TOO MANY ADS!

Running adblocker and adblocker+ on Safari in my iPad and it works great. Run both on Chrome and Edge on my laptop as well. I don’t run any on my phone and on those rare occasions I look at the DIS, the disruption from ads is shocking!
The bolded isn't an option for me. I'm an Android guy. :D

I use Adblock plus and STILL get some ads on this site. It's probably worse than any other site I visit, Disney or not. I get they need the support\money etc., but it is really overkill here.

You can have more than one browser on your phone. I have Firefox and Chrome. I rarely use Chrome though.

Just as we have dedicated apps on our phones which only do ONE thing, you can download Firefox, add on the uBlock Origin add-on and just use it as your dedicated DIS browser and never see ads again.
I know, but Chrome already remembers all my passwords. I do not.

I use Adblock plus and STILL get some ads on this site. It's probably worse than any other site I visit, Disney or not. I get they need the support\money etc., but it is really overkill here.
I use a combination of Adblock Plus and Ublock Origin. I don't see a single ad on this site.

This post is amazing. I just downloaded adblock for Safari and it's lifechanging.

The Macbook I'm currently using is on the older side (5 year old intel) so it was really struggling with websites with a million ads (including a number of Disney blogs) to the point that some websites were unreadable on this Macbook and my Macbook fan was pretty much running all the time...

And suddenly my Macbook can handle these websites and without the fan running!

I feel bad as I know some of the websites I use rely at least partly on ads though...

This post is amazing. I just downloaded adblock for Safari and it's lifechanging.

The Macbook I'm currently using is on the older side (5 year old intel) so it was really struggling with websites with a million ads (including a number of Disney blogs) to the point that some websites were unreadable on this Macbook and my Macbook fan was pretty much running all the time...

I feel bad as I know some of the websites I use rely at least partly on ads though...
Same, my ipad is ancient and I could barely read these pages, all better.

I know, but Chrome already remembers all my passwords. I do not.

You only need to figure out ONE password: for the DIS. Use Firefox + uBlock Origin for that one site. Use Chrome for all your other stuff. It's mostly the DIS that has too many ads, IMO.

Yes, it's amazing how much extra, unnecessary scripts & megabytes of stuff we have to load for every page of the DIS just to read a thread. Most of it redundant at the tops and bottoms of all the pages. On older devices, that takes way too much time and space to load than those devices can handle. :badpc:

I have to use an adblocker on the boards. Every now and then I log in on a browser without one and the site is unusable.

Mostly??? I find this site the only site with such unbelievably intrusive ads. Ads are fine, if they don't ruin the read.

@Dan Murphy Actually I don't know about other sites as I have the AdBlocker Plus on. :ssst: ;) :thumbsup2 I just keep reading in the news how Facebook had all these political ads and fake ads which the Russians and other people used to sway voters. With AdBlocker Plus on I actually don't see ANY ads but I assumed they were there. :confused3

@Dan Murphy Actually I don't know about other sites as I have the AdBlocker Plus on. :ssst: ;) :thumbsup2 I just keep reading in the news how Facebook had all these political ads and fake ads which the Russians and other people used to sway voters. With AdBlocker Plus on I actually don't see ANY ads but I assumed they were there. :confused3
Oh yeah, I'm sure there are others that have ad loads as heavy as here, but as you said, don;t see them. And I don't do FB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter