1. Nope.
2. Yes.
3. Guest Relations of any ticket booth.

thank you for the answers. I’m assuming we need to use the ticket first and would need to add additional day before using it the last day?

thank you for the answers.
1. I’m assuming we need to use the ticket first
2. and would need to add additional day before using it the last day?
1. You can, but that does not affect the cost of upgrading.
2. The latest time that you can upgrade a ticket is by close-of-business on the same day that you use the tickets' last asset.

Quick question. This is the first time were staying offsite. We normally stay onsite and just pay the initial amount to reserve then pay it off by the due date.

If I buy just the tickets do I have to pay the full amount all at once when I buy them or am I able to put down a deposit and pay it off later?

Thanks!!

1. If I buy just the tickets do I have to pay the full amount all at once when I buy them
2. or am I able to put down a deposit and pay it off later?
1. In nearly all cases, yes.
2. If you are a Florida resident, you can buy an AP via monthly payments.

The simplest solution to buying tickets via "time payments" is to use a credit card.

I have been on hold for "the 1 person in ticketing who can assist with 2020 tickets into 2021 tickets" for 4 hours now. What time does ticketing close? It is almost 8pm EST. I am really frustrated. I have 7 tickets I need made into May 2021 tickets is this really the only way? Is there a direct number for me to call tomorrow since I have zero faith the call is going to be answered today? Goodness.

SotS

Last edited:
Back in February 2020 I had purchased a 3 day hopper ticket at the convention discount price. I was supposed to have been going to a convention in May 2020, which obviously didn't happen. I just checked MDE and the hopper ticket still shows in my tickets available. We are headed to WDW in September. Will this ticket be good to use or do I need to exchange it for a new hopper pass?

It looks like we are going for 4 days now instead of 3 days. I guess I need to call guest services to see if I can apply the cost of that original ticket to the purchase of a 4 day hopper.

Morning, My niece is buying tickets for a family vacation. Her work is offering a Disney ticket discount, very similar to AAA. The website says that the tickets will be e-tickets. Can I assume that when she gets the email, she sits down and can link these e tickets to her magic band and her magic disney experience? Has anyone had problems linking them?

Hi! We're finally getting ready to buy out tickets for our first trip to WDW in the spring 2022. I had a couple of questions:

1. If I purchase 4 base park tickets for our family of 6, no package, and decide later I'd like to add a 5th day (say, Magic Kingdom a second time), would I be going back and paying at the 1 Park day rate? Or would I get the cheaper rate because I have 4 days booked already? We're thinking we'll only do 4 but I'm worried closer in we'll regret not having a 5th day.

2. If I want to use Disney giftcards to buy the tickets, can I use multiples? Or do I need to consolidate them? And how much from a giftcard is allowed when purchased park tickets?
(Sorry that's more than 2 questions)

Thanks so much!!

Hi! We're finally getting ready to buy out tickets for our first trip to WDW in the spring 2022. I had a couple of questions:

1. If I purchase 4 base park tickets for our family of 6, no package, and decide later I'd like to add a 5th day (say, Magic Kingdom a second time), would I be going back and paying at the 1 Park day rate? Or would I get the cheaper rate because I have 4 days booked already? We're thinking we'll only do 4 but I'm worried closer in we'll regret not having a 5th day.

2. If I want to use Disney giftcards to buy the tickets, can I use multiples? Or do I need to consolidate them? And how much from a giftcard is allowed when purchased park tickets?
(Sorry that's more than 2 questions)

Thanks so much!!
Are you planning to buy your tickets direct from Disney? Or through an Authorized WDW ticket broker? If buying direct from Disney, you can use Disney gift cards. I would recommend combining them before making your purchase. You should be able to use the Disney gift card for the entire park ticket purchase. If buying through an Authorized WDW ticket broker, you usually can't use Disney Gift cards. I'm not aware of any that do, but I'm also not familiar with ALL of the Authorized WDW ticket brokers out there.

Are you planning to buy your tickets direct from Disney? Or through an Authorized WDW ticket broker? If buying direct from Disney, you can use Disney gift cards. I would recommend combining them before making your purchase. You should be able to use the Disney gift card for the entire park ticket purchase. If buying through an Authorized WDW ticket broker, you usually can't use Disney Gift cards. I'm not aware of any that do, but I'm also not familiar with ALL of the Authorized WDW ticket brokers out there.

We'd be buying them through WDW site with a Dreams Unlimited travel agent. I'm glad to hear there's no limit to how much $ can be used from giftcards! I will definitely consolidate them prior. Thank you

Uh oh. Husband's 6 day ticket needs upgraded to a 9 day (we extended our trip an extra weekend). The parks are now blocked for some of the days next week during his existing purchased ticket window BUT we have park reservations for the days that are blocked. The system will not allow the ticket to be upgraded because of the blocked days. The first person I spoke to that answered the TA line said the computer knows what it knows and won't allow her to override it even though we know we have reservations already for the blocked days. Only other solution offered so far was to pay for a separate ticket outside the blocked days. I am now in the never-ending queue to speak to someone in ticket services.

Editing to note that this issue was resolved by the ticket services phone CM. She must have an override button because we have all the days we need and there was no issue. It only took 2 hours on the phone but at least I got to hear Soarin, Haunted, and Small World ride theme songs twice.

Last edited:
I tried to add park hoppers to our upcoming 3 day park tickets and I get the error "The days you have selected are no longer available". I already have my 3 days and reservations for each day booked. This is for next week and I know all reservations are full but I thought we could still park hop. All I wanted to do was add the Park Hopper option now and apparently I cannot. Does anyone know why?

See my post a few minutes ago in Tickets and upgrades. If the days are closed, the system will not allow for any additional days or modifications. The CM I spoke to originally said even if you are trying to do something like at a PLUS option for a water park (which obviously isn't blocked), the computer and the CM cannot process the request. I've been transferred to ticketing and currently am on hold trying to add 3 days to a ticket that overlaps blocked days.

You can upgrade the tickets on MDE and pay the difference between a 4 day and 5 day ticket. I did just that last fall when we decided to do an extra park day.

Ugh. That really is disappointing! I thought we would be able to hop :mad:
You can add the Hopper option when you are at WDW.
(Even just before you are ready to “hop” for the first time.)
No need to do so in advance.
(You should not have any trouble doing this.)

Apparently now during covid if the parks are at capacity for reservations, they will not let you add park hoppers to your existing tickets. So if you are on the fence about getting park hoppers, you should when you get your original tickets.

Apparently now during covid if the parks are at capacity for reservations, they will not let you add park hoppers to your existing tickets. So if you are on the fence about getting park hoppers, you should when you get your original tickets.
Is that what a CM told you? It's inevitable that capacity % will need to go up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter