Trip Report in Progress: Day 7, Back at Epcot, page 6.

Oh Kylie. I'm sorry that you and the family had to go through all that when you should have been having a fabulous time on holiday. But it sounds like Disney really looked after you and made sure that DH was cared for properly. I hope he gets the all clear from the GP next week and that YOU get some well deserved rest at home.

I hope DN has recovered from the experience and managed to sort it out in her mind. :hug:

KylieH, so sorry to hear what happened. It would have been hard to have that happen at home let alone overseas at a place that supposed to be the happiest place on earth. At least, Disney looked after the whole family. Hope the visit with the GP will yield the all clear.

Gorgeous shots of the Animal Kingdom by the way!

Getting sick on holidays sucks, but it's something that I generally expect...

Like you, the Us sugars play up with my stomach, so next time we go I'm going to try cutting out all high fructose corn syrup and seeing if that helps at all.

Amazing photos!

How awful and scary for you all but it sounds like if you are going to have something like that happen, Disney has you covered. I'm so glad it wasn't anything more serious.

Wow what a day you had I am sure you were very happy to arrive back in Sydney i hope DH gets the all clear from his doctor.
That's great news that they looked after you so well!

:rolleyes1 Trip report you say i think i have that selective hearing that my kids say i have turned on:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seriously though DH will not let me post photos of the kids on the internet so i was thinking there was not much point.

Oh Kylie, what awful day you had. I hope your husband is feeling much better now.
Can I ask though, how did he manage to dislocate his shoulder on a ride?

I hope this is ok for a group reply rather than individually - Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I think DH is well on the road to recovery, he started looking well again yesterday. DH goes back to work on Tuesday, and me on Wednesday. School starts Monday so I'll have a couple of truely relaxing days. I am shopping in town tomorrow.

Thanks also for the compliments on the pics. I'm pretty happy with most of them.

There are a few comments as well I'll reply to individually....

I had an encounter with the WDW paramedics too on one trip. We arrived at WDW after 42hrs of travel thanks to flight cancellation and I fainted. Paramedics came, went off to hospital, found to have no potassium and was severely dehydrated. Put on drip, given potassium & they then gave me a drug I was allergic too (it has a different name in the USA, so I had told them, but they didn't know the name used around the world and not in the usa), then had to be treated and monitored after allergic reaction. After a full day in the ER and $6500 later I toddled off back to the hotel where we were given free room service and were so well looked after by AKL cast members.

So glad you DH was ok in the end :goodvibes

Ouch on the $6500 - did your insurance cover it ok?

I hope DN has recovered from the experience and managed to sort it out in her mind. :hug:

I think DN is fine now - I suggested that SIL debrief her though I don't know if she did or not.

Seriously though DH will not let me post photos of the kids on the internet so i was thinking there was not much point.
Fair call. We ummed and ahh'd about it - I don't let them use DD's photos at school or in the newsletter, but that's a bit more identifying. SIL said I could use her and DN as much as I want.

Like you, the Us sugars play up with my stomach, so next time we go I'm going to try cutting out all high fructose corn syrup and seeing if that helps at all.
Made a difference to me when I stopped them a day or two later. I stuck with sparking water at meals as it was a lot easier than coke/Sprite risk and pretty much avoided a lot of non-fresh foods. I came back weighing less than I went :rotfl: A little off topic, this may interest you: http://shepherdworks.com.au/disease-information/low-fodmap-diet

Can I ask though, how did he manage to dislocate his shoulder on a ride?
Not for squirmish - It's pretty easy for DH to dislocate his shoulder and normally get it back in without help. Think Mel Gibson in one of the Lethal Weapon Movies, just doesn't take him so long. In this case he was videoing the ride with the new camera, getting a bit too bumpy put his arm in an awkward position to protect the camera whilst trying to hold on, and poof! But he got it back in. The immediate pain is pretty bad, but after it's a residual muscular pain from where they have all been stretched.

Next post: The ponchos get a work out.

After a good rest DH said that he felt ok to go up to Downtown Disney and didn't feel like being cooped up in the room. Now DD's birthday lunch was meant to be this day - she chose Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. Not wanting to disappoint a quick call to RC in DTD and crossed fingers I was able to get a table for 5 for dinner..

It was raining, raining, raining, when we left the room. I used the G11 this night with the waterproof casing this night, I don't have many pics (I forgot to keep wiping down the cover and wasn't using the correct settings all night, so there aren't many shots for this part of the report - I wasn't in a good state of mind!) Here is from left SIL, DN, and DD in the rain.

Port Orleans French Quarter DisneyWorld by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Only once pic from dinner - the Volcano desert!

Volcano at Rainforest Cafe by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

After dinner we went to Goofy's Candy Co and the girls did make your own candy. I'm hoping that SIL has some pics of that. SIL took DD and DN back to the room and DH and I had a quiet and gently walk around - I was pretty worried though that he may take ill again so I'm a bit vague on everything that happened. DTD was pretty empty.

Goofy's Candy Co:

The girls outside Goofy's Candy Co by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Fairy Floss by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Holiday Apple by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Jelly Beans by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Mood Chocolate by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Empty and Wet DTD by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

I thought this T-shirt was cool.

Vinyl Rocks T-Shirt by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Tomorrow: Everything picks up, CRT for breakfast and MNSSHP.

As a side note: I think my holiday washing is breeding. I know we received the bags late but there still seems to be more washing than clothes I own!

Sounds like a lovely, wet night. Good ponchos. Did you get any of the mood chocolate? That sounds like my kind of marketing!

And regarding your breeding holiday washing....like gremlins, be careful getting it wet late. It'll multiply by the time it gets to the ironing board! :sad2:

Firstly your photos are stunning! I especially love the one of the tree of life. Secondly thank goodness your hubby is feeling better. It really must have been a scare! Thanks for the great TR so far. Can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

Kylie,
Thanks for sharing your holiday with us! I'm loving your photos - they are all beautiful - but I love your POFQ ones. :) So sorry to hear that your DH got sick, but very happy to hear of Disney's response.
A quick question for you - do you like your 60d? I am in a bit of a quandary right now trying to decide on an upgrade - 60d or 7d?? So I would like to know what you think of the 60d. :)
I agree - I don't know why dirty washing seems to multiply after holidays!! But it does! :confused3

Kylie,
Thanks for sharing your holiday with us! I'm loving your photos - they are all beautiful - but I love your POFQ ones. :) So sorry to hear that your DH got sick, but very happy to hear of Disney's response.
A quick question for you - do you like your 60d? I am in a bit of a quandary right now trying to decide on an upgrade - 60d or 7d?? So I would like to know what you think of the 60d. :)
I agree - I don't know why dirty washing seems to multiply after holidays!! But it does! :confused3

Not to hijack the thread...but you're currently shooting with the 450D? I would be tempted to head to the 7D. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a lovely, wet night. Good ponchos. Did you get any of the mood chocolate? That sounds like my kind of marketing!

And regarding your breeding holiday washing....like gremlins, be careful getting it wet late. It'll multiply by the time it gets to the ironing board! :sad2:

I wish I did get the chocolate - I did need it!!!

Firstly your photos are stunning! I especially love the one of the tree of life. Secondly thank goodness your hubby is feeling better. It really must have been a scare! Thanks for the great TR so far. Can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the compliment!!

Kylie,

I like the 60D and am happy with it. I feel comfortable using it, took a bit of getting to know you but wasn't too bad. We did look at the 7D but it was just that bit more past my budget.

Tuesday: Cinderella's Royal Table and MNSSHP.

DD, DN, SIL and I had a 8.05am appointment at the Castle. DH wasn't booked in as he was originally going to do the Steam Train Tour. He met us later on that morning.

We did some rides, which ones, I can't fully remember!!! There was BLAB, Tea Cups, Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Peter Pan, Small World, and others! Here are some pics from the morning...

I didn't even know I took this pic until I got home. I think I was setting the camera at the time, but it is so so cute.

IMG_2801 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Snow White by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

IMG_2806 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

IMG_2808 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

IMG_2812 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

This is the Traditional Breakfast. Not exciting and very bland. Overall, I was disappointed with the breakfast and found the dinner in Norway a million times better.

Cinderella's Royal Table by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Here are some shots from around the park during the morning....

It's a Small World by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

It's a Small World by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

DD and Push(?) the Talking Trash Can

Talking Trash Can by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Big Thunder Mountain Railway by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Liberty Bell River Boat by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Next up, MNSSHP pics - there isn't heaps of these, mainly photo pass which we haven't received back yet. Plus the bonus of what is possibly the worst dinner ever at the Plaza Inn - but at least the pictures look yummy!

I am sorry to hear that your DH got sick on the trip.

Your photos are amazing! Thanks you for the trip report.

We went back to the hotel and freshened up for MNSSHP. DD dressed as a pink witch, DN as Baterina, and SIL was a pirate witch. DH was going to be Dr D from Phineas and Ferb and myself a purple witch, but with the heat and our costumes it wouldn't of been a good combination.

Dinner was at Plaza Inn. It was horrible. No other words can describe. OK, the chips were ok, but nothing else. Dry, crumbly mess. Looking at the pics you wouldn't think so, but it would be on my avoid list if we ever went back.

Meat Loaf - Plaza Inn by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Children's Side Salad - Plaza Inn by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Ham and Cheese Toasted Sandwich - Plaza Inn by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Plaza Inn by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Here is from left DN, SIL, DD

Plaza Inn by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

We did a couple of trick or treat stations, watched the fireworks and did some rides. Again, nearly everything was a walk on.

Castle by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Look closely, there's an Otter in there....

Otter? by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

IMG_2268 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Timon by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

IMG_2301 by ~* Kylie *~, on Flickr

Next update: Bit of a quiet day, with some shopping and DH goes to Kennedy Space Centre.

I :love: all your pictures but i really really :love::love::love: the pictures of the castle with the reflection in the water :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Great photo's Kylie. Do you use a flash? I forgot to take mine.

hjd, I have recently upgraded from the 450d to a 7d. Love the 7d, though I do notice the extra weight. It is easier to carry now I have a crumpler neck strap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter