Tower of Terror 13K & 6.5K Race Website Link

I've looked into the vow renewal thing. To do it officially through Disney means a minimum investment of $10K...looks like we may have to come up with something else as a way to celebrate our 10th anniversary.

Do we have an ordained minister or a justice of the peace in the WISH group?

Dave:hippie:

It seems like there would be able to find one in the Orlando area and have the ceremony "unofficially". There is a nice green garden area behind the BWV near the canal. It is outside the stairway door near the 1001 room number. We went down it daily from our 4001 room number. Just a thought?

When my DS and his wife got married one of their friends became a minister via the Internet so that he could perform the ceremony. He did a wonderful job and it was a beautiful ceremony. For a vow renewal would you even need an official minister? Perhaps you could design your own ceremony, totally unofficial......just a thought!

There was a vow renenal at Le Cellier in Epcot the last time we were there OCT 2006,at the table next to us. It was a suprise for there Parents. They had a local pastor come to the restaurant. It looked wonderful and the waiter was very attentive.Tina

Chimera-
For the intimate vow renewals, it only costs $2950.

Here is the link
http://www.disneyweddings.go.com/site/vow/int/start/index.jsp

It is for the escape collection. The others are more, but if you are having about 18 guests or less (including you and your spouse) then this would be a good way to go.

Hubby and I are planning on doing that for our 10 year. :)

Thanks, I looked at that but, if I'm reading correctly, those ceremonies are only available Mon thru Fri and we're looking at a Sat.

Tina...I think something like what you mentioned at Le Cellier would be cool, maybe at the Y&B beach. I don't know if we need an 'official' official. Maybe we could have our resident philosopher, Craig, say a few words for us ;)

I hope they do something to differeniate (sp? sorry 12 miles today has totally killed my brain! LOL) the 2 distances. Even if it's just the lanyard color.

Here is some news from Disney explaining why there is a $25 difference between the 6.5K & 13K races while only $10 between the 1/2 & full.

"The 6.5K is half the distance and it is not chip timed which is the reason for the price difference. The 13K will have more entertainment elements on the course as well."

I wonder what these "entertainment elements" will be?? Any guesses?? The Legend of Boggy Creek?? Just move him out of that mountain in AK:)

Thanks Robert! That is good news that they are planning on entertainment. So the 6.5K won't be a chipped event but am I understanding it correctly that the 13K will? If not no biggie since I'll have my Garmin ;) Boy am I loving my new toy LOL

I wonder what these "entertainment elements" will be?? Any guesses?? The Legend of Boggy Creek?? Just move him out of that mountain in AK:)[/QUOTE]

Well should we throw HonnieBee to the Boggy Creek Booger or just kick some big Hairy butt?

Bring on the Boogy thang!

Well should we throw HonnieBee to the Boggy Creek Booger or just kick some big Hairy butt?

Wait a minute now! How come I'm the one to get thrown to the Boggy Creek Booger?? What did I do???? :scared:

Wait a minute now! How come I'm the one to get thrown to the Boggy Creek Booger?? What did I do???? :scared:

Ok one vote to NOT throw HonneiBee to the Boggy Creek Booger.:rolleyes1

Even if we don't feed you to the boogy, we need to keep you close to keep an eye on you and keep you out of trouble. That much mischeviousness running around loose could knock the planet off it's axis.

Aww, see! one weekend away with the girls and I get a reputation. :confused3 I had nothing to do with using up all the bail money the first day! Nothing at all! :upsidedow

I wonder what these "entertainment elements" will be?? Any guesses?? The Legend of Boggy Creek?? Just move him out of that mountain in AK:)

Dave:hippie:[/QUOTE]

I think Dave's still feeling the affects of his chili and tuna diet. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I think Dave's still feeling the affects of his chili and tuna diet. :rolleyes1
:lmao:[/QUOTE]

Don't remind me:eek: Burp!

We have to have a plan Vic, it's the twilight zone remember. 50 WISH walkers and runners take off for a little 8 mile adventure. But it seemed that the world had changed while they were gone. The things we thought we knew just didn't seem to fit anymore. :scared1:

We cannot throw Judy into the Boogy! She is our entertainment, ya know! ;)

Mel - is that Saturday your actual anniversary? I only ask since Chad & I got married at WDW on a Tuesday morning to save $$$. It's really not that bad having a weekday wedding or renewal since you are on a vacation. I do like the idea of just bringing an officiant to WDW somewhere & just doing it yourself though.

I think I even cooked up a scheme to have a sitter for Zack!
It's either that, or start saving up for a Fairy Godmother now...

We cannot throw Judy into the Boogy! She is our entertainment, ya know! ;)

Ok 2 votes not to throw HonnieBee to the Boogy! But you are responsible for her. If she causes the end of civilization as we know it, we are blaming you.

So let me get this straight.

Judy has boogers? :confused3 ;) :lmao:

Naw, Judy is just one of those wonderful people who seem to create chaos, and has caused normal people to run screaming into the night.

Look at the near riot she caused when she said she signed up for the ToT before anyone else could.

Whose causing the chaos? Dave or Judy? Me thinks Dave must have reached the end of his honey-do-list for the day :lmao:

I'm lmbo over the posts. Don't worry Judy!!! We all know the beastie will grab one of the front runners, those doing a 4 minute/mile racers and creep back into the darkness. Never be first unless you are more than 100% sure you can out run the beastie. And if the beastie looks like that swamp, one eye creature from Scooby's old cartoons than even my Mom will be able to outrun him LOL

Voting to keep Judy in the center of the pack where we can keep a close eye on her :thumbsup2

Ok 2 votes not to throw HonnieBee to the Boogy! But you are responsible for her. If she causes the end of civilization as we know it, we are blaming you.

Ok, I'll keep track of her. She still owes me a Long Island iced tea, ya know! Then again, if we have the iced teas, we may need the bail fund... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter