Two cast members told me no sharing allowed on TS

anneofgreengables

Mouseketeer
I called Disney twice and both times, the CM said that no sharing is allowed on TS meals. If my husband and I want to share a meal, we can do that, but they will still take two TS credits off our dining plan account, not one. So it's better for us to order separate entrees because they will count it as 2 TS not 1. Is that true? It certainly contradicts what I've been reading online. Or are the phone CMs not as informed about how the dining plan works?

Did you clarify that (I am at least assuming) that you are referring to a single serving entree and not a buffet or family-style meal?

Honestly, how can they stop a person from sharing their food if they are getting exactly the amount they paid for and no more? :confused3

:rotfl: It is strange that this subject was brought up tonight because just a little bit ago, on another thread, I just finished saying that with all of the possible changes being made to the dinning plan and how credits can be used it would not suprise me if it would also put a stop to sharing meals. :rolleyes: Guess it could possibly happen. :sad2:

anneofgreengables said:
Yes, I did specify that I was not referring to a buffet or character meal, but still they said no can do.

Ha, call them back and ask them if you can share if you pay out of pocket and see what they say. :stir:

Nah, BT NEVER starts wars! :teeth:

I was worried about the same thing, but if it's a problem, we'll just order one extra entree and pay for it OOP. Then they can't take off the extra TS credit because there are two meals for the two people. They'd just be mean if they did! And who doesn't share appetizers and desserts?

Here's hoping you can share!!!!!

Does the official brochure say anything about sharing? I don't THINK it does, so they can't really stop us (yet)!

Change is clearly "a comin'," though I doubt the telephone CMs really know about it. If you plan on using the Dining Plan as it is presented you won't have much trouble, and you'll still get a great deal. :thumbsup2

Alright, so it sounds like the phone CMs often offer misinformation. So, I guess the question should be...

Has anyone actually been denied the priviledge of sharing on the DDP while actually in a non-buffet/character meal restaurant on WDW property??

Why on earth would they not allow sharing. Assume you payed for the dining plan (and it's not the free promotion, not that that should matter). You paid a certain price per TS meal. I'm sure they base it on that. So if you order 1 meal they can only take one meal credit, no? It really shouldn't matter how many people eat it. Though for me it doesn't matter because there isn't a meal they can put in front of me that I won't finish myself. :)

Wazzo said:
Alright, so it sounds like the phone CMs often offer misinformation. So, I guess the question should be...

Has anyone actually been denied the priviledge of sharing on the DDP while actually in a non-buffet/character meal restaurant on WDW property??

We didnt' share meals BUT I personally saw at least 2 other couples share a single meal at Le Cellier while we were there. Both used a single credit on the dining plan and then paid OOP for additional beverages and appetizers. The server mentioned that it was a great way to double the value of the plan.

LizinSTL said:
Both used a single credit on the dining plan and then paid OOP for additional beverages and appetizers.

Do you mean they only used one credit total? Or one credit each? I'm assuming you meant one credit total?

I'm hoping and hoping that they'll let us do that too!!! :teeth:

frayedend said:
Why on earth would they not allow sharing. Assume you payed for the dining plan (and it's not the free promotion, not that that should matter). You paid a certain price per TS meal. I'm sure they base it on that. So if you order 1 meal they can only take one meal credit, no? It really shouldn't matter how many people eat it.

I think this is an excellent point. It will be the basis of my argument if sharing is disputed!!

Anyway ....

Truly if they were to try to enforce the "no sharing" rule than a revolt would break out. Maybe they will enforce a split plate charge but no sharing?? Come on!!

If they do make this rule it better be for everyone and not just DDP guests. Can you see how that would go over? Come on people!!!!

1TS credit is based on 1 app - 1 entree - 1drink - 1 dessert. Why would WDW care if you ordered it all at once or at two seperate meals?

I can see not sharing the refillable drink and having to buy an extra. That makes sense. But if I order a 14oz steak and want to share ... why do they care?

WDWO

wdwobsessed said:
1TS credit is based on 1 app - 1 entree - 1drink - 1 dessert. Why would WDW care if you ordered it all at once or at two seperate meals?

:worship:

wdwobsessed said:

I've been reading the posts concerning sharing, and I must admit being timid about posting an opinion. However I believe wdwobsessed is actually making two good points in the quote above...

While I agree Disney would not care about sharing (point #1), I believe the CMs serving the split meals may care (point #2). Afterall, the tip provided to the hardworking CMs is based upon the check total, is it not? If a single TS meal on DDP is served, for say $20.00 (I know, I know...I'm going on the cheap-side, but it's too early for harder math!), the tip is $3.60. If two $20.00 TS meals are purchased on DDP, the tip is $7.20.

No offense intended to anyone, but is this simply another case of individual CMs interpreting the rules...possibly to fit their individual needs (one CM looking out for fellow CMs)?

...just thinking out loud.

What I should have said in my previous post is why would WDW care if you ordered 2TS all at once or at 1TS at two seperate meals?

In reading wazzo's qoute on me it maybe didn't make sense. My point that is.

WDWO

When we were seated at Coral Reef we were told that we would be charged 4 table service credits reguardless of how we ordered. We were really there for the experience so I wasnt happy about the idea of 4, then looking at the menu I really wasnt happy...and much to my husbands displeasure as he hates a scene I told him I was going to ask our waitress and if she said no sharing we were leaving. There were plenty of people waiting especially for our glass side table. Well the waitress said what could possibly give you that idea of course you can share. We were also very congratulated at 50's prime time for sharing 2 meals and not wasting the food. This was in late February.

Splitting a meal should be the same tip to the waiter as if pre-DDP days, when one person ordered an entree and the other chose to get an appet and dessert and some wine instead of an entree. And thats always been OK when I've done it with cash and sometimes the appet, dessert and wine is more than the entree and soda so I don't get the beef with that. If no sharing is allowed they are just making you order more food than you can handle. I don't get that. Sometimes I'm not even hungry (have never done DDP yet so this is just regular cash transactions) but DH and the kids need food or the break so I just get a beer or two and eat whatever the kids don't. Disney would really be changing the way they market the program as far as "credits are yours to use how you choose" if now you have to order 2 TS adult and 2 TS child meals for every nonbuffet sitdown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter