Upcomming announcement speculation thread

Don't know what it is but if it comes from Jim Lewis and starts with, "In response to our members' input, and in order to enhance the member experience ...," reach down for your wallet to make sure it is still there.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

Could be the big news relates to Aulani.

I see they've got the the license for selling it filed with the State of Florida...

KO OLINA DISNEY VACATION CLUB RESORT

And interestingly, the villas are referred to as the "ALI' I NUI VILLAS"...maybe different names for different buildings at Aulani, with the hotel side called something else?:confused3

Don't know what it is but if it comes from Jim Lewis and starts with, "In response to our members' input, and in order to enhance the member experience ...," reach down for your wallet to make sure it is still there.

I agree ... holding onto my wallet ...

I doubt it's a price increase if they are telling people not to mail in their contracts, unless a huge incentive is coming along with it.

:rotfl: Aint that the truth!

I'm throwing out my guess: the new double AP (the one good for WDW and DL) comes with a minimum purchase of new points

It can't be about the price increase, if they are, they would have telling people to complete their contracts ASAp, and would annouce it to all of us to hurry add-in before the new price. I guess must be a new big promotion.

So what would you do if you are in the process of purchasing? I wasn't told anything from my guide. I have my paperwork now and was going to submit it on Monday. We're buying 360 AKV points. Would you go ahead and send it in? :confused3

So what would you do if you are in the process of purchasing? I wasn't told anything from my guide. I have my paperwork now and was going to submit it on Monday. We're buying 360 AKV points. Would you go ahead and send it in? :confused3

Nope. I would hold off and see what the new deal is.

Could it be the new pool area at SSR, or is that old news? I haven't been keeping up with DVC announcements, but saw an article in the DisneyFiles magazine I received today that said they were building a new pool and and a quick service dining in the Paddock area. Maybe this is old new and I have just been out of the loop!

. . . Reports that BLT will be sold out in APRIL (my guide told me this also).

Based on recorded deeds at OCC, BLT has only sold about 49.5% of its estimated 5.73 million points. BLT might sell out by April, but it will be April 2011, not 2010. Right now, BLT has about 770,000 points that have been declared but not yet sold. In my opinion, we'll be lucky to see another BLT declaration by April 2010.

What we know so far:

1 Their was a meeting for guides last week, they were not allowed to tell members what the meeting was about.

2 certain members have been told by guides to "wait" a week to ten days before purchasing.

3 Some new members who just purchased were told not to return their contracts, and to hold them until a new announcement is made.

4 Reports from guides about a price increase.

5 Posts of AKV prices being lowered.

6 Reports that BLT will be sold out in APRIL (my guide told me this also).

Of course this is the rumor mill running wild, but I like to think at least some of this is true. I tend to think it will be a pricing announcment and not a new resort. Then again at this time there is nothing new under construction in Florida.

Guides are normally not told about price increases or incentives in advance for the very reasons cited above--DVC doesn't want them telling people to "wait a few days for the better deal."

I think the pricing information is purely speculation on their part. DVC doesn't need to hold a special meeting (assuming what happened last week was anything out of the ordinary) just to circulate new rates and discounts. Those go out via email.

Not saying that prices WON'T go up or that incentives WON'T change, but those aren't exactly earth-shattering developments.

If there is something big cooking, it probably relates to Aulani.

Could also be some info coming out related to the US parks Annual Pass. Guides wouldn't have a need to be involved in that from an operational standpoint, but if DVC was able to negotiate a nice discount or if they are going to offer an incentive related to the US AP, they should have some working knowledge.

I'm guessing some new benefits since we just lost a few like valet parking and "upgrades" to the member web site.In other words nothing major. I hope I'm wrong.

DVC is lowering the interest rate on DVC loans? I would guess that interest rates will be somethink like 7.75 for preferred and 10.75 for standard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter