Upcomming announcement speculation thread

So what would you do if you are in the process of purchasing? I wasn't told anything from my guide. I have my paperwork now and was going to submit it on Monday. We're buying 360 AKV points. Would you go ahead and send it in? :confused3

You have that 360 pts. divided into smaller contracts, right? Just checking...;)

And Welcome Home! Soon.

You have that 360 pts. divided into smaller contracts, right? Just checking...;)

And Welcome Home! Soon.

I do! I've gotten lots of advice from the wonderful folks on these boards that I told him I wanted (3) 120 pt contracts. Hope those are small enough but have three kids so will pass them on to them in the future.

Thanks for the Welcome Home! I just love :love: hearing that!!

I am one of those that was told by my guide to hold onto my contract. We bought into BLT and he said that waiting wouldnt hurt... I have spoken with him several times over the past few weeks and there was definitely a different tone in his voice, he really seemed to be saying alot without trying to say anything...

All fingers and toes crossed for some type of incentive at BLT or the annual pass for both DL and WDW, we are hitting both withing a 12 month span, that would be great.

Just my guess, but I highly doubt they were simply told about the new DVC property because my guide wouldnt have told me to hold onto my BLT contract. Again, I could be completely wrong, it has happened a few times before (just ask my wife!!)

I am one of those that was told by my guide to hold onto my contract. We bought into BLT and he said that waiting wouldnt hurt...

Perhaps then it just pertains to BLT property and not AKV. Maybe they are lowering the price for BLT???

Wish they could give us owners some deals on purchasing more points at our resorts. BCV is selling for $106 a point through DVC and $80-89 per points through resale. I was told by my guide they don't reduce the price cause they don't make as much money on resales.

Perhaps then it just pertains to BLT property and not AKV. Maybe they are lowering the price for BLT???
I forgot to mention that my guide told me that he has heard rumors that AKV was going to be getting better incentives... So, obviously the guides are being told about upcoming incentives, whether or not this has happened in the past, it seems to be happening now.

Sorry for leaving this out before...

could the announcement have something to do with online booking that has been rumored?

Just my guess, but I highly doubt they were simply told about the new DVC property because my guide wouldnt have told me to hold onto my BLT contract.

In recent months/years there have been many times when Guides will simply make that recommendation from a better safe than sorry angle. As in "I don't know what incentives will be offered next week but just in case it's better than what you have now, wait a few days before returning the paperwork."

Typically they really are not told what will happen in advance. And when they are given information in advance, SOMEONE usually spills the beans. The fact that it hasn't happened so far adds to my own skepticism.

This time could be different. Time will tell.

Incentives really aren't that good now so it really wouldn't surprise me if better offers materialized. But incentives typically aren't communicated via staff meeting. I don't personally consider new incentives or price increases to be "big announcements."

So what would you do if you are in the process of purchasing? I wasn't told anything from my guide. I have my paperwork now and was going to submit it on Monday. We're buying 360 AKV points. Would you go ahead and send it in? :confused3

The only regret with our purchase was not breaking ours up into more than one contract. If you ever need to sell smaller contracts will be easier. Multiple contracts would have also be easier to pass down to our children.

My guess is extending the other resorts like they did with OKW.

Denise in MI

In recent months/years there have been many times when Guides will simply make that recommendation from a better safe than sorry angle. As in "I don't know what incentives will be offered next week but just in case it's better than what you have now, wait a few days before returning the paperwork."

Typically they really are not told what will happen in advance. And when they are given information in advance, SOMEONE usually spills the beans. The fact that it hasn't happened so far adds to my own skepticism.

This time could be different. Time will tell.

Incentives really aren't that good now so it really wouldn't surprise me if better offers materialized. But incentives typically aren't communicated via staff meeting. I don't personally consider new incentives or price increases to be "big announcements."
I see your point, we will just have to be patient and wait until next week...

My guess is that they give a free cruise to purchases of 160 or more points. This was very popular last year around this time.

If they want to really have the guides and buyers drooling, make it a free cruise on the Disney Dream. This would fit into Disney's recent cross-marketing trend.

Ok just for fun and since we're all speculating let's bring up one of the things DVCRs' would love to have however unlikely. Automatic use of the fastpass line for all members of DVC. :cool1:

I don't have any idea, but I'm signing on since I assume y'all will post it here when the announcement it made!

Ok just for fun and since we're all speculating let's bring up one of the things DVCRs' would love to have however unlikely. Automatic use of the fastpass line for all members of DVC. :cool1:

Oh now that would be wonderful!!! But would it be a reason for guides to tell people to hold off on submitting their contracts :confused3. I think with guides handing out advice about holding fire on sending pending contracts in, it must be some purchase incentive.

Just realized that while I am the OP I never chimed in with my 2 cents. Here they are. Remember this is just speculation.

Hawaii announced at $130 per point with a $10 off incentive. BLT price raised to $130 with a $10 incentive, $15 for addons. I see another WEBCAST next month that will get you another $5 off of each of the above. To sweeten the BLT deal they will continue to throw in 2009 points. I will not take a guess an what will happen with AKV, I have 2 contracts for sale and I would hate to see the price reduced. I will also guess that this all will be announced MON 3/8.

I forgot to mention that my guide told me that he has heard rumors that AKV was going to be getting better incentives... So, obviously the guides are being told about upcoming incentives, whether or not this has happened in the past, it seems to be happening now.

Sorry for leaving this out before...

Okay, I'm going to wait to send my paperwork back then. We've waited several years, what's a few more days going to hurt. I'd rather wait now to find out then kick myself later. Thanks for mentioning this!

Okay, I'm going to wait to send my paperwork back then. We've waited several years, what's a few more days going to hurt. I'd rather wait now to find out then kick myself later. Thanks for mentioning this!
You should still have your membership number and can still make ressies, as long as you are within your 11 months of your next vacation. It just makes sense to wait and see what they are coming out with and if nothing changes, then we are unaffected and can send back our contracts under our previous agreements.

Keep those fingers crossed!!!

Just realized that while I am the OP I never chimed in with my 2 cents. Here they are. Remember this is just speculation.

Hawaii announced at $130 per point with a $10 off incentive. BLT price raised to $130 with a $10 incentive, $15 for addons. I see another WEBCAST next month that will get you another $5 off of each of the above. To sweeten the BLT deal they will continue to throw in 2009 points. I will not take a guess an what will happen with AKV, I have 2 contracts for sale and I would hate to see the price reduced. I will also guess that this all will be announced MON 3/8.

...again...what about VGC???

We are new DVC members and are considering adding on in the future. However, if there's a fantastic deal, we'd add on now.
Are the incentives open for DVC members as long as they purchase the minimum amount of points for the incentive?

We are new DVC members and are considering adding on in the future. However, if there's a fantastic deal, we'd add on now.
Are the incentives open for DVC members as long as they purchase the minimum amount of points for the incentive?
They havent released anything yet, make sure you stay tuned over the next week or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter