Hi - we can't decide if we will want park hoppers in a few weeks or not. We've already paid off our package so we're thinking of just leaving them for now. If we decide, upon check-in, that we don't want them - can they remove the PHs and put that money on our room account? Thanks!
Since you have a package, it is probably easier to remove the hopper in advance and add it back when you are there. I don’t know how easily you can remove once you arrive, and trying to do so could eat up a bit of you time with some frustration. Depending how close you are to arrival there could be a $50 change fee but I think WDW may waive it.

I have 2 park hopper tickets with 2 days left on each from 1999. How can I transfer them to a ticket to use for our upcoming vacation in December and use the park reservation system to secure our days? I've tried calling twice this morning with more than 100 minute wait time and have been waiting for a chat slot to open up.

We have several of those as well from the mid 00's. On our last trip in 2018, we went to the customer service at Disney Springs to see if they could combine them. At that time they told us that they couldn't, just to hold onto the tickets and use them as needed. They were able to tell us what each ticket had on it so at least it's in their system. I'm not sure that strategy works anymore with the new reservation system. We'll probably take our tickets back and try to get them transferred again to our MDE account when we return in June.

I have 2 park hopper tickets with 2 days left on each from 1999. How can I transfer them to a ticket to use for our upcoming vacation in December and use the park reservation system to secure our days? I've tried calling twice this morning with more than 100 minute wait time and have been waiting for a chat slot to open up.
I'm pretty sure calling is your only option. There use to be an email option where they also wanted a photo of your ID, but I can't seem to find that in the FAQ anymore.

Annual Pass renewals. If I have a room-only reservation for 2022 but we are Annual Passholders who have active passes into July, how do I secure park reservations? Can I renew my AP early? My concern is... it is for the week of New Years' and although I imagine reservations will still be available in June, stranger things have happened. Thanks for any thoughts.

We're planning our first trip to WDW next spring (2022) - yay!!!! And we have the dates we'd like to go, so I was goIng to book our 5-day base park tickets now. I know the value of them can be applied for a future vacation, if we end up needing to change the dates of travel... But what if our trip has to be postponed a year or even longer? (Unlikely, but this trip is a big deal $-wise for us so I want to know all the rules). Thanks :)

@PoohBearFamily Unused tickets do "expire" in that they cannot be used as-is. However you are correct that they will always retain their value as a credit towards new dated tickets. Even if you have to wait a couple of years (or more). Just make note of the ticket numbers because they are likely to disappear from your view, though WDW can still see them. It would be good to note the Disney online value at the time you purchase as well, because that is the amount of credit you should have (and that info may be hard to find later).

Last edited:
Unused tickets do "expire" in that they cannot be used as-is. However you are correct that they will always retain their value as a credit towards new dated tickets. Even if you have to wait a couple of years (or more). Just make note of the ticket numbers because they are likely to disappear from your view, though WDW can still see them. It would be good to note the Disney online value at the time you purchase as well, because that is the amount of credit you should have (and that info may be hard to find later).

Ok this makes sense. Thank you! So by online value do you mean the total $ we paid for our tickets? I will save a copy of our receipt for sure

Ok this makes sense. Thank you! So by online value do you mean the total $ we paid for our tickets? I will save a copy of our receipt for sure
Are you buying tickets directly from WDW? Then yes the receipt is probably fine if it itemizes each ticket.
If you are buying from a third-party reseller, I suggest you check the equivalent price on the WDW website and just make a note of it. DISboards gets tons of questions "how much is my old ticket worth?" and now with date-based pricing there really isn't a good reference source for that info.

Are you buying tickets directly from WDW? Then yes the receipt is probably fine if it itemizes each ticket.
If you are buying from a third-party reseller, I suggest you check the equivalent price on the WDW website and just make a note of it. DISboards gets tons of questions "how much is my old ticket worth?" and now with date-based pricing there really isn't a good reference source for that info.

Definitely direct from WDW, I'll save my receipt and if it's not itemized, I'll make note of how many tickets. Thanks for your help!

Hi Everyone-
We are heading to WDW for a two week stay this summer. We wanted to purchase AP tickets for our family of 3 but as we all know- that's a no go. Do I need to purchase a 10 day ticket and then a separate 4 day ticket for each of us?

Hi All, we purchased 8 day park tickets through UT in Jan 2020 for our April 2020 trip which never happened. My nephew turned 10 in July 2020. We are now rescheduled to go in July of this year. (The tickets were the plastic cards received through the mail so are transferable.) I have called Disney ticketing three times on 3 different days to change/upgrade his ticket to an adult ticket and was told by three different CM's not to bother due to Covid? that we should just use the ticket he has from 2020 as is. Has anyone else had this experience? thank you!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone-
We are heading to WDW for a two week stay this summer. We wanted to purchase AP tickets for our family of 3 but as we all know- that's a no go. Do I need to purchase a 10 day ticket and then a separate 4 day ticket for each of us?
You certainly COULD do that. ($$$)
Or, you could buy the Water Parks option on a 10-day ticket and visit those options on any remaining non-Theme Park days.
Or, skip the parks and do other resort and/or "Orlando things" on day-1 and day-14 and a couple of your other days.

Also, APs might (MIGHT) become available.
If they do, you can upgrade a ten-day ticket to AP...
but you cannot combine more than one ticket into a single AP upgrade.

Last edited:
Hi All, we purchased 8 day park tickets through UT in Jan 2020 for our April 2020 trip which never happened. My nephew turned 10 in July 2020. We are now rescheduled to go in July of this year. (The tickets were the plastic cards received through the mail so are transferable.) I have called Disney ticketing three times on 3 different days to change/upgrade his ticket to an adult ticket and was told by three different CM's not to bother due to Covid? that we should just use the ticket he has from 2020 as is. Has anyone else had this experience? thank you!
I kinda have to agree that it's not such a bad idea.

(Otherwise, if you want, you certainly CAN upgrade to "adult" after you arrive...
even after you have entered the first park.)

Update: 8th time is a charm. Talked to a great CM. She was seeing what was going on. Told me she had to pass me off to a manager and they would call me back in 90 minutes. She guaranteed we would get the hoppers and was super sweet and sympathetic to what was going on. Manager called back in the 90 minutes and was able to get us the hoppers in minutes. I’m so relieved. I just don’t think the CM’s have seen this before and the manager had to override it. So don’t give up if you run into this. Be persistent!
I've been watching your turmoil the past couple of days.... I have military tickets I got through a military installation (the office is now shut down due to COVID I guess). I called and they said I could only upgrade to hoppers in person. Now I'm a little worried I won't be able to in person... hopefully I can refer to this that maybe a manager can do it... or, maybe they're better in person with letting one add them on!

I kinda have to agree that it's not such a bad idea.

(Otherwise, if you want, you certainly CAN upgrade to "adult" after you arrive...
even after you have entered the first park.)
Hi Robo - thanks for the reply. Well apparently, fourth time is a charm. I must have sounded especially desperate this morning and after explaining the three other calls I had - this new CM was able to make it happen. Can't say it was easy, but but saves me a ton of anxiety!

We let our AP's expire as we are no longer going 3 times a year like we did before the shutdown. We're going this fall but don't know the exact dates yet. If we buy 5 day passes now, can we change the dates later on without a penalty? Thanks.

If we buy 5 day passes now, can we change the dates later on without a penalty?
Since tickets are now priced by date, you will need to pay any additional cost if your new dates are more expensive. But yes, you can change the dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter