• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Trip Reports

Why do I have the feeling Rob sits at the door of the AC with index cards with everyone's pics on them looking for newbees? :lmao:

At the door?!?!?!?!

Um, no. You don't get to see any entertainment at the door. Duh!

And index cards?!?!?!?!

Nope. Just have a very good memory. ::yes::

And I'd read that Ken would be in town that week, so when I saw someone that looked EXACTLY like his pictures (but with glasses on) I went over and said hello.

I'm not a scary stalker person.;)

I'm a scary friendly person. :lmao:

OK, I will be in DTD on the 11th of September as it is check in day and we get in just in time to go for dinner over there. I haven't been to the A/C, should I give it a try. My sister and I both like comedy and since A/C is closing, I suppose I should go for it. Yes? No?

OK, I will be in DTD on the 11th of September as it is check in day and we get in just in time to go for dinner over there. I haven't been to the A/C, should I give it a try. My sister and I both like comedy and since A/C is closing, I suppose I should go for it. Yes? No?

ABSOLUTELY!

I think it's the most "Disney" expereince at WDW.

FYI I think Wally likes the scary stalker type! :rotfl2::

Dude - What is your Damage! Don't project.

My predilections run more to rough neck blue collar workers -
:eek: "oh my - What are you 3 plumbers doing here!"...

with your brothers....

And those 5 escaped convicts...

And the warden.

and 3 strapping surly guards.
devilish.gif

(anyone got a RedBull?)

Dude - What is your Damage! Don't project.

My predilections run more to rough neck blue collar workers -
:eek: "oh my - What are you 3 plumbers doing here!"...

with your brothers....

And those 5 escaped convicts...

And the warden.

and 3 strapping surly guards.
devilish.gif

(anyone got a RedBull?)

What no pics?

PART 4

Thursday 21st

Today was our half day at Epcot, focusing just on Future World. It is a half day as we had the Spirit of Aloha set for that evening. Of course TS Fay was sharing her love with us again today. We did everything in Future World except Turtletalk and the Circle of Life show. We had lunch at the Electric Umbrella.

There was an event during our Standby Queue at Soarin' that was "funny" that I had to share. We kept getting this waft of something foul. For the longest time I was afraid it was from my wet socks. I was terrified that it was because everyone kept thinking it was me. I was so embarrassed, but other kept saying it wasn't me. When we got off the ride I rushed to the restroom to check and see with a "sniff test". It wasn't me. I suspected it was this woman in front of us that probably should have....well.....trying to put this nicely....washed her "lady purse"

We did learn later on in the day that our Spirit of Aloha show was cancelled due to the high winds. This was really disappointing as I was looking forward to it. Plus I already bought a pin to remember the event. (oh well). So instead we went to DTD to do more shopping and had dinner at Earl of Sandwich.

PART 5

Friday- Aug 22

Today was our Epcot Tour day, and still more rain. After some CM confusion about where we were to enter the park, we finally checked in and waited for our guide. She (CM Nicole) was about 15 min late. I thought it was cool that we were given headsets to hear her. On the tour we learned/visited the following:

Rode Spaceship Earth
History of Epcot
Learned about the House of Tomorrow
5 Min Break
VIP Lounge of the Seas
20 min Break at the Land
VIP Back Doored onto Soarin'
3D Glasses Cleaning Dept at the Imagination Pavilion
Learned about the Fountain of Nations
Backstage at the Energy Pavilion to learn about AA's and saw the old hosts
Cast Member Building behind Test Track
VIP Back Doored onto Test Track
Given a Tour Pin

I enjoyed the tour but CM Nicole did seem a bit rushed, and I think we were shorted a bit on our time due to her being late and the fact that the "Illuminations Globe" was in refrib, but then I don't know how much Fay was causing changes to the tour.

After the tour we went to we lunch at the Sunshine Seasons. After lunch we saw the The Circle of Life (that we skipped the day before). By time the show was done it was time to check in for our Behind the Seeds Tour.

Our guide was CM Fred. He seemed a bit nervous and it was like you could see him reading from the script in his head. We visited the greenhouses and got to feed the Hybrid Tilapia. We learned some about the using of "good" bugs to feed on the "bad" ones. We also got to see in depth the various ways to they use to grow the plants.

After the Seeds tour we headed to World Showcase and shopped in Canada (had to get my Maple Tea). We also took a taste test for Twinings (in the UK). They were testing their cold brew tea. We also shopped in Japan. We saw the American Adventure before heading over to France for our dinner ADR. We ate at Chefs de France. The meal was great, a bit slow but the food was delish.

Illuminations went on, but it was pouring during it of course. The Globe was out for rehab. so the show was a bit different and I believe a bit shorter too.

During EMH we rode:
O Canada
Grande Fiesta Tour
Maelstrom
Shopped in China
Spaceship Earth (we always end our Epcot days with this ride)

Saturday - 23rd

Today was our Kennedy Space Center Day. Of course it was all sunny and hot. Curse you Fay, figured you would stop when we were done with the Parks.

It was neat to see things at the center that I have always read about in History classes and seen on TV. I was bummed by the fact that the Shuttle wasn't on the launch pad yet (because of Fay).

We had lunch at the Center and the prices were more than Disney.

I got to see the mock up of the new space vehicle (after the shuttles are mothballed) and got to see people working on the next piece of the International Space station.

We rode there "thrill" ride that they are comparing to Mission Space. It was rather cheesy. Big deal build up but it was just an ok ride. Not to thrilling. Anyone can ride it (it isn't a spinner, just a shaker).

After KSC we ate at Ohana and then saw "Wishes" from the beach of the Poly. We were over to far to hear the music from the pool area, but it was beautiful to see the fireworks from across the Lagoon, reflected in the water as the waves from the ferry were lapping on the shore. It was nice and relaxing.

IS THERE NO DEBAUCHERY IN THIS DANG TRIP REPORT?!?! :mad:

I just went through and read the various reports!! They're all great and make me even more anxious for my trip in 50 days!!! Maybe i can meet a Prince of my own ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter