitely a walk on, yay!

We took the role we were given rather than wait for pilot.

It was getting close to our Oga’s reservation and we didn’t want to be late.

We were gunners. There were only 2 other people in the ship. They were the pilots and not very good, lol 😝

It was a good ride and we actually did the gunner and engineer roles since no one was behind us.

Hondo thought we were just average!

It was time check in at Oga’s Cantina. We waited about 5 minutes to be brought into the bar. We had a stand up table with 4 other people. A couple, who are “regulars” at Oga’s and a mother and daughter from Scotland! The couple suggested the gold squadron lager for D, she is a beer drinker, and the Beespin Fizz for me. It had rum, pomegranate juice and cranberry juice. It came with dry ice and was smoking and fizzing.

The staff in here is amazing! Our waiter was really into character and had us chanting something in “Star Wars” language?? It really was a fun atmosphere. We were close to the bar area and watched the CM’s really getting into the whole Star Wars vibe. They really make it an immersive experience and add to the SW theme! Both of us really enjoyed our drinks, table mates, and the whole experience. We just had the one drink each. As you all probably know, the drinks are crazy expensive! My drink was pretty small and it was $19.00.

I do think it is worth doing at least once.

We stayed for our 45 minutes and headed out. It was really cool to see GE at night.

I was able to take some night pictures in an empty park.

D was wearing her light up Star Wars ears she got in 2016.

So many people asked her about them. Unfortunately, you can’t get these little beauties anymore.

Pictures of our evening in the next post!

Last edited:
Sounds like a really great night!

I love the AKL rooms, although did they update the lights in the bathroom over the sinks? I remember they always looked a little yellow.
I guess the positive to the comb incident is that you got Mousekeeping every day. (I think I remember you and Andi switching resorts after 3 days to ensure mousekeeping. Maybe I'm confusing my DISers, though. Too early in the morning for my brain to work. :rotfl: )

You definitely go to Oga's for the experience, not for the prices!

I have not tried GotG yet. I think I will eventually

Definitely give it a shot! The ride is so smooth that it doesn't feel as intense as other, shaky coasters. You get pulled around a lot, but never in such a way that you pull your neck or anything. Plus, that soundtrack had us singing gleefully every ride!

We walked over there and I saw MMRR was back up and running! The line was nonexistent, yay! We basically walked right on. D loved this ride! It is a very fun ride and a little different each time.

Great timing! This is now one of my girls' favorites, too

I got our room ready text during our late lunch and it was for exactly what I requested! Yay 😁
What a great feeling! Especially for a longer trip.

What a great evening! Good food, great drinks and fab company- can’t really wish for more! HS has so much going for it now and there’s nothing better than strolling through an empty park at the end of a great night.

We walked in the park and Daisy and Donald were up on a balcony waving to everyone! Perfect way to enter a park, we loved this!
Nothing better!
We decided to do the Frozen show instead. We walked over there and I saw MMRR was back up and running! The line was nonexistent, yay! We basically walked right on. D loved this ride! It is a very fun ride and a little different each time. I’m not so mad 😡 at Disney anymore for taking away The Great Movie Ride, RIP 🪦
I love the Frozen show! I finally did MMRR this summer and LOVED it!
Popcorn in hand, we headed to The Muppets! The skies had been threatening rain for awhile now. I thought Muppets was a great option. I love this show, it never gets old! D loved it as well.
Always a good option!
Our service was wonderful and this restaurant is such an oasis from the park! Great start to our Disney trip so far!
I love Sci-Fi! Really hoping I can get a reservation there when I take the boys next summer.
The rooms have had a soft refurbishment. Wood like floors, raised beds, and a smart TV. We had room 3254, perfect location.
The rooms look great. The DVC side is looking a bit dingy and needs a full refresh TBH.
We tipped every day and wow we had really good service with a few towel Mickey’s and blanket art with our blankets we brought!
You really need to bring your own blankets with the terrible Disney bedding.
We headed back to DHS around 8pm. The weather was hot and humid but no rain now!

We went into GE to look around and Smuggler’s Run was a walk on. I knew D would like this ride and the queue so in we went.

The ride was definitely a walk on, yay!

We took the role we were given rather than wait for pilot.

It was getting close to our Oga’s reservation and we didn’t want to be late.

We were gunners. There were only 2 other people in the ship. They were the pilots and not very good, lol 😝

It was a good ride and we actually did the gunner and engineer roles since no one was behind us.

Hondo thought we were just average!
Such a fun evening! I have never been a pilot butI enjoy this ride. I think Stu and Jamie will love it!
The staff in here is amazing! Our waiter was really into character and had us chanting something in “Star Wars” language?? It really was a fun atmosphere. We were close to the bar area and watched the CM’s really getting into the whole Star Wars vibe. They really make it an immersive experience and add to the SW theme! Both of us really enjoyed our drinks, table mates, and the whole experience. We just had the one drink each. As you all probably know, the drinks are crazy expensive! My drink was pretty small and it was $19.00.
Oga's is fun but so pricy! Even worse for us Canadians with the 30% exchange. I just try not to look at the bill sometimes, lol!

Real Life Update

Hello Everyone,

Well, if any of you remember our upstairs bathroom update, we finally have most of it done! We still have to touch up some paint and add one more light fixture but for the most part it is done. It came really nice for the most part. We did keep the same countertop which doesn’t look as white now with the new sinks. I think it is fine for a guest bathroom. So far my sister, brother, sil, Jack, and Andi have used it and really like the new shower! Here are pictures starting with the old tub and tile, sorry I didn’t take a picture of the ugly wallpaper lol 😆
IMG_2022-10-30-172314.jpg
Followed by the resurfaced tub and tile, sinks, light!
IMG_2022-10-30-171555.jpg
IMG_2022-10-30-171705.jpg
IMG_2022-10-30-171744.jpg
IMG_2022-10-30-171846.jpg
IMG_2022-10-30-172010.jpg
IMG_2022-10-30-172132.jpg

I also wanted to let you all know I am doing a solo trip in December!
1667171206271.jpeg
I’m really excited 😊 My dates are 12/10-12/17 and I will be staying at POFQ.

Some of my Epic and Dis friends will be down at the same time!

I plan to do the CandleLight Processional on 12/12 with Susan, Karamie, Cloe and the spouses of Susan and Cloe. We are having dinner at Biergarten.

Karamie and I also plan on breakfast at Topolinos along with spending some time together at the parks.

I did make a reservation for Spice Road Table to watch Harmonious. I still haven’t watched the whole show and it will be changing again.

I’m undecided on doing the Christmas Party, there are 3 the week I will be there and none are sold out at this time.

I don’t have any other ADRs at this time.

I plan to spend time at DS, doing the tree trail, eating, and shopping.

I plan to do The Lion King show and The Nemo show. I hope the magical menagerie is at AK again. I loved the animal puppets!

I had renewed my AP at the end of September! It was a little sad because I didn’t renew Andi’s AP. 🥲

We still plan on doing at least one trip together each year. I plan on several more trips next year!

I will be back tomorrow with another update! We spend the day at my favorite park AK!

Of course the song is about me! :rotfl:

We took a Lyft, yes I checked the license plate 👍to AKL.

Earlier this morning, like 7am on the dot, I made a fancy ride ressie for Rise! D has not been to WDW since early 2019 and she loves Star Wars! I was very excited for her to experience GE and Rise.
Pretty much the perfect ride for a SW lover.
We walked over there and I saw MMRR was back up and running! The line was nonexistent, yay! We basically walked right on.
Great timing!
D loves corny SciFi movies from the 50’s so this place is perfect for her. She has actually watched several of the movies shown as clips here in the restaurant. Haha 😂
:laughing: I've seen some, but not many.
Everything was working on the ride, big plus! The Kylo REN animatronic was even working!
:thumbsup2
Notice the comb in the shower? The shower was very clean looking, however, seeing someone else’s comb was gross. It makes you feel like it wasn’t cleaned.
Ew. I get how it could be missed, I guess, but...
Our waiter was really into character and had us chanting something in “Star Wars” language??
:laughing: I like that.
D was wearing her light up Star Wars ears she got in 2016.
:thumbsup2

Your bathroom redo looks great. Love that color blue.

Yay for WDW during the holidays! Sounds like you have some fun stuff planned, whether you decide to do the party or not.

Great night time pictures!
I LOVE Sci-Fi. We had a great time there in February. Food was great too!
It was really fun to be in the park with very few people! Loved it!
I love SciFi as well! The atmosphere is very unique and we have always had a good meal here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter