SO I'm looking at my RMN app, it says 10% cashback at shopdisney....expires 10/30- would this work for DGC? I feel silly trying to figure out if I should buy or not
It is a YMMV. It isn't supposed to but it usually does.

You should get an email confirmation about 1 day after the purchase. It takes about 45 days to be available, but they do sometimes claw it back before then.

It is a YMMV. It isn't supposed to but it usually does.

You should get an email confirmation about 1 day after the purchase. It takes about 45 days to be available, but they do sometimes claw it back before then.
so for best outcome, I can combine with a chase offer,correct? or go thru paypal for the extra 5% (it's one or the other,right?)

so for best outcome, I can combine with a chase offer,correct? or go thru paypal for the extra 5% (it's one or the other,right?)
Yes, I would say if you have a credit card offer that would be best. Mine only has 5% atm sadly, but you can combine with that or through paypal if you have the Freedom card with the paypal bonus atm.

Yes, I would say if you have a credit card offer that would be best. Mine only has 5% atm sadly, but you can combine with that or through paypal if you have the Freedom card with the paypal bonus atm.
so if I used a card that has a cashback on it(like 10%) would that count if I ran it thru paypal,or would it count as a paypal transaction,not shopdisney?

so if I used a card that has a cashback on it(like 10%) would that count if I ran it thru paypal,or would it count as a paypal transaction,not shopdisney?
This is YMMV. Some folks on this thread have reported that ShopDisney through Paypal did still trigger the ShopDisney % offers on Chase cards. Others have not had success.

I would probably do separate transactions, one for the amount up to the 10% max and then another for Freedom on Paypal to hit the 5%.
RMN is back down to 5% today though, darn!
This site is all over the place lately; it's going to 5 for a day and then back to 10! I just grabbed at the RMN 10% plus Paypal 5% this morning to get the rest of the spending money I expect to need for our trip in two weeks. Glad it went back to 10 so fast!

450?! o_O

My wife would murder me lol.

Do you find yourself using them all or do you rent them? I have thought about buying more direct if I end up liking this as much as I think I will, but we are a pretty mobile family (we live in Japan half the year) and cannot always commit to going to Disney. But I enjoyed AKL so much I broke down and bought in at OKW because it was the cheapest. If it ends up working out I have thought about buying various point amounts direct to get some of the perks and be able to get first dibs and some of the more premium places. Did you buy in direct or resale?
Lol, well we like to bring folks with us and get 1BR or 2BR villas. We're in our early-mid 30s and bring my parents and younger siblings or bring DH's parents, or bring friends, for a week a year. Plus a weekend trip for MNSSHP.
The thinking was, we'll have the points we need for when we have children (should only be a couple of years now). At first we'll still bring one of our parents but eventually the kids will get older and we'll want to spread out. So we'll be set.

Points are direct but have nothing against resale. We bought Riviera in 2019, at the time paid 165 per point after incentives for 250 pts. It's just the resort we wanted, we love the Skyliner and the artwork. A year later we added on SSR resale, used those points to try out many resorts, and fell in love with BLT.
Earlier this year, DVC had a fire sale on BLT points direct and we jumped on it, and sold SSR to pay for most of it. We churn CCs and it's nice that one can pay direct with a CC. With direct, you also can get the previous year's points and we rented those out to bridge the delta between resale and direct prices. So that's our DVC journey in a nutshell 😆
Next year will probably buy a small contract at Disneyland and that will probably be it. That will take some convincing with DH so I don't think I can push it anymore after that haha

I only have a measly 200pts lol. My hubs made me swear we won't buy any more points. 200pts work well for us since we are a family of 3 but I do have to do some strategic points analyzation when we bring anyone along with us. I love my BLT points for that...nothing like those value/standard rooms! My other contract is at Poly and those are my direct points...won't ever give them up for the direct benefits.

Buying discounted Disney GCs definitely help the pain of paying dues and buying tixs less. I really need the DVC AP to come back...regular tix prices are killing me! Glad I jumped into the URs game with Chase too and we haven't paid for flights on SW for a couple of years now. Now I'm just struggling to figure out how I'm going to use up the rest of the discounted SW GCs that I still have in my possession.

Wasn’t there a Chase bonus that included 25% bonus thru Oct 31 for restaurants and some other stuff? I swear I activated it but I don’t seem to be getting any extra points

I only have a measly 200pts lol. My hubs made me swear we won't buy any more points. 200pts work well for us since we are a family of 3 but I do have to do some strategic points analyzation when we bring anyone along with us. I love my BLT points for that...nothing like those value room! My other contract is at Poly and those are my direct points...won't ever give them up for the direct benefits.

Buying discounted Disney GCs definitely help the pain of paying dues and buying tixs less. I really need the DVC AP to come back...regular tix prices are killing me! Glad I jumped into the URs game with Chase too and we haven't paid for flights on SW for a couple of years now. Now I'm just struggling to figure out how I'm going to use up the rest of the discounted SW GCs that I still have in my possession.
Chase URs are the best! We also have a cp with SW. Actually, having all our flights taken care of and staying at Hyatts for free on non-Disney trips was a big factor in enabling us to afford more DVC. We were able to pivot our other travel spending. And yeah, discounts on DGCs really take some of the sting off the dues and price increases!

This is YMMV. Some folks on this thread have reported that ShopDisney through Paypal did still trigger the ShopDisney % offers on Chase cards. Others have not had success.

I would probably do separate transactions, one for the amount up to the 10% max and then another for Freedom on Paypal to hit the 5%.

This site is all over the place lately; it's going to 5 for a day and then back to 10! I just grabbed at the RMN 10% plus Paypal 5% this morning to get the rest of the spending money I expect to need for our trip in two weeks. Glad it went back to 10 so fast!
My RMN still shows 10%, at least on mobile. I do know there is often a variance between mobile and pc

Wasn’t there a Chase bonus that included 25% bonus thru Oct 31 for restaurants and some other stuff? I swear I activated it but I don’t seem to be getting any extra points
I have increased points on gas and groceries through 12/31 on some of my cards. You can check chase.com/mybonus to see what your current bonus is.

I usually buy the physical DGC from shop Disney. But today when I saw the 10% RMN offer come back I decided to try the e gift. How long does it usually take to come through?

A few hours usually

Agree that it's usually a few hours, but also don't get nervous if it's overnight. I've been doing a lot of these lately because we end up getting ShopDisney percentages on 5-8 cards at a time and they're coming every 4-6 weeks, I'd guess.

I'd say one in ten eGC is inexplicably delayed by up to 24 hours.

I usually buy the physical DGC from shop Disney. But today when I saw the 10% RMN offer come back I decided to try the e gift. How long does it usually take to come through?
I bought one today, already got the confirmation from RMN, but haven't gotten the e card yet.

Agree that it's usually a few hours, but also don't get nervous if it's overnight. I've been doing a lot of these lately because we end up getting ShopDisney percentages on 5-8 cards at a time and they're coming every 4-6 weeks, I'd guess.

I'd say one in ten eGC is inexplicably delayed by up to 24 hours.
Ok, thanks! I appreciate it. I have had the extra percentages on chase cards too but I almost always bought the physical cards, so I didn’t remember how long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter