• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Useless facts/Chit Chat Thread

Today March 4,2011 is,
Employee Appreciation Day 2011.

Don't know about anyone else, but I just didn't feel appreciated today.

Born March 6 1931 Willie Mays, Hall of Fame baseball centerfielder, Giants, New York Mets .

Born March 6 1931 Willie Mays, Hall of Fame baseball centerfielder, Giants, New York Mets .

The "Say Hey Kid" sometimes played first base when he played for the NY Mets back in '72. My dad was a huge Met fan. He took my brothers and I to game at Shea Stadium back then. We had GREAT seats. I remember dad leaning over toward me and pointing to first base. "I want you to remember this day, you're lookin' at the best baseball player of all time".
After the game, we waited as the stadium emptied out. We just sat in our seats watching everyone around us leave until the place was practically empty. Finally, Dad stood up and took a gander around the staidum and said.." Come on guys, guess we gotta call it a day" (it was one of dad's corny expressions" and we always laughed at him and would tease.."Yeah..it IS a Day.." (guess ya had to be there, it was funny at the time :laughing:)
Anyway, by the time we got in the car to leave the stadium the parking lot was pretty empty. There were maybe a handful of cars headed for the exit. Being the oldest I got to sit in the front seat while my brothers smacked and beat one another in the back. I noticed this big car in front of us. "Dad look at that car, it's PINK! (this was before Mary Kay made pink cars..so it was pretty unusual. Especially for a CADILLAC.
Sure enough, Willie Mays was in front of us driving his Pink Cadillac! He waved a "thanks" at my dad for letting him through. I'll never forget the look on my father's face, he was grinning from ear to ear.
Funny thing is, I couldn't tell you who the Mets were playing or if they won or lost, but I remember my dad telling me it would be a day I would remember forever. He was right. Just not for the reason he thought.
God, I miss him.

I hate it when people forward bogus warnings. I have even done it myself a couple times unintentionally...but this one is real, and it's important.

So please send this warning to everyone on your email list.
If someone comes to your front door saying they are checking for ticks due to the Summer weather and asks you to
take your clothes off and spin around with your arms up.....
DO NOT DO IT!! THIS IS A SCAM!!
They only want to see you naked.
I wish I'd gotten this yesterday...I feel so stupid...

Earth is the only planet not named after a god.

huh,,I always thought that Uranus was names after a mans butt,,:confused3

Today is National "Kick Butts Day"
It is an annual event that speaks out against big tobacco companies, increases awareness of youth smoking and provides lots of general information at different events. It's easy to take part in the event and show your support for a smoke-free nation.

Remember , the best way to get a kid to stop smoking is to threaten to take them outta the will, :thumbsup2

smoke fish, not cigarettes

Ask yourself: What will I remember doing that will bring me a smile at the moment of my death? Then do it NOW!

and NOW !

and NOW !

and NOW !

okay , you get the idea.

People are willing to walk for seven minutes to get to a McDonald's. That's why you'll find McDonald's restaurants a 14 minute walk apart in downtown areas.

On this day in 4977 B.C., the universe is created, according to German mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler, considered a founder of modern science. Kepler is best known for his theories explaining the motion of planets.

The World of Disney
Goofy is just crazy, Mickey is real cool,
Minnie is so pretty, all Pluto does is drool!
Mortimer is evil, and Pete is too,
Jafar wants the magic lamp, but they'd run if you said "Boo".
Snow White has found her prince, Cinderella has lost her slipper,
Sleeping Beauty has been wakened, and Ariel lost her flipper!
So people who read this poem, you can see that I was busy,
But remember who the creator was, Mr. Walt Disney!

-Ciara, aged 10

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.

(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Animal Kingdom wins Kentucky Derby. When I heard this it took me a minute to figure out it was a horse.

Is this the right place to post "useless crap" ?
Pretty much anything from Wal-Mart made in China is Useless crap.
(I guess that covers bout of 3/4 of everything in Wal-Mart.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter