Time To Get Girly!

Veronique, such beautiful pictures, wow. I love your pretty hair too. I WISH I could get my own hair into a braid or two!!!! Maybe I'll practice doing that before we go, ha ha. Yeah, I am still on the hunt for "bottoms"----I have some cute tops/tshirts to bring though.
Thanks for your nice post and helpful advice!

I'm plus size and I get XL Walmart capri pants that stop just under the knee in polyester (or nylon, spandex... not coton it gets wet lol) (also some are from Old Navy too I think). Since they are sport pants, they hold up everything a little bit so I usually don't see any unflattering photos around the mid area.

This year I have brace so I'll try to remember not to smile with my mount open so much lol

I've got curly hair, like some of the other girls mentioned. What worked well for me on my last trip in early September (HOT!) was plopping my hair at night. Basically, you wash and add whatever curl cream you like then tie a cotton t-shirt around your head like a turban and sleep in it. YouTube has easy, easy vids on how to tie it. When you wake in the morning, your hair will be spot on!

From there, I brought bandanas from Hobby Lobby that i folded into tie-around headbands. Once that was tied on, it kept my hair off my neck, making me feel cooler without having to actually pull my hair up completely. It worked perfectly!

Personally I dress for my body type. I'm a little on the pudgy end. I've been investing in some nicer quality clothes for the past few months. I've made it a point to buy light weight tops that let my body breathe a bit and that's easy to switch up by throwing a cover up on if I want. For pants a stick to simple high waisted spandex leggings/capris and nice comfortable walking shoes. (To be honest, out of everything the shoes are my priority lol)

As for makeup, I keep it super simple. I use clinique even better as a foundation and throw on a bit of eyeliner and mascara, then mist over with a good setting spray. I'm gonna be sweating so I'm not putting in a crap ton of effort. If you want a pop of color, Burt's Bees chap stick comes in some really pretty shades. My DBF got one of the red tints for me last year and people are always stopping me in the store to ask what lip gloss I'm wearing. I can't recommend it enough.

That being said, I can't even stress enough what @Zambezi Zelda said. Wear what makes you look good, but more importantly what makes you feel good. If it makes you feel cute or sexy or whatever, it will show in your stance and your face. That's whats gonna make the pic. ;)

Thanks Sally!! Gosh, I love everyone who chimed in, so helpful.
Ha, yes, I DO have a Burt's Bees chap stick, I think it is a berry-colored one. You know, I just did more shopping yesterday, got a few cute sundresses, and Skechers shoes! I've recently been on a shoe quest, and I really do like Skechers.
Anyway, makeup-wise, yes, keeping it simple. I really don't want to take too much morning time getting ready! I just bought a bronzer from Clinique yesterday as well....
I'm wondering what everyone's choice is for the setting spray? I do have a travel size of Urban Decay's All Nighter.
Thanks again all, it's always appreciated!!

I do my best to plan my outfits in advance & make sure that I'm comfortable in them both physically and in the mirror/pictures. Sometimes I'll throw a few back ups into my suitcase just incase the day of something feels off!
I also wear bike shorts/spankies under all my dresses/skirts. I wear a lot of them in Disney due to ease and the heat, but with getting in rides and wind, you need to be careful with dresses. Not sure how comfortable it would be to wear spanks all day in the parks, but that might be an idea!

As for hair & makeup stuff, I've got a lot of dance/theater proof makeup that I'll stick with, always using a good primer and a setting spray to hold it all in place. Either carry some blotting papers/some form of make up powder with you to "freshen" up before taking photos! My hair's up 90% of the time already, if it's hot, I don't want it on my neck, much less wasting time styling it with heat in the morning for it to just fall flat in 5 minutes. Test out some cute updo's to try out during the week. I love a good sock bun with a Disney themed bow!!

Hey, thanks Katt, great advice, all the way around.
I KNOW, I am so with you: I hate hair hanging on my neck/trying to style it cute in the morning, to have it go flat, not worth it. I realize it's not a fashion show I'm going to ;---)
I also hear you on the outfits. I think I am getting there, what with buying a few new things this weekend, etc.....I refuse to wear my beloved jean shorts though: anything jean material is staying behind.
Can I ask, which setting spray do you use? I have an Urban Decay travel size "All Nighter" I've tried lately. I'm kind of not sure, but my skin started breaking out lately (on the sides of my face, like up toward the hairline), so I am not sure if it's due to that, or something else. Lovely, right?
Anyway, thanks for your comments and advice. I just love this board, so many great people!!!!!
Have a good one :)

I'm all about comfort, but I also take looking nice in my photos into consideration. Instead of foundation, I wear a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen in it everyday at the parks. ELF Cosmetics has one that's sheer, but has great coverage. I also wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara, but don't do it up with the rest of my makeup.

I have a ton of naturally curly hair that would be a disaster by the end of the day if I wore it lose, so I just pull it back into a messy bun or a ponytail.

As for clothes, I hate wearing sneakers so I wear sports sandals. And I don't dress up, but I do try to choose outfits that "match" with whatever park I'm going to...I also try to coordinate with the rest of the family. I do also buy cute little accessories--necklaces, bracelets, etc.--to wear since I have a big head and can't wear ears. I don't wear shapewear, but when I pose I make sure to stand to the side, at an angle, and put my hand on my hip or my thigh--that gives a slimming effect. Also take photos from head on or above; below gives the double-chin effect.

I think I'm definitely a diva in Disney because i know I'll be taking a bunch of pictures. I usually wear a BB or CC cream with a high SPF with a setting powder and a little bronzer to give me some color, a waterproof mascara, a lasting eyeliner, and a lip stain in a fun color (usually stila or sephora because I feel like those last the longest). And that make up routine is like so much more extensive than my daily routine, but no one takes pictures of me at work thankfully :). I have a lot of hair, so I usually put it in a braid or a messy top knot.
I have a tendancy to avoid shorts cause of the thigh rub, so I'm also 100% for high waisted bike shorts under dresses. I do end up sweating in them, but I feel like at least the shorts catch it and it doesn't show on my dress usually. I like leggings and tunics, but August is probably too hot for that. I'm also a diva because I really hate wearing tennis shoes with anything other than gym clothes... I usually just wear cute flat sandals. If they're already broken in, then I don't have any feet issues.

Thanks Sarapizz! So many good suggestions and advice! Can't wait to put it all to good use in 24 days!!!!!!! Thanks again all who contributed to this thread---everything is appreciated!

So ladies, I've been following your discussion, and I'm loving all the tips. Can't wait to try spin pins!! I have natural curly hair so curious about how they will work.

Anyway, I've wanted to start a thread asking about what bras to wear but thought I'd start here first and ask you. I probably still will start a thread but I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm curious if anyone has the perfect one that's supportive, comfortable, no under wire and handles the sweat factor. Any recommendations? I hope you don't think I'm hijacking your post, OP, but bras are pretty girly, right? :cutie:

Warner's Chill FX. Got it from Target! It'll look like this: http://warners.com/intimates/play-it-cool-wire-free-with-lift/

I'm a C-D cup and it is basically the only bra that keeps me cool or actually wicks sweat. (Less so in extremely sweaty times, but for daily use it's pretty awesome. I'm just not sure how it'd fare in a theme park yet.) It's supportive, comfortable, they have a wire-free and wire-ful version, aaaaand it really keeps my basoomas strapped in. It's not exactly sexy. But it's great for t-shirts and dresses where the bust just doesn't have any stretch--a trusty semi-flattening bra.

Not specifically with this bra, but on some sad, hot occasions I've been known to just roll up two paper towels and flatten them under each cup to absorb sweat. (And then forget about them until I get home.... :laughing:)

Underboob sweat is my #1 nemesis. Dedicated to finding the holy grail bra someday, but this one has been my go-to for the last year and I like it.

Warner's Chill FX. Got it from Target! It'll look like this: http://warners.com/intimates/play-it-cool-wire-free-with-lift/

I'm a C-D cup and it is basically the only bra that keeps me cool or actually wicks sweat. (Less so in extremely sweaty times, but for daily use it's pretty awesome. I'm just not sure how it'd fare in a theme park yet.) It's supportive, comfortable, they have a wire-free and wire-ful version, aaaaand it really keeps my basoomas strapped in. It's not exactly sexy. But it's great for t-shirts and dresses where the bust just doesn't have any stretch--a trusty semi-flattening bra.

Not specifically with this bra, but on some sad, hot occasions I've been known to just roll up two paper towels and flatten them under each cup to absorb sweat. (And then forget about them until I get home.... :laughing:)

Underboob sweat is my #1 nemesis. Dedicated to finding the holy grail bra someday, but this one has been my go-to for the last year and I like it.

I'll have to check that out! Thanks!

Makeup: hourglass veil mineral primer, kat von D lock it foundation (this is a really high coverage full foundation so a little goes a long way, one pump and applying with a damp foundation brush covers my whole face without that choking feel), Estee Lauder double wear pressed powder, Nars bronzer/blush duo, tartelette in Bloom eyeshadow palette, kat von D tattoo eyeliner, Anastasia beverly hills brow wiz, layer Benefit Posie Tint with Nars lip pencil, finish off with Urban Decay setting spray. No mascara as I have eyelash extensions. Yes I know this is a lot and more than most but as a makeup lover this is genuinely my everyday go-to routine :P

As for hair I have super light blonde almost platinum hair so I style it in an Elsa inspired french braid, and I always wear athletic gear in the parks. Old Navy has some suuuuper cute styles that are also compression and have high waisted options which will prevent muffin tops and half the price of Lululemon

Thanks PinkHelloKitty! Nice routine there :) You are lucky to be able to style your hair in a french braid, I am fumble-fingers and can't even do a normal braid in my hair, I would LOVE to be able to do that!!! Thank you for all the makeup advice/tips---I want to hit Old Navy and check out the high waisted capris. Can I ask, what shoes do you wear? I'm having a real hard time with this one too.....I'm leaning towards Keen sandals, but want tennis shoes too. I have a pair of Skechers, they are hurting my feet though. Anyway, thanks again!

I'm a Nike sneakers girl through and through, I think I have almost ten pairs. I bring my pink ones to Disney though!

As for fumble fingers, just keep practicing. No one is able to intuitively hold multiple hair strands at once. Fishtail braids are good for beginners though because they only require two strands of hair

We went last week and I was surprised at how well my makeup held up! I used some of my own and some tips from this thread! I did a light moisturizer, Benefit porefessional face primer, Makeup forever Matte foundation, IT undereye concealer, IT Bye Bye Pores loose powder, IT no tug eyeliner, Benefit they're real mascara, Nars bronzer and blush & Urban Decay setting spray. Thanks everyone for the tips! I did notice my eyes were very red every day. I'm not sure if it was the lack of sleep or what was causing it but I recommend maybe an eye drop of some kind.

I even bought the Warner's bra recommended and it worked very well!

I don't wear a lot of makeup - just eyeliner and occasional eye shadow. However, for vacations I wear false eyelashes that I have done at a store in the mall. I look awesome in pictures with false lashes. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter