• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

US refund after 15 mins!

One time I went to the Bronx Zoo at the park's opening and much to my dismay a tiger, 2 elephants and several monkeys were still asleep. The Bronx Zoo should let people know that their animals are subject to sleep at any time. However, kudos go to the Bronx Zoo for giving me my money back.

Then I went for lunch at Wendy's and after eating my triple cheeseburger with everything for 15 minutes, I remembered that I was a vegetarian. Then I realized that McDonal'ds not only invented the concept of fast food, but also hamburgers, and putting ice in refreshing carbonated soft drinks. Wendy's is just a copycat! I spoke to the Wendy's manager and promptly got a refund there as well.

I had the same experience you did, Lookingforward - I went in 95 and was very underwhelmed, but when I returned last year I was really surprised at how far they had come. I don't feel that they are copying Disney - they're all theme parks and they do what they do. I love Disney but I like to check out other attractions. Liking Disney doesn't mean that I have to compare everything to them.

I don't think 15 minutes is enough for a fair judgment - I would have given it an hour at least, but that's me. Even in 1995 when I went I at least lasted the day, figured it was not worth another visit, and left it at that. Believe me, it took many friends and family members to get me back there. I'm glad they did - it's so much fun now!

We are big Disney guys but we are die hard US fans too. I fell in love with US in Hollywood when the only fun thing to do or ride was the studio tram tour. The only thing on that tour was the Jaws, the Pshyco house and the flash flood. US Orlando is a copy of US hollywood with out the history. Disney MGM is a copy of US Hollywood. The studio tram ride at MGM is really nothing compared to US Hollywood. I have a conference in orlando and i will spend at least 15 minutes or more at both wdw and us/ioa.

If it only took her 15 minutes to judge the whole park, she obviously had plans to ask for a refund and leave early way before she entered it. Probably the usual couple of thousand people entered right after her, praising the park and attractions and leaving with achy, blistered feet as usual.

I agree with whoever else brought it up: Betty X, you aren't treated by Disney the way they pamper their VIPs. For all your attempts to "dethrone" Universal, Disney does not compensate you with a darn shred of anything. They may be everything to you, but you are not worth more than what you are willing to pay them.

A little tantrum that won't close Universal anyway, taken for what it is worth and who it came from.

Can you say troll? I knew you could :)

I always find folks like this a riot--this was never intended to do anything but tick people off. I mean, why would anyone come on to a USF board, rant about being there 15 mins (15 minutes?!?!?!? puhleeeze) and demanding money back. And notice it wasn't backed by any facts or real reasons--it was just that she didn't like rides (um hello and you go to a theme park why??) and it had no history or meaning--whatever the heck that means (has this person never watched a Universal movie? obviously not, because the rides and shows there are all tied to a movie or tv show, and one would assume that would give them "meaning")

I tend to remain in lurk mode, but occasionally things like this just spark my interest. This is from a 20 year Disney veteran by the way. Lately I've been very disheartened by Disney, but I haven't posted flames on any of the Disney boards. Everybody has their own opinion, but frankly a blatently incendiary comment such as this automatically triggers my built in troll flag. Sorry folks, had to rant a bit. I will retreat into lurk mode again.....:bounce:

15 minutes is nowhere near enough time to judge an entertianment venue as large as US.

I'd be embarassed to even post something so ridiculous.

I basically kept out of this because I believe to each his own, but...

I absolutely HATED Animal Kingdom and made a conscious effort to like it. In fact I stayed for about 3 hours....

But after coming back I did NOT go over to the Disney Theme Parks board and post this. Why? I knew that there were people there with different likes and dislikes and I would INSULT them by posting that.

You put your head on the guillotine's block by deliberately doing such a thing. Personally, it's not how I like dealing with people in my personal life or in cyberspace.

And when I do, I put on my fireproof suit.

My two cents....

::Snif, snif:: I LOVE the Animal Kingdom!!

You should have stayed only 15 minutes and demanded a refund or suffer the attack of the Madagascar cockroaches hissing at you.
;)

Wanda

Everyone has their own opinion. Let's respect that.

My opinion of US.. on a day when I had a lot of energy I loved it and still do!

Another day.. a couple of years later.. I wasn't feeling too well.. sore feet, headache..blah..blah..blah.. and I absolutely hated US. Too much walking and not enough places to chill out. I remember going to the sit down shows just to rest.

So that day.. I was the type of person that doesn't do rides.. and it was kind of disappointing. But I think I would have been disappointed with MGM that day also.

Maybe all amusement parks should learn from opinions such as these. Not everyone is into rides and walking huge distances in hot weather. I remember Epcot (was it Epcot?) used to have double decker buses to get around the park. I could walk to an attraction faster but my Mom liked to take the bus..to chill out. Now that I am older..I understand.

To BettyX...thank you for your opinion and enjoy Disney World. Whenever you post a contrary opinion you will get negative responses. So just ignore them and have fun at Disney. And please understand that many of us absolutely ADORE IOA and US and get very defensive about their merits (RIDES!!!!!).

Originally posted by Humpbacks1962
::Snif, snif:: I LOVE the Animal Kingdom!!

You should have stayed only 15 minutes and demanded a refund or suffer the attack of the Madagascar cockroaches hissing at you.
;)

Wanda

See? I ended up hurting Wanda's feelings! I'm sooooo sorry, Wanda. But I DO realize that everyone has their druthers and something not to my liking may just be what the doctor ordered for someone else... so sorry... :o

No need to apologize, my pretty. It was all in jest ;)

But I do love the AK! Mainly because animals aren't forced to perform for their meals, they have ample living space, opportunities to hide from gazers if they want to (a.k.a. privacy on demand) and do not live behind bars :bounce:
It is so different that if anyone expected a zoo or an amusement park, he/she will be disappointed. I go to Universal & other Disney parks for the adrenalin rush, I go to the AK for the spiritual connection.

Wanda

now the most berated attraction in orlando is alittle theme park just south of disney called Splendid China I was able to go in free one time with my family and it took me two hours to see everything cause none of the shows were open and we only saw close to 20 guests through out the entire park. Now if I was able to stay for two hours just to see exhibits and why can't people even make it past the Main store in Universal and they end up demanding a refund in 15 mins? There's something wrong.
To conclude it seems to be a one sided conversation going on here and everyone is entitled to their own opion about something either good or bad but Betty X you were so mistakenly wrong to judge something just by the looks of the area if you went into Universal and expecting to see Mickey/ fantasyland type of theme park you were mistakened. Universal is a real, live recording studio for movies, tv shows, commercials, and music videos. In conclude I think we should all stop this topic right here with this post and in the future don't judge something within minutes give it the whole day afterall what do you got to loss. Except for Dignity:( :( :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Betty X
. We were shown a back exit to leave so that nobody could see us leaving.

And by the way, you were taken out of a "back exit" so you wouldnt take the money and then go run off and play in the park for the rest of the day. Not so nobody could see you leaving. (i dont think someone leaving the park at 9:20 is a show-stopper to other people, is it?)

:)

you were taken out of a "back exit" so you wouldnt take the money and then go run off and play in the park for the rest of the day. Not so nobody could see you leaving.

She rode the movies alright: She believed she was a dangerous character in the park :crazy:

If BettyX would've went through the normal exit and not feel like a star going through a "backdoor exit" people coming into the park would feel like "just one less ignorant group to deal" that or "just another group thinking its Disney"

Originally posted by Humpbacks1962
I have met several Disney die-hard fans that knew they'd hate Universal before they walked in it. It is like they were on a hilarious mission to go through all the hassle of visiting the parks just to let the Universal CMs know they were hated. Like, they could have used an empowering adrenalin rush or self esteem boost that day and the thought of victimizing poor Universal cast members was satisfying...
For all they cared...

You are right about this, everything guests do to us and I mean being yelled at, swung at, spit at, cursed at, kicked at, laughed a and etc. everything that happens is left at work and we go home every night and go to sleep andget up the next day and do it all over again. In order to work with some of these guests that are rude to the employees you kinda have to put yourself in a trancelike state.

I have never heard of a park refunding your money cause you don't like it. do most parks do this and just how long would one get to like it or not? 15 min.? 1/2 an hour?
I guess because I am mom and my two boys love every park we have ever been too, it does not matter much to me if I like it or not. But then again, if I went with just hubby and didn't have a good time, I probably would not go back. But I don't know if I could go demand a refund after such a short time. I would probably be too embarrassed.
Some people can come to a conclusion alot quicker than others, for me, I guess I am slow. When you have kids, seems like you are always doing something that you would rather not, so not liking something sometimes seems rather "typical"
JMO

A family walking out as we are walking in-YEESS, 4 less people to get in my way of the rides.

Easy on the Canadian jokes o.k. The rest of us loved these 2 parks.

Wow. I actually had the exect same experience at US a few years ago. I did give it more than 15 minutes but within 15 minutes I could tell that this park had no substance and it made us very depressed. This was pre-IOA so we did it first thing (US is NOT an early morning park) and walked around looking around and riding a few of the tacky movie rides. Earthquake got stuck and did not work properly so they left us on it, backed it up after several mintues and started it all over again (ugh!). We had really been looking forward to it all week and we are probably spoiled since US in LA is so much better and REAL. Fortunately it was at the end of our trip so it did not put a downer on the rest of the trip. I go back each year and poke my head in for 1/2 hour or so with my hopper to ride MIB, Back to the Future, Twister and other new rides but the park just lacks atmosphere. It is sad that people would attack the poster rather than just try to see things from a different perspective once in a while. I cannot buy the argument that she did not give it enough time cause with US specifically you can get an impression at the very beginning. It still makes me sad thinking how much we had expected and how depressed we felt after we were done. :(
I visit Orlando each year including US. I do not like coasters (prefer BTF/MIB) but I enjoy IOA park a whole lot more. We have a tendency to do parks that we like in 3-4 hours. I do enjoy US in 1 hour increments.

Hey, no one "attacks" anyone here. Everyone just posts their opinion.
I, personally, prefer more people to stay outta my way at USF & IOA.
Excuse me now, I've gotta go find more dead horses to kick!
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter