• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

US refund after 15 mins!

If I went to Epcot at 10 am and tried to hit World Showcase, then I would be disappointed everything was closed until noon. Personally, 15 minutes is not enough to judge a park. There are several rides open right at 9 am. Take a spin on MIB and BTTF. See what those rides are like.

As for a history to the park, it's been around for over 10 years, so surely it must have a history.

I need to warn everyone that some of the response are not civil. Please review board posting rules if you are unfamiliar with them. Any further uncivil replies will cause this post to become locked. Thank you.

We had a great time at US/IOA last October. :) My kids loved the Barney show at US and Suess Land at IOA. I have to say I was very impressed too. ;) The Cat in the Hat ride was awesome! :)

DH and I loved Spiderman... I think it's our favorite. :)

If you don't like rides then maybe an amusement park isn't a good vacation spot? Maybe next time try the Disney Vero Beach resort or a Disney Cruise. ;)

I think that part of the problem, Betty X is that you came here, to a Universal discussion board, to air your displeasure. Ok, fine...but the problem with that is, that while people can't fault you for not liking something, you say that you gave it 15 minutes. That makes it a little unbelievable to most of us that you could possibly have gone in there with an open mind, that's all. Universal has some very good street entertainment, and the characters are most always personable and fun. The kids have characters like Rocky and Bullwinkle (and I'm not sure WHAT your problem IS with them...exactly) and rugrats and the Wild Thornberrys...and they have adult characters like Lucy, Laurel and Hardy, Marilyn Monroe and the Marx Brothers...
Their theming is pretty good, with a couple of attractions smooshed in somewhat out of area...
I've never seen the studios dirty, and certainly not at 9am, they just repaved the streets...
And, if you can't tell by my name...I've been a die hard Disney fan, for quite some time, but they aren't all there is. In fact, due to guest service issues there lately, and for other reasons, myself and some friends are sad to say we might not even renew our passes there when they expire. Universal is trying harder, and doing a good job of it, but you have to spend some time there to find out, I guess.
Honestly, I just don't get it. It's like saying you didn't like the meal when all you had was the bread.
Sorry this got ugly, but you should be able to see why it's hard for people to understand...but then, maybe not. You asked where you went wrong, I'd have to say "US refund after 15 minutes" about sums it up.:D

Karen

Just a comment, then like many here, I'll move on.

Would Disney do the same? I don't think so.

Do you mean, would Disney give a refund after 15 minutes? I am not sure as I have never had a bad experience at a Disney Park. I would only hope that they would handle the situation like the US staff member did. We were allowed to tell him the reasons why we wanted a refund, and they were noted on a card of some sort. A satisfactory ending to an unfulfilling experience.

As this is the US/IOA board I felt it appropriate to post here. I have made a similar post on the DVC board as I am a DVC member. As I have been to the Disney Parks for the last four years I was looking to try something new in visiting US. During our trip we also spent a week in Vero Beach at the Disney Resort.

Ditto, MsDis.
why even bother to post and what credibility does 15 minutes give anyone about anything???:confused:

I agree with all the above posters that fifteen minutes may be too little time to give US a fair shake. My question though is for MsDisney. You said something above the streets being repaved in US. This sounds interesting. Can you explain what that means?

the street that runs in front of T23D, Mel's et all was resurfaced later last year. :smooth:

How Bizarre...I answered this last night...and it's not here! :confused:

Now I KNOW I'm losing it!!!! :(

Karen

Wow...15 Mins.

Isn't Universal Studios ad..." ...where you can ride the movies.

I'm confused as well as why you go to a Theme park or amusment park and "don't like to ride".

I find it hard to beleive that you go to Disney and not ride any of the rides. There would be little left to do in some of the parks other than a stage show or two(which Universal has several of) and places to eat. Isn't most of MK and MGM a ride of some type?

"No history" to whom ? You? Was it that you had never seen any of the movies Universal stuidos is based on or the fact that you had never been and therefore could not have "history" with?

"Copied Disney " how exactly? I don't remember seeing Cindy's castle there. Or do you mean they copied the movie lot theme...sorry but alot of moive lots look like that. Or do you mean copied the rides ? Wait...you don't ride the rides. Copied the food ? Copied the what ?

I agree these trips can be what you make of them ....seems that you went in with a I'm going to hate this attitude" and guess what ...you were right.

It sound like in the 15 minutes you got past the gates and then immediately turned around and asked for a refund. I know when I go to any park I take my time and look at everything as I am walking. This reminds me of the horses in New York with the blinders on to prevent them from getting spooked.

As for the copying, I would have to say that Disney copied Universal. Universal Stuios opened their doors before MGM. I've been a Disney fan for a long time, and I seen no comparison between the parks.

I've been to several different parks owned by different chains. By far I've never seen any of the park so bad that I would leave in the first 15 minutes. I remeber you saying that the park being disgusting, I guess you have never been to a Six Flags Park. I don't think they know the term custodial staff. Universal is one of the cleanist parks that I've been to.

As everybody else has said to each their own.

Yes, MGM opened first, but Universal was on the way. It was definitely a reaction to them coming to town. It was a very fast tracked project just to get opened first. Does anyone remember opening day at MGM? You could do the entire park, every ride and show, inside of 4 or 5 hours.

All I know is that I love Disney and US. I remember seeing a flood scene at Universal Studios California in 1974 that I thought was soooooo cool. When I first went to Disney-MGM and saw the flooding in Catastrophe Canyon, it reminded me very much of the flood scene at US California. What is the difference if something is copied? Both are great places. :)

Come on everyone give BettyX a break. She was using Canadian minutes, she forgot to convert to US minutes. So she really was there for 23.86 minutes.

Actually, 15 minutes Canadian is only worth about 9 minutes American. I wish it was the other way around then I'd be spending 7 days at USF instead of just 4!!!

My favorite parks by far are Disney getting a Premium Annual Pass every year. I got my first AP for Universal last year thinking it would not be that good but have renewed it this year with the $99 offer through AAA. The universal parks are great and have a lot of fun things to do even if you do not like thrill rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter