• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yes, after holding for an hour, that is the information they gave me. I wanted to add a day then to our 3 day tickets next week where Saturday has availability still right now and I was also unable to even do that. They must not have the capacity kinks worked out yet. I never thought I would have a problem adding park hoppers. I have always been able to.

Yes, after holding for an hour, that is the information they gave me. I wanted to add a day then to our 3 day tickets next week where Saturday has availability still right now and I was also unable to even do that. They must not have the capacity kinks worked out yet. I never thought I would have a problem adding park hoppers. I have always been able to.

Eek. I saw your reply JUST as the CM came on the phone and I almost hung up. Phew. I think you should call back tomorrow and hold again because I was able to add the days I needed during our stay! Ticket starts on the 18th and now runs until the 30th. She said hurry up and get in and make the park reservations quick. LOL.

If at first we don't succeed, call. Call again.

I purchased 8 tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing. One of the people in my group may not be able to go on the trip. I want to go ahead and book our park reservations. If I link that ticket to them and they end up not being able to go...can I assign that to another person for a later trip? And where does that ticket stay for that time? They are sending me hard copies of the tickets. Do I just remove it from my MDE if she doesnt go and keep the hard ticket for our next trip?

Eek. I saw your reply JUST as the CM came on the phone and I almost hung up. Phew. I think you should call back tomorrow and hold again because I was able to add the days I needed during our stay! Ticket starts on the 18th and now runs until the 30th. She said hurry up and get in and make the park reservations quick. LOL.

If at first we don't succeed, call. Call again.
So you were able to add days on the end of your trip? My tickets start the 16th. I just wanted to add another day on my ticket to 4 days but it wouldn't let me online even though Saturday is available at Epcot.

So you were able to add days on the end of your trip? My tickets start the 16th. I just wanted to add another day on my ticket to 4 days but it wouldn't let me online even though Saturday is available at Epcot.

Yes. His ticket starts the 18th and was continuing through the 26th and now it goes until the 30th.

Thank you! I will keep trying. I'm not hopeful. Apparently adding the park hopper, even when I get there, Is not an option due to capacity. Which stinks. I knew I should have added that sooner. I just never had a problem before doing so.

Thank you! I will keep trying. I'm not hopeful. Apparently adding the park hopper, even when I get there, Is not an option due to capacity. Which stinks. I knew I should have added that sooner. I just never had a problem before doing so.

At this point, nobody knows about the final "capacity."

Last edited:

Spent most of the afternoon on this and have talked to 6 CMs that are not able to add the hopper or the extra day. Everyone gets the same error message that there is no availability.

Spent most of the afternoon on this and have talked to 6 CMs that are not able to add the hopper or the extra day. Everyone gets the same error message that there is no availability.
Online it says "unavailable" to buy a ticket starting on 3/16, which leads me to believe the phone CMs aren't able to look up the price to extend a ticket that starts then. However, since you want to extend beyond the "unavailable" dates, I would think a supervisor -- or Guest Services CM -- should be able to do it. A 4-day ticket starting 3/16 extends use through Mon. 3/22, of which 3 days have park availability. I'm guessing this is the first time they've run into such capacity issues and need to figure this out. But there should be someone who can override the current restriction.

Online it says "unavailable" to buy a ticket starting on 3/16, which leads me to believe the phone CMs aren't able to look up the price to extend a ticket that starts then. However, since you want to extend beyond the "unavailable" dates, I would think a supervisor -- or Guest Services CM -- should be able to do it. A 4-day ticket starting 3/16 extends use through Mon. 3/22, of which 3 days have park availability. I'm guessing this is the first time they've run into such capacity issues and need to figure this out. But there should be someone who can override the current restriction.
They should be able to add a park hopper I would think too. I can’t believe this hasn’t come up. And it will keep coming up if they do t figure it out.

Update: 8th time is a charm. Talked to a great CM. She was seeing what was going on. Told me she had to pass me off to a manager and they would call me back in 90 minutes. She guaranteed we would get the hoppers and was super sweet and sympathetic to what was going on. Manager called back in the 90 minutes and was able to get us the hoppers in minutes. I’m so relieved. I just don’t think the CM’s have seen this before and the manager had to override it. So don’t give up if you run into this. Be persistent!

I'm glad it worked out! So true that this is a first. I believe this is the first time WDW has "sold out" of park reservations for a full week, and hopping wasn't an option back at the winter holidays when parks may have reached capacity.

Hi - we can't decide if we will want park hoppers in a few weeks or not. We've already paid off our package so we're thinking of just leaving them for now. If we decide, upon check-in, that we don't want them - can they remove the PHs and put that money on our room account? Thanks!

Technically tickets are nonrefundable. Hopefully they’ll work with you! I would call ahead of time so you’re not dealing with an (possibly) unpleasant experience at the front desk at the start of your vacation. They’ll refund (if able) to the card on file, it won’t go in your account as a credit.

If I buy a 1 day ticket at shades of green, for Oct. Epcot on the 7th or 8th. If we decide not to go, can I save the ticket for another trip. It will all depend on the mask situation.

If I buy a 1 day ticket at shades of green, for Oct. Epcot on the 7th or 8th. If we decide not to go, can I save the ticket for another trip.
Yes.
If the later date you choose has a higher cost-level, you must pay the difference to use your ticket.
If the ticket finally fully expires, never used, you can still use its original value to help pay for a new ticket for use at a time when you do travel to WDW.

A friend thought she could use multi day tickets for days throughout the year, not with in the 14 days of activation. She went for a one day visit using a three day standard ticket, and it’s been over 2 weeks since so the entire ticket is now expired. She is unable to use the remaining two days. If she calls Disney will they help get her days back? Maybe she could pay them out of pocket for the one day she visited in exchange for them giving her back the 3 day multi ticket?

Appreciate any feedback if anyone has experienced this or heard of something like it happening

Disney ticketing was down for a couple of hours for an update this morning. Crossing my fingers that things will be better today.

A friend thought she could use multi day tickets for days throughout the year,
1. not with in the 14 days of activation.

She went for a one day visit using a three day standard ticket, and it’s been over 2 weeks since so the entire ticket is now expired. She is unable to use the remaining two days.
2. If she calls Disney will they help get her days back? Maybe she could pay them out of pocket for the one day she visited in exchange for them giving her back the 3 day multi ticket?

Appreciate any feedback if anyone has experienced this or heard of something like it happening
1. The blanket "14 days" is no longer valid, either.
Each ticket's validity period is now based on the number of total days on the ticket (and a couple of other factors not relevant to this question.)

2. The only thing to do is explain fully and "ask nicely."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter