UPDATED ...Roll Call mouse meets 2010 manchester crowne plazza....pm me info please

If any of you are driving I have just seen that there are expected to be hundreds of motorcyclists protesting at the price of petrol in Manchester today and causing serious delays, according to Manchester police. Grrr

Well, I've been holding off writing this all day, but unfortunately it looks like I won't be coming tomorrow :sad2:

I've been ill with some sort of flu-y thing since the back end of last week and it's just not shifting and seems to be getting worse.:sick: I'm sooooo disappointed that I won't be there, but I hope you all have the best time and hopefully I'll be able to attend next year! :sad1:

It did chear me up a bit that I've made most of my ADR's this morning (lucky most were online as I could barely talk).

Have fun tomorrow and I'll be keeping an eye on Twitter to see what you're all getting up to :hug:

DON'T park in the NCP King Street West!!! I just parked there for a little over two hours for the Frankie & Benny's meal and was charged £11 by the rob-dogs!!!! Grrrr.....

[Edit - having check again, it was actually £13.20 - for two and a bit hours! Even more grrrr....]

Andre

Good morning everyone

We are back from Mousemeets :thumbsup2 We really enjoyed our 2 days away, and the highlights of the weekend were meeting up with our wonderful DIS friends Verity ( VerityChambers), Simon and Evie, Hazel ( Rosie ), Andy, Alice and John and our cruise buddies Lynne ( Orlandothebeagle ) and Len.

We had a lovely meal in the Hard Rock Cafe, and a few drinkies in the Crowne Plaza bar on the Saturday evening. On the Sunday we attended the Mousemeets events: a talk on buying a holiday home in Orlando which has totally put me off ever doing that, a talk on Port Orleans Resort, which was interesting especially as we are staying there in October, a Disney Quiz which we did particularly badly at ( because Lynne and Len missed the second part .... we were even worse without them :rotfl: ). Congratulations to UK DIS-ers Hazel, Sophie, Alice, Verity and Caroline who won the quiz :worship:

There were also Disney collectables on sale and Taryn ( DD ) and her DBF (Matt) bought me a wonderful Disney Traditions Steamboat Willie Mickey figure.

We also got to see a cinema showing of Snow White on the big screen, which was wonderful ( and it was rather scary :scared1: seeing that witch on the big screen )

My only complaint was that the weekend flew by and it was all a bit hectic trying to fit everything in. We didn't get much chance to chat with new people and it was difficult to know who everyone was. We did meet up with Caroline ( cannp ), Sophie ( sorry ... don't know your DIS name) and David (Wickesy ) and his Dad for the first time and that was lovely.

Thanks to Adam ( DisneyBrit )and his team for organising all of this and hopefully it will be repeated next year.

I will post up some photos later when I have uploaded them to photobucket.

We've just got home as well. It was great to meet you Sarah and Verity (despite the fact she kept attacking me with a chair. ;) ) Hopefully the more of these I attend the more my shyness will disappear and I will approach people I vaguely recognise rather than waiting for them to approach me. :blush:

Congratulations to the DIS winners of the trivia quiz who were well ahead of Dad and my pathetic efforts.

Thanks to Adam, Jus and Craig for putting this together and to all the sponsors that helped to fund it. Here's to the next one. :drinking1

It was a good weekend, I really enjoyed meeting lots of fellow Disney enthusiasts. And the Odeon's home cinema BluRay experience was fascinating too... LOL

Hopefully people found the Port Orleans information interesting, and sorry if it overran with a few too many photos! At least on the plus side no one got up and walked out - although in hindsight perhaps that may have been because they'd fallen asleep...

Andre

It was a good weekend, I really enjoyed meeting lots of fellow Disney enthusiasts. And the Odeon's home cinema BluRay experience was fascinating too... LOL

Hopefully people found the Port Orleans information interesting, and sorry if it overran with a few too many photos! At least on the plus side no one got up and walked out - although in hindsight perhaps that may have been because they'd fallen asleep...

Andre

Don't worry Andre, it was clear that you are passionate about the resort and some of the photos you showed are stunning.

Snow White was great especially with 'Walt' at the end. ;)

EDIT: And just to make you feel worse - we parked in the NCP in Watson Street near Manchester Central at about 2:30 on Saturday, took the car out at 9:30 this morning and paid £23.80 - although that was with a 30% discount from Premier Inn.

Andre

We loved your talk Andre .... we are booked into Port Orleans French Quarter for our one night in WDW after our Disney Cruise in October. We booked it mailnly because of your wonderful website. I thought your photos were stunning and we can't wait to visit it for ourselves.

We also had a fantastic time at Mouse Meets 2010. Me and my Dad really enjoyed ourselves all weekend!

It was lovely to meet a couple of Dis'ers too, I would have loved to have found more of you though, but was sorta to shy to stare at people's name badges! :lmao: I only found Verity, Queenie and co because I'd heard them 'woop' when the Dis was mentioned :rotfl2: Congrats on winning the quiz guys!!

I loved Castle China, completely amazed by it and I'll most certainly be saving up for some more pieces from there to go along with my Stitch as Elvis :love: I didn't put him down all weekend, my Dad babysat him for fear of leaving him in our car :rotfl: Beautiful piece and some of the others were just to die for!

The talk from Dial-a-Dream was also very moving, to see the wonderful work those guys do for those kids and their families was amazing! Lovely to talk to them afterwards also.

A thanks to Craig for trading the Stitch pin with me :woohoo: He's been added to PinPics already!

I loved Craig's talk on the buying a house in Florida. It was amazing and actually scary how much has to go into owning your own home over there.

Me and my Dad loved the quiz, even though between us we didn't do too well, still, for the two of us we enjoyed it!! Goodness knows how long it took Adam to think them all up!! :eek:

We also enjoyed Snow White & the Seven Dwarves. I couldn't believe the size of the cinema for a start! I loved it was covered in Toy Story 3 adverts! :laughing: Was lovely to see a Disney classic on the big screen!

The pin trading and traders were brilliant, I was honestly amazed how many pins some people have. I just enjoyed looking through their collections, I had nothing they'd even want to remotely trade :lmao:

All in all, as you've probably guessed, we had an amazing weekend and wouldn't hesitate to be back there if there's one next year! :goodvibes A massive thank-you to Adam, Craig and Juz for organising the weekend, you guys did a great job and kept everyone in order and in the right place at the right time. Loved the live Podcast, I'll most certainly catch up with it once we're back from our trip! :woohoo:

Well we are back from a really fun weekend. I didn't really know what to expect from the Mousemeet, but I enjoyed many aspects of it especially the quiz and the screening of Snow White.
As well as the meet we enjoyed exploring Manchester a little and going on the Manchester eye.
It was nice to meet up with some new friends. Rachel, Caroline and Sophie :wave2: and sorry David, it was my bump that kept attacking you, not me!! ;) It was great to spend some time with Lynn and Len, I really hope we get to meet up with you again, and Evie loved you both!!

But the best bit had to be being with my very good friends sarah and co, and Hazel and co. I love you all lots!!! :lovestruc

It was a fun weekend! I certainly don't fancy buying a property out there after that talk - makes DVC sound great in comparison hassle wise!

Thanks to all of you who bought some stuff from me - we managed to reduce storage space quite well! Did buy one new piece from Castle China so managed to contain myself fairly well (they di have some super stuff!). I was amazed at the pin traders, some very serious traders there!

Well we are back from a really fun weekend. I didn't really know what to expect from the Mousemeet, but I enjoyed many aspects of it especially the quiz and the screening of Snow White.
As well as the meet we enjoyed exploring Manchester a little and going on the Manchester eye.
It was nice to meet up with some new friends. Rachel, Caroline and Sophie :wave2: and sorry David, it was my bump that kept attacking you, not me!! ;) It was great to spend some time with Lynn and Len, I really hope we get to meet up with you again, and Evie loved you both!!

But the best bit had to be being with my very good friends sarah and co, and Hazel and co. I love you all lots!!! :lovestruc

We love you too Verity :hug::hug::hug: Can't wait until the next time :thumbsup2

Thanks guys we had a fan dabby dozy time.:cool1::cool1::cool1:
See you again in just over 4 months .... hopefully the time will fly by :woohoo:

It was a fun weekend! I certainly don't fancy buying a property out there after that talk - makes DVC sound great in comparison hassle wise!

Thanks to all of you who bought some stuff from me - we managed to reduce storage space quite well! Did buy one new piece from Castle China so managed to contain myself fairly well (they di have some super stuff!). I was amazed at the pin traders, some very serious traders there!

I just realised we met you too ... although I was really not thinking and didn't put 2 and 2 together and realise it was you and introduce myself properly, but we bought a wonderful Mickey Mouse tie from you which DH will wear on our cruise :woohoo::woohoo:

Some Photos from Mousemeets:

The Venue:

DSCF7408.jpg

DSCF7410.jpg

DSCF7387-1.jpg

DIS People:

Adam ( DisneyBrit ) and the Mousemeets Team:

DSCF7409.jpg

The Winning Quiz Team: Hazel, Alice, Caroline and Sophie ( Verity missing from photo )

DSCF7406.jpg

Verity, Evie and Sophie:

DSCF7403.jpg

Lynn, Len and Evie:

DSCF7405.jpg

The Hard Rock Cafe:

Matt, Taryn and Caroline:

DSCF7309.jpg

Tony, Danny and Steph:

DSCF7310.jpg

Verity, Simon and Evie:

DSCF7314.jpg

Hazel, Andy, John and Alice:

DSCF7313.jpg

Costumes:

Danny and Steph:

DSCF7332.jpg

Taryn:

DSCF7360.jpg

Danny and Matt:

DSCF7347.jpg

At the Cinema:

DSCF7400.jpg

DSCF7401.jpg

Andre

I found it realy interesting, it was a nice to listen to a talk given by someone who has enthusiasm about their favourite resort.

Thanks to all of you who bought some stuff from me - we managed to reduce storage space quite well!

I was amazed at the pin traders, some very serious traders there!

You may have increased your storage space but we have all lost some :rotfl2: Thank you for having the stall, I have increased my Mouse and mug Collection.

I agree some of the pin traders we very serious about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter