Tower of Terror 13K & 6.5K Race Website Link

Wow this is a cool group, is everyone going to the MNSSHP also???

How about the walking group, who is in on the group walk.

Dave:hippie:

Add me and DH to the list for this race.

Nancy (padisney) 13K walking
Norm 13K walking

We will not be walking together as I walk so much faster than him. I am walking with Jeanne and her DH will walk with mine.

We are already down there on vacation so just extending our trip. Need to decide which hotel to stay at as don't want to use DVC weekend points.

Nancy

Add me and DH to the list for this race.

Nancy (padisney) 13K walking
Norm 13K walking

We will not be walking together as I walk so much faster than him. I am walking with Jeanne and her DH will walk with mine.

We are already down there on vacation so just extending our trip. Need to decide which hotel to stay at as don't want to use DVC weekend points.

Nancy

Nancy -- I know there are a bunch of WISHers at POP Century and some at Port Orleans Riverside. Not sure where everyone else is staying.

And, Yes! We are going to MNSSHP Friday night. It is our first time for this event and I have always wanted to do it. :banana:

Cam--- You will love MNSSHP. We are going either Thursday or Friday night. I probably will see if we can get into POFQ and then when AP rates come out see what discount I can get. Thanks again for the shirts.

Nancy

Hi guys :goodvibes
Ok, so I was wondering if Disney is going to have this race next year or not.... I will barely get enough time off to run the race and fly back home if I do.. and just feel like it wouldn't be a fun, relaxing vacation.. so hoping next year they run it and I can stay for a week.
Thanks so much

(Oh yeah, ran the inagural DL half, so this would be COOL.. and who can pass up a glow in the dark race shirt???) :thumbsup2

I will be staying at ASMo.

I figured out the new pacing requirement. It is 18.5 minute mile for the 13K and 37.5 minute mile for the 6.5K

Anyone heard any news on the DVC discount for the race??

I haven't signed up yet because I have been waiting but maybe we will just forgo it.

Wendy: Glad your joining us at LTT:)

Cobbler: I have sent several emails back to the Disney person who is doing the DVC app. He did a read receipt yesterday so I know he wants to get it done. Disney still doesn't have a paper app on their site. I would expect it soon now that they have fixed the pace requirement. Only us Disneyits really know about it. $10 is $10! So I will wait.

As it gets closer our creative WISHers are going to need to put on their thinking caps and come up with a cool way to incorporate our WISH shirts into a Halloween costume for the ToT event. We will want to be able to spot each other in the dark!!

Ah, I'm so sad that I won't get to join you guys for the LTT event. However, I will be at MNSSHP that night. Will anyone be meeting up sometime later that night?

Not sure if this is public info yet. My dd wanted to do this race since we were arriving Oct 27. I emailed Disney about packet pickup on Sat. They said pickup will last till 5:00 PM:yay: . Tina

has anyone tried to buy the extra party tickets yet? i only want 1 adult ticket and it keeps telling me i can't enter "0" for the kids ticket. Just seeing if anyone else is having a problem.

OOooooo......I just signed up! Can you count me in for dinner too? I am coming down on my own as well.... Unless of course I fall in love before then ;) Hey.. I can dream can't I?????

Sooooo... if anyone has room can I crash?

Kathy

Guess I was really excited! Double post!! sorry! ;)

I'm not sure if anyone posted this info yet, but I spoke to one of the ToT race planners at the Minnie expo and asked him what the medal would be like. He said he's not finished designing it yet, but it will look like ToT and will have an elevator that moves up and down. Pretty cool! The logo on the shirt will be glow in the dark (I guess that means the whole shirt won't glow?). He also said that technically the after-party is open to the public, but they are not promoting it to the public so that it will be more intimate for the runners and their friends/family. This race is going to be awesome!!

I just looked at Disney's site and the race now starts at 9:30 pm and not at 9:00 pm like it was origanlly stated. Hope they figure all details before the race fills:confused3

That medal sounds sooooo cool! I can't wait!:banana:

FYI - When I went to the expo, they told me that part of teh race woul dbe run through teh woods at WWoS. Very cool!

FYI - When I went to the expo, they told me that part of teh race woul dbe run through teh woods at WWoS. Very cool!

Yep the woods is where that darn big hairy thang is gonna be waiting. But don't tell anyone we will keep it secret.

Dave:hippie:

Any news yet on the DVC discount??

I think by the end of the week or next I will be signing up regular if there isn't one yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter