Updated Canada/US Border Rules Announced 19 July 2021

I will. Will be at DLR Aug 16-20, but I'm having extreme anxiety now about what to do if we test positive trying to come home despite being fully vaxxed and planning to wear masks the whole time.
We’re heading down Aug 26 to San Diego and Sept 1-4 at DLR. We’ll be fully vaxxed as well but I’m nervous too. I think California is in better shape than Florida but it’s still risky! I’ve been looking into travel insurance that would cover quarantine but I’m not having much luck since we’re still at a level 3 travel advisory.

We’re heading down Aug 26 to San Diego and Sept 1-4 at DLR. We’ll be fully vaxxed as well but I’m nervous too. I think California is in better shape than Florida but it’s still risky! I’ve been looking into travel insurance that would cover quarantine but I’m not having much luck since we’re still at a level 3 travel advisory.

I can't find any insurance that covers quarantine, I don't even know how to quarantine down there.

I can't find any insurance that covers quarantine, I don't even know how to quarantine down there.
I’ve found a company that will cover it if we drop down to a level 2 travel advisory but I’m not sure how likely that will be before we leave. I would think we’d just quarantine in a hotel and have food delivered? It’s logistically a bit scary to plan for. I’m not sure what anyone else is planning to do, I haven’t really seen it discussed in depth on here.

I’ve found a company that will cover it if we drop down to a level 2 travel advisory but I’m not sure how likely that will be before we leave. I would think we’d just quarantine in a hotel and have food delivered? It’s logistically a bit scary to plan for. I’m not sure what anyone else is planning to do, I haven’t really seen it discussed in depth on here.

Ok update, Westjet's insurance covers $150 per person per day if you get COVID down there to cover a quarantine hotel. so I feel slightly better.

Ok update, Westjet's insurance covers $150 per person per day if you get COVID down there to cover a quarantine hotel. so I feel slightly better.
We booked through RBC Rewards but are flying WestJet so I wonder if we’d qualify for that? We’ve had flights cancelled and rebooked a couple of times so I’m not sure if that affects coverage.

For those visiting WDW you may wish to keep an eye on the 'Here Now' thread in the Theme Parks board as some are reporting it being almost impossible to get tested. These are people who are at the parks and concerned as they're not feeling well so wanting to be tested. Not sure if they can go to a Walgreens or if it's like here and only asymptomatic people can go to a pharmacy.

Anyway, just wanted to share for those who are possibly heading down soon.

For those visiting WDW you may wish to keep an eye on the 'Here Now' thread in the Theme Parks board as some are reporting it being almost impossible to get tested. These are people who are at the parks and concerned as they're not feeling well so wanting to be tested. Not sure if they can go to a Walgreens or if it's like here and only asymptomatic people can go to a pharmacy.

Anyway, just wanted to share for those who are possibly heading down soon.

Thank you! I was wondering if this was the case. Since tests can only be booked 3 days ahead, it would be wise to have money aside for a plan B.

Anyone try to book right now at Walgreens for the next 3 days? Just to see if any are available??

Thanks. Here is a question I'm pretty sure I know the answer to but have to ask: can you walk through the Walgreens testing drive thru window?
No the faq on the walgreens says you can not walk through for the rapid id now test.

that test to return to Canada and timing is stressing me out too. At least the US test is based on 3 days before. But Canadian test is 72 hrs! So what if flight is delayed? I’ve had instances where plane was broke and they couldn’t find a replacement. So they were finding other flights to put people on. I was delayed hours. This happened twice on 2 different airlines. I have to say Alaska handled it much better than AC.
I think I’m going to time my test at 48 hrs to give me wiggle room incase of delay.
Someone on here somewhere posted that they called Air Canada and asked that specific question. Air Canada apparently said don't worry about that situation (which would make sense as flight delays are beyond customer control). But of course this is all heresay and even if true, you never know what the individual at the gate will allow. We will be within two hours, meaning a two-hour delay is the max before we find out what actually happens for our return...

that test to return to Canada and timing is stressing me out too. At least the US test is based on 3 days before. But Canadian test is 72 hrs! So what if flight is delayed? I’ve had instances where plane was broke and they couldn’t find a replacement. So they were finding other flights to put people on. I was delayed hours. This happened twice on 2 different airlines. I have to say Alaska handled it much better than AC.
I think I’m going to time my test at 48 hrs to give me wiggle room incase of delay.
Can someone please help me understand the difference between 72 hours and 3 days? Does it mean for example if our flight is to land in Canada at 7pm on Friday, I need to be tested sometime between 7pm on the Tuesday and arrival vs. being tested anytime on Tuesday with a landing time anytime on Friday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter