Trip Report in Progress: Day 7, Back at Epcot, page 6.

Thanks kylieh and Jade+3 (re the cameras)! :) I think I am going to have a play with each one at the camera store next week to see how I go. I also have a 450d - I love it, but feel like I need more - know what I mean??!! :confused3
Crumpler strap - Hmm - will have to look into that as well!! This photography thing is not cheap..!!! :rotfl2:
Kylie - I love the photos of the girls - they look so pretty in their princess dresses.
Thanks for sharing. :flower3:

I :love: all your pictures but i really really :love::love::love: the pictures of the castle with the reflection in the water :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Thank You!

Just wondering what type of camera are you using?is it Hi Def?

Pics look great
Hi Tara - The shots are on a Canon 60D or Canon G11 (point and shot.)

Great photo's Kylie. Do you use a flash? I forgot to take mine.

hjd, I have recently upgraded from the 450d to a 7d. Love the 7d, though I do notice the extra weight. It is easier to carry now I have a crumpler neck strap.

No flash, I do want to get one though. I use a Black Rapid strap http://www.blackrapid.com/product/camera-strap/rs-7/ that you carry like a messenger bag. I'm really happy with it. I did get the Crumpler bag insert though - http://www.crumpler.com/AU/Camera-Bags/Camera-Pouches/Haven-L.html?LanguageCode=EN&SKU=HVN001-G03G60 saves me having a regular bag and DH can use it in his backpack and I can put it in my more feminine bag :rotfl:

Thanks kylieh and Jade+3 (re the cameras)! :) I think I am going to have a play with each one at the camera store next week to see how I go. I also have a 450d - I love it, but feel like I need more - know what I mean??!! :confused3
Crumpler strap - Hmm - will have to look into that as well!! This photography thing is not cheap..!!! :rotfl2:
Kylie - I love the photos of the girls - they look so pretty in their princess dresses.
Thanks for sharing. :flower3:

You're right about it not being cheap! It add up quickly. And I'd recommend Adobe Lightroom for basic but really good editing and photo cataloging. Comes on PC and Mac.

Thanks for the comments on the dresses.

PS: Could you let me know if any of the pics say "Photo unavailable" or something similar?

Wednesday: Shopping Day

There are slightly less pics today!
Not much to report here for the morning, we did pretty poorly really. DD got a BCBGMaxAzria bag heavily reduced, something like $400 to $50 (this is from her pocket money she saved before the trip) and I got DH a heap of Van Heussin shirts for work and some others for casual for under $20 each. I found that so much stuff was for winter and what there was for summer wasn't a real bargain anyway.

At the same time DH feeling better kept his appointment with the tour for Kennedy Space Centre. I don't know what these are pics of (apart from Space Shuttles!)

Kennedy Space Centre by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Whilst DH was at Kennedy and after a poor go at shopping, we had a swim before heading out for dinner. These are taken with the G11 in a waterproof casing. At POFQ pool.

Port Orleans French Quarter DisneyWorld by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

We cleaned up and headed back to Epcot for dinner. We had a reservation at Biergarton in Germany. It was a buffet, really dark so not many pics, but again it wasn't too bad. The chicken schnitz was a little on the dry side, but past that certainly better than a lot of the other foods we had tried.

I've also been able to get all of SIL's pics. So the pictures are now from 3 different cameras! If you're unsure on any click on the pic and it will take you to Flickr. In the tags listed on the RHS I've included the camera name/types.

Biergarton Band by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Biergarton by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

After dinner DD got a Chocolate covered strawberry.

Strawberry by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

On the way out there was a storm brewing. I got one picture but was wishing I had the better camera - which was with DH at Kennedy.

Thunder Storm by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Tomorrow: Possibly the best day at Hollywood Studios - including DD meets Phineas and Ferb and takes on Darth Vader at Jedi Training Academy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2004
Just wondering what type of camera are you using?is it Hi Def?

Pics look great
Hi Tara - The shots are on a Canon 60D or Canon G11 (point and shot.)

Cool thanks Kylie I AM GETTING ONE TOMORROW haha, ours is the 10m/p 400D and its about 6 years old, so good excuse to upgrade haha. How is the Video on it?

Loving the Pics

Great pics Kylie....camera aside....great photography from YOU! :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing.

WOW your pics are fantastic - I esp. like Astro Blasters and BTMR in motion!

re KSC - how much time do you think is required to do the centre justice?

WOW your pics are fantastic - I esp. like Astro Blasters and BTMR in motion!

re KSC - how much time do you think is required to do the centre justice?

DH did the one day Ultimate Tour with Grayline - It included lunch with an astronaut. He said he would of liked some more time to have a look around. DH thinks for an average person on day may be enough, but there is no way you'll see everything in that day.

Thursday: Hollywood Studios

I'll say that the CMs at Hollywood Studios seemed to forget their happy pills that morning. Talk about a grumpy lot! Security, those letting you in, pointing you to the restaurant, everything!!! After breakfast and the coffee had kicked in for the CMs they got a bit livelier!

In terms of relaxing for DH, DD, and I today was it, well probably on the best in the morning. We had and 8am breakfast booked at Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine and met Handy Manny, June and Leo and Secret Agent OSO. Despite how much this place gets slammed on the boards it was our best breakfast, even better than CRT! It was the usual buffet stuff. But it was fresh, with lots of fruits.

IMG_2862 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

P1050700 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

P1050701 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

P1050707 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

IMG_2859 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

IMG_2864 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Given the different needs for the days, SIL and DN went their own way and we were meeting for lunch. So I'm more talking from our morning. The park officially opened at 9am.

DH took DD to sign up for Jedi Training Academy whilst I took our tickets and did the running of the bulls for Toy Story Mania. Even lining up so early DD ended up with the 1pm show which was good for us. OMG going to Toy Story Mania. It was scary. I would hate to do it with kids or even with DD in the wheelchair. People were pushing, shoving, the whole lot. I walked efficiently to the Fast Pass line and waited about 5 minutes to get my FP! The stand by line was already 45 minute wait at about 9.10am.

Met back with DH and DD and off we went to Tower of Terror. DH sat it out, DD and I walked on and did it twice. Not scary at all. Preshow was worse!

We then wondered off to meet Phineas and Ferb. About 20 minutes. Best character meet of all. They are great.

IMG_2871 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Then it was fastpass time for TSM. We were delayed a little in queue and it was almost time to meet SIL so DH took DD and I left right on 11.30am. DH met us at 11.45am, same with SIL.

We ate at Hollywood Brown Derby on the Fantasmic lunch package. Both DH and I had steak. It was really good. Very tender. Mash was good. Creme Brulee for desert. Very light topping that didn't over power. DH and DD went ahead to get to Jedi Training Academy on time. This was something DD really really wanted to do so I very glad. SIL and DN had enough for the day so went back to the hotel to rest.

Outside Hollywood Brown Derby:

IMG_2875 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Lunch:

IMG_2877 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

IMG_2880 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

DD performed very well and the Jedi Training Master told Darth Vader "there was no way she was joining the Dark Side in those pink sandals" :lmao:

Jedi Training Academy by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

The photopass pics wouldn't be available for another hour or more so we took DD back to the hotel - her knee was in really bad shape after Jedi training, we kind of expected that and prepared DD that she may be hurting, but she was willing to take the risk.

Back at the hotel we met up with SIL and she took DD and DN for a swim whilst we had a nap. The cold water on DD's knee helped bring down the swelling and take away some pain. Adding to our injury/sickness holiday woes I tripped in the room and fell on to the basin against my ribs and I ended up with bruising that is only subsiding now! I went then for a swim as well, again for swelling!

After the swim, as we needed to get the JTA pics added to the photopass card DH and I went back to Hollywood Studios - our childless date night!! SIL took DD and DN to the campfire at the hotel and the girls toasted marshmallows. Whilst at Hollywood Studios I finally purchased my watch. It's only taken 3 trips to purchase it. It's a Citizen Eco Drive watch. We purchased DD a watch as well. DH and I cabbed over to DTD and picked up a few things for people at home, then caught the boat back to the hotel.

P1050752 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

P1050750 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Sunset at DHS;

IMG_2952 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

IMG_2954 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

What a full day, but injuries aside it was probably equal best with tomorrow at Epcot!

Just caught up on your TR and subbing. Sorry to hear about the downs but it is wonderful that your DH is ok and was able to keep going. It seems like you are having a lot of ups as well.

Your photos are beautiful I'm not so much into the food but I love all the shots of the resort and parks. I want to take as many photos as I can when we are there.

Sounds like a good day at DHS. Glad that DD managed to battle the Dark Side, despite the sore knee after.

I've always wanted to do the breakfast at Hollywood and Vine....I love those characters. Sadly, DS will NOT have a bar of going there at all. It's not that he doesn't know who Handy Manny and the Young Einsteins are...he thinks he's outgrown Playhouse Disney. :sad1:

Thanks for sharing.

Just caught up on your TR and subbing. Sorry to hear about the downs but it is wonderful that your DH is ok and was able to keep going. It seems like you are having a lot of ups as well.

Your photos are beautiful I'm not so much into the food but I love all the shots of the resort and parks. I want to take as many photos as I can when we are there.

We took around 2000 shots between SIL and I, culled down to around 1100, plus 200 or so on Photopass. I found that sometimes I wished I only had the little camera and then vice versa! I've got some more pics from Friday and home day to come.

Sounds like a good day at DHS. Glad that DD managed to battle the Dark Side, despite the sore knee after.

I've always wanted to do the breakfast at Hollywood and Vine....I love those characters. Sadly, DS will NOT have a bar of going there at all. It's not that he doesn't know who Handy Manny and the Young Einsteins are...he thinks he's outgrown Playhouse Disney. :sad1:

H&V was DN's choice for a meal which SIL was surprised at given she doesn't watch it anymore. DD eyerolled at the thought, but then loved it whilst we were there. Seriously the best breakfast food quality wise (which is saying a lot!)

On DD's knee the next day she could hardly walk on it at all, perhaps 20 meters at a time. We weren't too surprised, JTA has a lot of bending and stretching, a few stairs, etc, but she was determined to do it, no mater what!

:scared1: how did i get 2 days behind:confused3

The photo of the storm coming in is awesome.

Cm's and their happy pills that was our complaint the whole time we were there do they not understand they are working in the happiest place on earth:confused3:confused3:confused3

:woohoo: you got to have a date night:woohoo::woohoo: What a lovely SIL you have:yay:

Falling over is not a good thing :hug:
Kylieh I sent you a pm asking you about the fluffy seats :)

:scared1: how did i get 2 days behind:confused3

The photo of the storm coming in is awesome.

Cm's and their happy pills that was our complaint the whole time we were there do they not understand they are working in the happiest place on earth:confused3:confused3:confused3

:woohoo: you got to have a date night:woohoo::woohoo: What a lovely SIL you have:yay:

Falling over is not a good thing :hug:
Kylieh I sent you a pm asking you about the fluffy seats :)

Completely slack. Sorry, update coming!

Day 6 - Back to Epcot and a zillion photos. Well, it feels like a zillion.

I like Epcot. It would be my favourite park in out of Disney's 4 in Orlando and number 2 overall.

Actually, so far between Anaheim and Orlando

1- Disneyland
2 - Epcot
3 - Hollywood Studios
4 - California Adventure / Magic Kingdom tie
6 - Animal Kingdom

They might be a bit skewed because of the experiences we had at each!

Anyway, I digress, back to the trip report.

Today was the day we finished Epcot and our last full day. Being a few weeks ago it's getting a bit hazy, but here goes....

The main aim was to finish off world showcase. The weather was good. Not a cloud to be seen, maybe there was, just humour me! Temperature pretty good to start with, uncomfortable at lunch. We started with a quick spin on Test Track, a look at the Cranberries, and a look at Spaceship Earth followed by counter clockwise trip around World Showcase.

Here is the cranberry display. Later in the day they had the men from Ocean Spray tending to them, just like on the ad. And they were handing out sample packs of craions. DD loved them. A lot. I found them at Costco when we got home. They may be at Woolworths, but I've never really looked. And oh, the pre-packed craisons are full of sugar!!!

Cranberries on Display by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Cranberries on Display by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

I love Spaceship Earth. Completely underrated. Well, going up the top is pretty average but seeing the Earth at the top with the lights/stars is something else. Perhaps I'm just a little weird.

Spaceship Earth by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Pics from walking around World Showcase

Canadian Pavillion by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Canadian Pavillion by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Duffy Ears

Duffy Ears by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Teapots in England. DD selected these as a present for her singing teacher.

Tea Set by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

I so wanted DD to want this tea set. DH said that I didn't need it :-(

Tea Set by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Morocco

Morocco Pavillion by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

T-shirt in Morocco.

Here is the NZ stand, well the line anyway for Food and Wine. SIL (kiwi) was very impressed at the length!

Line for New Zealand by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Now all my pics are uploading to Flikr, so after dinner I hope I'll be able to do some more.

OK, I'm back.

Lunch was at Teppan Edo. I had the chicken and steak combo, DD had prawns, and I can't remember what the others had. But here are some pictures.

Teppan Edo by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Teppan Edo, Japan Pavillion by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

After lunch it was off to shop. The girls did Pick A Pearl. DN ended up with a 8.5mm which they said was the biggest of the day. Looked pretty big to me.

Pick A Pearl by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

DD got a 7.5mm pearl.

DN had hers set

Some random photos from the store...

Japan Pavillion by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Mandatory photo :rotfl:

Outside Japan by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Next post - more Epcot pics....

More Epcot :rotfl:

Italy

Italy Pavillion Epcot by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Germany

Germany Pavilion by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

China

Chinese Pavilion by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

And finally, an open letter to the Australian food designers at Food and Wine
Dear Sir / Madam

With great excitement we approached the Australian Pavilion at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, wanting a taste of home. We had seen a picture of last year's desert offering and we were hoping that there would be some improvement this year. But alas, we were greatly disappointed.

THIS IS NOT A LAMINGTON

IMG_2507 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

That is NOT a lamington by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

For reference, this is a lamington (from itv)

lamington.jpg

Please note the light airiness of the cake, the chocolate is fine and covers the bottom and the coconut is dessicated, not shredded as in your poor example.

Next year I hope you can get the lamington right, or perhaps it may be best just to import a heap of Tim Tams or Mint Slices.

Sincerely.

PS - An imported Australian or two at the stand serving may be a good idea!

Back to regular trip report, for good measure, here is the Australian stand

Australian Stand, Food and Wine by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Next post: Illuminations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter