Upcomming announcement speculation thread

pinnocchiosdad

DIS Veteran
There has already been some buzz from guides about an announcement in the next 7-10 days. I am posting this thread for any comments that anyone has heard from their guide. so lets hear it, any news:confused3???????????

They will raise the prices then offer a Friends and Family discount. :goodvibes

:) Bill

Don't know what it is but if it comes from Jim Lewis and starts with, "In response to our members' input, and in order to enhance the member experience ...," reach down for your wallet to make sure it is still there.

We are probably getting close to ticket price increase time. Will probably go to about $83 for an adult for 1 park.

I think they are going to try to STIMULATE the economy by significantly dropping prices for a specific timeframe........

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

No more free Valet parking ....:lmao:

Oh wait there was never really an official announcement regarding that.

What we know so far:

1 Their was a meeting for guides last week, they were not allowed to tell members what the meeting was about.

2 certain members have been told by guides to "wait" a week to ten days before purchasing.

3 Some new members who just purchased were told not to return their contracts, and to hold them until a new announcement is made.

4 Reports from guides about a price increase.

5 Posts of AKV prices being lowered.

6 Reports that BLT will be sold out in APRIL (my guide told me this also).

Of course this is the rumor mill running wild, but I like to think at least some of this is true. I tend to think it will be a pricing announcment and not a new resort. Then again at this time there is nothing new under construction in Florida.

Well as far as guides go, I only believe about 25% of what I hear. If I was to speculate though, I'd say there might be a new incentive for exsiting members, and if that's true, maybe an overall price increase once the incentive is gone.

I'll bite. I'm submitting 2 guesses...'cause I can. :rotfl:

1. BLT price increase to $130/point with $5/point incentive

2. BLT price at $120 with a cruise incentive depending on how many points you buy *or* instead of a cruise, DVC will offer a $8/point incentive.

Either way, I hope that everyone who is in the process of buying right now sees a discount not an increase. :goodvibes

Don't know what it is but if it comes from Jim Lewis and starts with, "In response to our members' input, and in order to enhance the member experience ...," reach down for your wallet to make sure it is still there.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
..so true...

..how come ther is never any speculation that includes VGC? Ok..so..to sell the place out they will lower the price for add ons and give extra developer points...and front row seating for WOC...and one year AP...or any combination thereof...I'd bite....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter