Trip Reports

OK, so I've never published a trip report before. I've thought about it, started it, etc. It just never happened. So, I'll start with the pre-trip report.

Background: I normally make it to WDW several times each year. I'm only a few hundred miles away, so it's very drivable. This year I went for Gay Days with the best friend against my better judgement. It was fine, but not a real vacation and not my idea of a Disney trip. I only took one day off work, didn't pay for much, etc, so I assured myself that I'd be back. And. then. it. happened. It's what I refer to as our very own Watergate Scandal. So, ever since July, it's been 60 hour weeks and a lot of stress. It's all calming down and tomorrow is the last of my busy days. Cue the cha cha music and watch fatty dance. Wednesday I'm getting the heck out of here.

So, here's the agenda.

Wed - Leave Charleston about 9am. With stops for lunch, arrive in Orlando at the Off Property hotel around 3. (Don't judge, I travel for work so I use points.) Dinner with a friend at Giordanos in LBV and then a drink to relax and call it an early night.

Thursday - Blizzard Beach. I have a water park annual pass, so it makes sense to use it while I can. Plus, I'll be alone and can relax, have a few drinks and get away from the craziness. No plans, though maybe some putt putt at night.

Friday - Festival of the Masters at DTD. Maybe some more Blizzard Beach. Drinks/dinner in Orlando with friends who have moved to the area. I could be persuaded, however, to go to MVMCP if anyone wants to go that will also be there.

Saturday - DAK/MK.

Sunday - Studios/Epcot (Illuminations - HELLO! It's the perfect way to end the trip)

Monday - Last minute shopping and the drive home with a stop in JAX for my favorite BBQ.

So that's it. It's pretty low key for me, but sometimes that's necessary. I'd probably stay longer, but i have to kennel the furry beasts, and I hate leaving them for that long.

OK, so I've never published a trip report before. I've thought about it, started it, etc. It just never happened. So, I'll start with the pre-trip report.

Background: I normally make it to WDW several times each year. I'm only a few hundred miles away, so it's very drivable. This year I went for Gay Days with the best friend against my better judgement. It was fine, but not a real vacation and not my idea of a Disney trip. I only took one day off work, didn't pay for much, etc, so I assured myself that I'd be back. And. then. it. happened. It's what I refer to as our very own Watergate Scandal. So, ever since July, it's been 60 hour weeks and a lot of stress. It's all calming down and tomorrow is the last of my busy days. Cue the cha cha music and watch fatty dance. Wednesday I'm getting the heck out of here.

So, here's the agenda.

Wed - Leave Charleston about 9am. With stops for lunch, arrive in Orlando at the Off Property hotel around 3. (Don't judge, I travel for work so I use points.) Dinner with a friend at Giordanos in LBV and then a drink to relax and call it an early night.

Thursday - Blizzard Beach. I have a water park annual pass, so it makes sense to use it while I can. Plus, I'll be alone and can relax, have a few drinks and get away from the craziness. No plans, though maybe some putt putt at night.

Friday - Festival of the Masters at DTD. Maybe some more Blizzard Beach. Drinks/dinner in Orlando with friends who have moved to the area. I could be persuaded, however, to go to MVMCP if anyone wants to go that will also be there.

Saturday - DAK/MK.

Sunday - Studios/Epcot (Illuminations - HELLO! It's the perfect way to end the trip)

Monday - Last minute shopping and the drive home with a stop in JAX for my favorite BBQ.

So that's it. It's pretty low key for me, but sometimes that's necessary. I'd probably stay longer, but i have to kennel the furry beasts, and I hate leaving them for that long.

Sounds like a leisurely trip. I didn't realize the water parks were open in November. It's beginning to dip into the forties here. Enjoy Giordano's; I love their pizza but we usually start with UNO.

I'm on Main Street USA right now waiting for Spectro to start in 2 mins :)

HI all

I just got back from my 10th trip to Disney. I went with my dear mother (who I haven't been to Disney with in over 10 years). I went from Dec 7th to the 11th, and stayed at Carribbean Beach. And contrary to popular beleif, that week is NOT a super dead time, it was fairly crowded. HOWEVER! We had an awesome time. There wasnt' anythin new, but had some amazing meals at Marrakesh and France, and my favorite ride of the trip was as always Splash Mountain. And the best and saddest part is that I miss it already! :(

HI all

I just got back from my 10th trip to Disney. I went with my dear mother (who I haven't been to Disney with in over 10 years). I went from Dec 7th to the 11th, and stayed at Carribbean Beach. And contrary to popular beleif, that week is NOT a super dead time, it was fairly crowded. HOWEVER! We had an awesome time. There wasnt' anythin new, but had some amazing meals at Marrakesh and France, and my favorite ride of the trip was as always Splash Mountain. And the best and saddest part is that I miss it already! :(

Hi WRLI! Nice to meetcha!
I was there the week after you, and I was surprised how busy it was too.:)

Hi WRLI! Nice to meetcha!
I was there the week after you, and I was surprised how busy it was too.:)

I couldn't believe it myself. I knew there was a cheerleading tournament, but I didn't see any of them. Instead I saw the typical families and people from other countries. You'd think they'd keep their kids in school!

Arrival (Day 1)

We arrived on Monday, December 7th around 1pm.. I went with my mom (DM) and myself, who is 29. Upon arriving, we took the Magical Express to our hotel, Caribbean Beach. We requested a room that was close to the eatery, because in previous trips, I stayed in Aruuba which was a hike to the main building. This time we stayed in Martinique, which was hardly super close, but closer than Aruba. We were famished, because by the time we got to the hotel, it was already 3:30pm. We put our carry on bags in the room and immediately ran to the eatery. We were on the free Disney Dining plan, which we loved, and my mom had a big roast beef Panini which she loved. She chose a carrot cake as her dessert. I decided to eat Buffalo Chicken, which was an odd choice since I don’t really like VERY hot food. It wasn’t so great. The sandwich was super spicy, and it was kind of small and not very filling. I picked the chocolate cake for dessert and it was delicious. After we ate, we took the bus to Downtown Disney.

Downtown Disney

I’ve always loved making this the very first stop on my trip, it’s a tradition that I’ve kept for the last three trips. My favorite store is probably the Art of Disney, which I know they have in all of the parks, but for some reason, this one is my favorite. I had anticipated buying the Splash Mountain Gallery of Light shadowbox and made a beeline for the shelf. When I brought it to the register, they rang it up as 94 dollars. But the price tag said 65! My mother, being the pushy woman that she can be, told them this, and they had to honor their mistake! Woohoo! We wandered around going to the various shops, and eventually, we got bored and didn’t’ know what to do. It was very early (around 6), and we had a very late lunch, but I really didn’t want to eat at the hotel for dinner, so we ended up sitting around under an umbrella while it rained and then ended up eating at Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner. My mother had a salad, and she didn’t care for it that much. I ordered the three cheese macaroni and cheese and it was really good. It came with a small Caesar salad, and for dessert, we both had brownies, although my mother saved hers for breakfast the next day. We went back to the room, pretty tired and excited for the parks the next day.

Day 2: EPCOT

It was Extra Magic Hours that day, so we got to EPCOT at 8am (I’m one of those people who likes to get there when the parks first open). Spaceship Earth was CLOSED! We were annoyed by that (it later reopened but still, that’s usually the first ride), so we made a beeline for Soarin only to discover that there was already an hour wait. We got a Fastpass and decided to ride Listen to the Land, which I enjoy a lot, even though it’s not the most exciting ride. After we finished that, we went on Test Track, which is always a lot of fun. We went back to the Land pavilion and rode Soarin, which I always found to be overrated. I rode Soarin in California Adventure back when it first opened, and to me, it’s fun but it’s hardly in my top 10. Afterwards, I convinced my mother to avoid Ellen’s Energy Adventure which was very crowded, and I wasn’t in the mood for. We breezed through Innoventions, having been disappointed that the House of the Future seemed to be closed. We spent a few minutes playing Up: the Video game, but it was kind of boring. Afterwards, we went back to Spaceship Earth, which is probably one of my favorite rides in all of Disney. It reminds me so much of the old Horizons and World of Motion which filled my childhood with fond memories.

We went on the disappointing as always Journey into Your Imagination (With Figment). I really miss the old ride!!! We skipped over Mission Space because my mother had a bad experience before they opened the two versions. I went on it for the first time in Jan of 2009 and wasn’t terribly impressed with the tame version. And I’m not a big fan of motion simulators. We arrived for our ADR at Marrakesh where we both ordered the Sultan’s Platter. I found the food to be probably the best meal of the trip. We both had chicken, and it came with a chicken bastilla, which is a sweet pastry filled with minced chicken and cinnamon. It sounds gross but it’s really not! And it came with a chicken kabob. For dessert, we had more bastilla, this time with vanilla ice cream melted on top. It was really a very filling and scrumptious meal. After we ate, we made the tour of the countries, fully exploring Morocco.

We also saw the American Adventure movie, which I hadn’t seen in about 15 years. It wasn’t’ a bad show by any means. The next several hours were spent completing the worldshowcase going counterclockwise. We rode Maelstrom which is SO short but fun, and did El Rio Del Tiempo. By the time we made it to Canada, It was time for our ADR at France. We ate downstairs and had a semi decent meal. We both ordered the three course meal, having Lobster Bisque, which was so good! I had a chicken dish and my mother had the salmon. The chicken was tasty, but I had a couple of bones appear in my mouth which was kind of gross. When I cook at home, I don’t like to cook with meat on the bone. My mother said her salmon was okay. For dessert, my mother had a bunch of pastries filled with ice cream, and I had a chocolate mousse cake, which wasn’t as good as I thought. We stopped at the bakery in France to use some of our snack credits to get some chocolate croissants for breakfast. On the way out, we stopped at England and Canada and then exited the park before closing, around 8pm. A 12 hour day! I did not care to stay for Illuminations, I’m not a huge fan of the crowds after the fireworks.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom

We woke up pretty early and ate our Chocolate Croissants, which weren’t as good as expected! The first ride I HAD to go on was Splash Mountain, which is probably my favorite in all parks. My mother doesn’t like huge drops so she waited this one out. Afterwards, we went on Thunder Mountain, which is a tradition as well. From there, we went on Pirates, and then trekked over to Tomorrowland. I got a Fastpass for the NEW Space Mountain, which had a pretty long wait. Afterwards, we went on the TTA, saw Carousel of Progress (another personal favorite), and then I ended up going on Space Mountain sans Fastpass (Which is still in my wallet as a keepsake). My mother didn’t want to go on, so she went to Laugh Factory alone (the last time I was there, I got picked on so I didn’t want to do it this time). Then we went on Buzz Lightyear together (I beat my mom).

From there, it was around lunchtime, so I decided to treat my mom to Liberty Tree, which was SEVERELY disappointing. I went to Liberty Tree a LOT in my youth and I really have very fond memories, so I thought it would be fun to go back there. My mom had a burger, and I ordered the turkey, which is what I had ordered when I was younger. It was like high school cafeteria food, the stuffing was mushy, and the potatoes were bland. We didn’t have dessert. After lunch, we did the MK staples: Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents. My mother got pissed at the people who were sitting behind us, they were speaking very loudly in Spanish and we couldn’t hear the dialogue. It was quite rude! We ventured over to Fantasyland which was quite crowded. We went on Snow White, which never has a long wait, and Fast passed Pooh. Then we saw Mickey’s Phillharmagic, which was new to my mom. She thought it was amazing! Then we went on Small World and then on Pooh. Peter Pan had a very long line, and I am not a fan of the teacups or the Carousel. Afterwards, we wondered what we had missed and decided to go back to the hotel for dinner. I ordered grilled salmon with mac and cheese and cornbread. It was really good! My mom had chicken. And for dessert, we had giant cupcakes. It was nice out that night so we ate outside.

Day 4: Hollywood Studios

We got to Hollywood Studios a little after opening. In past years, I made a beeline for Twilight Zone. Every time I go there though, I get very nervous, and while I do think I enjoy the ride, I just get myself very stressed about it. So this time, I decided to skip it, and my mom agreed. We also didn’t go on Rock “n Roller Coaster (I never have). So the first ride we went to was Toy Story, which had a long wait already. We Fast Passed it, which I was glad about because later in the day, they were completely out. The first thing we did was see the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, which is a sweet and beautiful show. I love the effects even though the rain was icky (it was raining). We ran to the Great Movie ride, which needs updating in the worst way, but still is a Must See. Then we went to our ADR at Sci Fi, which has so so food but so fun atmosphere. We got to have delicious Milkshakes as part of our Dining Plan! I had a chicken sandwich and my mom had the Shrimp Pasta. For dessert, I had the chocolate Peanut butter cake.
After lunch, we rode Toy Story, which is such a fun and interesting ride, but so short. If it was like Buzz, I’d ride it multiple times, but sadly it is super popular. We saw the new American Idol show, which my mother enjoyed much more than I did. I thought the singalong part was extremely cheesy! We did the also must see, MuppetVision 3D. Then we rode the very dull Backlot Tour, and saw some of the Animation galleries. By this time it was dark out and we went to our ADR for dinner which was at Hollywood and Vine, which I always enjoy. The best thing of the day, especially for my mother was the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights. It’s just simply amazing and I would highly recommend you go to see it at least once. By the time the day was over, and we had to wait a long time for the bus, I was cranky.

Day 5:
Animal Kingdom

This was our last day, and we arrived extra early at AK, before opening. I made a beeline for Expedition Everest, and my mother sat that one out. It seemed more intense than normal. It’s not my favorite ride by any means, but for some reason, I do enjoy it. After exploring Asia, we went to Africa and Fastpassed the Safari. We went through one of the animal trails at a very quick pace, and then rode the Safari, which had very few animals. Animal Kingdom is my least favorite park, for the record. We really didn’t’ do a heck of a lot there. We saw It’s Tough to be a Bug, which I don’t like much either. It was too cold for the rapids, and I didn’t really care to go on Dinosaur. By the time our lunch rolled around, at Tusker House, I was ready to go back home. Tusker House was delicious and reminded me of Boma, which I went to the last time! We left, we back to the hotel, then flew back to Long Island. And despite some of my grumblings, I had an awesome time and miss it already!!

Posted my trip report, but I don't have permission to use links yet. it's called absolutely fabulous disneymoon @ POR on the trip reports board. You'll just have to engage your mouse a bit to find it I suppose. We had a really really great honeymoon. The CMs were great and really made our trip.

We even saw a few other lesbian couples. Yea! It was like our own mini gay day.

Posted my trip report, but I don't have permission to use links yet. it's called absolutely fabulous disneymoon @ POR on the trip reports board. You'll just have to engage your mouse a bit to find it I suppose. We had a really really great honeymoon. The CMs were great and really made our trip.

We even saw a few other lesbian couples. Yea! It was like our own mini gay day.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2452875

:)

Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm currently doing a TR over on the Trip Reports board that you may want to check out. My boyfriend and I were at Disney in mid-June, and also took a day out to see the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2499814

:banana:

Now that was one of the most entertaining TR's I ever read!! Not that I read that many. They're like books...if they're that good they'll make a movie out of it. :lmao: It kept me entertained from breakfast through "lunch". I put lunch in quotes because I ended up having the same thing I did for breakfast (corn pops with chocolate milk). I guess what made it lunch was I had 2 bowls instead of 1. :rotfl2: I didn't mind the lack of pictures. You're writing and descriptions more than made up for it!

Now that was one of the most entertaining TR's I ever read!! Not that I read that many. They're like books...if they're that good they'll make a movie out of it. :lmao: It kept me entertained from breakfast through "lunch". I put lunch in quotes because I ended up having the same thing I did for breakfast (corn pops with chocolate milk). I guess what made it lunch was I had 2 bowls instead of 1. :rotfl2: I didn't mind the lack of pictures. You're writing and descriptions more than made up for it!

Thanks for reading :worship:. Better get a few more boxes of corn pops because there's more to come! Since I started it out as a dining report, I have to go back and fill in all the missing details from the first few days. Lord knows how long this'll take...

:surfweb:

All this food talk is making me hungry.

I like the picture of the orange... pretty interesting how they get the oranges to grow like Mickey's ears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter