Trip Reports

Any new trip reports? I am worried much of WDW will be under construction this year for gaydays. :sad1:

The candy shop on Main Street, the bridge to adventure land and the enchanted tiki room.

Posting live and recorded video on upstream.tv. Username is schotzmcbodka. I hope Internet will stay online for me.

Dole whip was 15 minute wait lines in the park were not too bad large crowds. The parade was good I will post the video later on ustream. On my way to mizners lounge in GF. See y'all at wishes

Had a great time at gaydays with yall, even thou I was by myself the whole time, it was a pleasure to see such a great bunch of truly colorful people at WDW. Nothing negative to say about anyone in the park, just that WDW lost a lot of color when we all left on Sunday night.

I was planning on posting some great video feeds and even some live from the park but the internet was so terrible in orlando that I could only send text and email.

I posted what I could on flickr look for schotzmcbodka or someone like that to see them. I had hoped of posting a lot more but more than half of it was lost in packets somewhere. I also wrote up another quick trip report post tonight under GayDays 2011.

see you soon!

What a great trip!! I definitely need a vacation from my vacation!!

I got in Saturday afternoon and just had dinner and hung out with some of my local friend's friends. Nice time.

Sunday my local friend drove me around showing me different areas that would be good to buy a house in, since I want to relocate to Orlando. Then we did Universal Studios. It was fun but definitely doesn't compare to Disney.

Monday we did Islands of Adventure. I was happy to visit WWoHP but it was just "eh". I knew from the boards and podcasts that it's a small area and they were right. I was shocked that the wait for Forbidden Journey was only 20 min! I was afraid being Memorial Day it would have been packed.

Tuesday I packed up my stuff and checked out of my friend's place. We drove over to DHS and did Star Tours a couple times. We had lunch at Mama Melrose's and it was really good! We also did ToT and RRC. My friend dropped me off at the Swan to check in then I met him over at Epcot for dinner. We had a wonderful dinner at Les Chefs de France, as usual. Our waiter wasn't that cute but at least it was a waiter! So we're making progress!! Still plenty of eye candy to be had! We watched Illuminations through the windows as we dined.

Wednesday was the Backstage Magic tour. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure it's worth the price. I think the Keys to the Kingdom tour was a better value, although that was only 1 park. Disney showed their great customer service when it started to rain and one of the guides came around giving us all ponchos to wear and keep. Lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe was good. The fruit cobbler dessert was delicious!! Wednesday night we had dinner at Le Cellier. Probably the best dinner I've had on property!

Thursday was DAK. I saw the Nemo show, which is my favorite thing there! Always get a tear in my eye watching it. Had a great time at the Dawa Bar meet!! Good friends, good drinks, and good laughs!! I grabbed a slice of pizza on the Boardwalk before attending a vow renwal ceremony. Then we went into Epcot for a bit and watched Illuminations.

Friday was back to DHS. I got there about 8:30 and was surprised to see it was open already. I expected to go through the turnstiles then wait at the rope. The times guides I saw showed it opening at 9:00 but it was wide open when I got there so I headed to Jabba's Hut for some SWW shopping. I got the AP lanyard. I was disappointed to find out most of the AP merchandise I wanted was sold out already. I kinda think they should reserve some merchandise for each SWW. But at the same time it wouldn't be fair to those attending earlier weekends to not get something b/c that weekend's allotment was sold out yet someone going 2 weeks later can get stuff. But I still manage to get a few pins and the logo magnet I get every time I go. Had lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-in, which was good. Just had a fun day going on rides and enjoying SWW. Didn't do TSM as the wait was always too long. Had dinner at Boma then met up at Victoria Falls for drinks.

Saturday was the big day! Started with breakfast at Crystal Palace which was really nice as I hadn't been there in years. Spent the morning going around with one group. Around 2 we broke off and joined another group and got ready for the parade. After the parade moved past we started walking behind it. That's always a highlight, getting the groups of red shirts to join us. Didn't seem as many or as enthusiastic as a couple years ago. But it's still great to see everyone on the sides cheering then joining us. After the parade I was ready for a cool dole whip float! Had a good time at the dole whip meet. Was excited I got to meet Kathy Werling from the podcast team! Saturday night we met for drinks at Top of the World @ BLT then went on the Wishes cruise. I think that was the highlight of this trip! Going to WDW so many times I try to find new and different things to do, like the tours. And since I love Wishes this was for me! I just hope I didn't annoy everyone on the boat by singing along and speaking the dialogue.

Sunday was Epcot. Got there a little early and did Soarin since it was only a 35 min standby wait. Then we strolled along eventually working our way to Mexico at high noon for DATW. Had a great time doing DATW with everyone!! Lunch at Biergarten was fun. But poor Maksim. He was completely overwhelmed by our group. It took 45 minutes to get all the checks sorted out and paid. We continued on with DATW and got some great group pics at the fountain in Morocco. We ended in Canada with a performance by Off Kilter. Great way to end DATW! But then it was sad as we said our good byes. I went off to do Journey into Imagination but it closed at 7 :( So we did Spaceship Earth. I stopped off at Mousegears for some shopping then back to the resort to rest and pack up. As far as attractions, Epcot was the only real disappointment as I only did Soarin and Spaceship Earth. I should have stayed after dinner the one night for EMH. But Gay Days is more about having fun with my friends than going on rides and attractions. So there was no disappointment there!

I was surprised by how non-stop the trip was, especially starting Tuesday. I'd be at the park in the morning. Stop at the resort for a shower and wardrobe change in the evening. Then rush off for evening activities. Come back to the room and go to bed. Go go gadget! The Swan was nice, although I didn't have much time to explore and enjoy the resort. I couldn't get my iPad to connect to the WiFi so that was a bummer. Didn't really have time to call their tech support since I normally only had an hour or 2 in the resort. It was really great to see my friends and meet new ones. Hopefully next year will meet even more!!

Today was my day off at home to relax and decompress. Was nice to sleep past 10 :) Now I need to start working on details for my October DL trip and figure out when my next trip to WDW will be!!

There was a problem with the Internet at Orlando. Not sure why it was a first time I had a problem. Glad to see you had a great time with your friends and everyone

Recently got back, and have a TR in the works...I was there for the first 2 days of Gay Days, but unfortunately didn't get to do any meets (had planned on it though). You can find the link to it in my siggy :thumbsup2

Hi all! :flower3:

Just a question - I started a pre-trip report over on the main board for it and next to nobody has replied! :( Now, I'm not an amazing writer, or a spoiled brat demanding attention, it's just that... from what I can see my pre-trip report is the same as everyone elses, photos, plans, ADRs, excitement. But one fundamental difference - there are hundreds or thousands of comments on theirs!

I can't help but wonder, is it the gay thing?? I say in the very first post that Hayley is my partner, is that putting people off reading and writing? It would make me sad to think that is the reason, but I'm feeling kinda lonely over on my pre-trippie and I thought it would be a good way to get people of like-mind to hear my plans so I didn't bore those around me IRL! :laughing:

So I just wondered if anyone else has written a pre-trippie mentioning their SO and been pretty much ignored.... Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Love (a slightly paranoid and lonely) Dee xxx

Hope you have a great trip.

Wanted to add a suggestion if the two of you are foodies. Chef's Counter at Napa Rose!!!! Val & I did this on Tuesday and it was an outstanding experience.

Noticed was answering from a year ago. LOL

DELETED

Well, I can honestly say that my most recent trip was probably my least favorite of ever going. I think there were simply too many people in our group! I actually had two cast members be rude to me for the first time in forever. One on Space Mountain and the other was a security guard,...which I kind of understand. But the one on Space Mountain I don't understand! It was near park closing time and the cast member at the front just let us go in either line. Once we got to the top (and y'all know how hot it gets in there...) the guy was like, ''Fast pass.''...I was like, ''Huh?'' ''Fast pass.'' ''I don't have a fast pass, the lady at the front let us just come in.'' ''Yeah, if you don't have a fast pass, you're not getting on.'' ''Do I have to go all the way back down and come back up, or will you let us go to the other line?'' (There was NO one else in the other line we could cut in front of, btw.) ''Go all the way back down.'' So, we went halfway, then went through the gate, and came back up. When we got up there, they were directing EVERYONE into either line. I WAS SO MAD. I swear I wish I would've got his name! >.<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter