This half time has to

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took them about 40 seconds to adjust it to where I could hear what Snoop was saying. But after that it was fine. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it was well performed imo. Hardly worthy of the label of the worst half time show in history.

Not counting 67-89 before they had hit artists do the halftime, I think 2011 with The Black eyed Peas was the absolute worst. That one was a rough day all around. It featured this.

Gloria Estefan and the winter carnival was rather lame too. (1992)

I loved it. And it made me so happy to see Dre taking center stage after coming so close to death barely a year ago. My only complaint was that the audio mixing didn't feel like it was quite on point - we cranked the volume up just for the show to come through at roughly the same volume as the play-by-play has been all game, and the music overwhelmed some of the vocals in places. I loved the "house party" set/vibe.

It has been kind of funny watching the reactions on socials, though - most people around my age loved it, while my older friends and a few same-age folks who are very anti-rap hated it. Very little in between.

Yes, especially when one is sitting on the wrong side of the stadium. All they get to see is the back side of the artists, when they are on top of the boxes. Or they don't see anything when they are performing inside the white boxes. :sad2:
That happens at about every Super Bowl. The performance is geared toward one side of the stadium. The other side has to watch on the big screens. That's not that unusual.

I will say this was not my type of music (although I like the Eminem song), wasn't really crazy about the show, but didn't think it was terrible.

I wasn't impressed by the ads. My favorite (and that's not saying much) were the T-Mobile "save the phones" with Dolly Parton & Miley Cyrus.

Liked most of it a lot, although not a big fan of Snoop nor his walk - how on earth did they let that go???

Thought it was strange how those rooms/houses/stages could only be seen from one side of the stadium. Not like they didn't know where they were going to perform. All the one side of stadium got to see was the part of the show where several performers jumped out of what looked like cardboard boxes.

Thought most of the TV commercials were awful. Far too many seemed like they were recorded at 2x the normal speed to jam more into their 30 second timeslot. Several weren't even clear what they were advertising. Totally a waste of the $X millions they paid when most who were watching likely couldn't even name the product being advertised. I often wonder if they fill up the unsold ad time with TV show or movie ads?

It took them about 40 seconds to adjust it to where I could hear what Snoop was saying. But after that it was fine. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it was well performed imo. Hardly worthy of the label of the worst half time show in history.

Not counting 67-89 before they had hit artists do the halftime, I think 2011 with The Black eyed Peas was the absolute worst. That one was a rough day all around. It featured this.

Gloria Estefan and the winter carnival was rather lame too. (1992)
The black eyed peas show was the opposite where the vocals were too loud and you couldn’t hear the music. Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter